nerdmann
7 years ago

Recurring pattern: Aaron Rodgers, Packers' offense still out of sync

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

ESPN wrote:

They have a valid point. Mike's teams NORMALLY don't start actually showing up until around week 10. Remember the SB year, when they players needed that "Come to Jesus" meeting?

Still, this is different than just normal disarray, and it has been going on since the bye week last year.

His most recent such game came in Week 6 of the past season, in an efficient, two-touchdown, no-interception win over the San Diego Chargers, and his most recent truly dominant stretch of football came in the second half of the Week 9 game last season at Carolina, even though that game ended in defeat. Playing what he described as “school-yard ball” after falling behind big that day, Rodgers nearly rallied the Packers with four touchdowns and 369 yards. Rodgers hasn't posted a 300-yard passing day since the week after the Carolina game, and that came in an ugly home loss to the Detroit Lions, who come to Lambeau Field on Sunday.

That's his problem.

He doesn't WANT to execute the offense. He wants to play sandlot ball.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DarkaneRules
7 years ago
Yep and the good defenses have him all but figured out. He needs to trust his guys and execute the offense.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
gotarace
7 years ago
Even teams with a less than stellar pass rush are sending the house to get Aaron dancing...the comments of fear of getting hit are really starting to hold water. Quick hitting sure routes could go a long way in making Aaron more comfortable in the pocket again.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
blueleopard
7 years ago
IMO Aaron Rodgers' best game as a passer was that divisional game against Dallas when he was on a gimpy leg.

That Rodgers proved to me he's a legitimate QB in the league.

Then he got his legs back.

Bring back Aaron Rodgers with the quick and effective release please.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
nerdmann
7 years ago

Even teams with a less than stellar pass rush are sending the house to get Aaron dancing...the comments of fear of getting hit are really starting to hold water. Quick hitting sure routes could go a long way in making Aaron more comfortable in the pocket again.

Originally Posted by: gotarace 

Maybe some traps and misdirection to slow down that attacking pass rush. Throw in an enema-draw to Cobb every now and then. High percentage WCO "Roger Craig" type screens.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
Been out of sync for a few years. Just been hidden by numbers created by free plays and busted play scramble drills. Its been slowly going down as we lost players like Jennings, Driver, Jones and haven't found replacements of their level. Back when we won the SB, we basically had 5 #2/#3 WR's. today we have a #2, #3 and 3 - #4/#5
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Yerko
7 years ago
Until the Packers reintroduce the middle of the field and quick routes into the offense, we can expect to see the same bullshit every week.

McCarthy's scheme is abysmal. No change from last year.

Rodgers mechanics are brutally bad and he is continuing to decline.

Why?
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
7 years ago

Until the Packers reintroduce the middle of the field and quick routes into the offense, we can expect to see the same bullshit every week.

McCarthy's scheme is abysmal. No change from last year.

Rodgers mechanics are brutally bad and he is continuing to decline.

Why?

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

I agree. A truly good coach would get this under control, no matter what that means. If Aaron isn't doing what McCarthy says (which I am not convinced that's the case), then bench him. McCarthy is the leader of this team. He needs to do whatever is necessary to fix the issue. I don't think Hundley is the answer at all. Aaron Rodgers still has all the elite physical tools and intelligence, he just needs to get right mentally and needs a coach to guide him through the process. I don't think McCarthy is capable of doing that at this point, for whatever reason. Someone has to make it happen, because McCarthy's message has become stale, even if it is the right message.
Porforis
7 years ago

Been out of sync for a few years. Just been hidden by numbers created by free plays and busted play scramble drills. Its been slowly going down as we lost players like Jennings, Driver, Jones and haven't found replacements of their level. Back when we won the SB, we basically had 5 #2/#3 WR's. today we have a #2, #3 and 3 - #4/#5

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I agree with your facts but not your conclusions. We don't have bottom-10 talent at WR but our pass offense has been complete garbage. Rodgers' happy feet and brainular issues, McCarthy seemingly being incapable of making adjustments, and WRs dropping shit on the rare occasion someone does get schemed/fluked open. More talent sure as hell won't hurt but this is the NFL. You've got to be able to move the ball more consistently than this even if you've got a bunch of #4s out there.
DoddPower
7 years ago

I agree with your facts but not your conclusions. We don't have bottom-10 talent at WR but our pass offense has been complete garbage. Rodgers' happy feet and brainular issues, McCarthy seemingly being incapable of making adjustments, and WRs dropping shit on the rare occasion someone does get schemed/fluked open. More talent sure as hell won't hurt but this is the NFL. You've got to be able to move the ball more consistently than this even if you've got a bunch of #4s out there.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

The Packers have plenty offensive talent to be successful. The coaches have to get Aaron Rodgers right because the Packers aren't sniffing a Super Bowl in the near or distant future without him. Fix things and maximize the talent that is available. The Packers simply are not maximizing their offensive talent at this point, and I mostly blame the coaching. All of the players are also to blame, but they are a subset of the coaching. It's been going on long enough. Be aggressive and fix the issues. Whatever has been happening simply isn't working so it's time to try something else. The buck has to stop somewhere, and ultimately, that should be the head coach in this case, imo.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (12h) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (20h) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.