Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
I've been doing a lot of thinking about that question that was asked of a possible draftee. Such a BIG deal was made about it. The player could of given any one of three answers, "yes", "no" or "none of your business".
Instead a big deal is made about it, with" sensitivity training" ordered.
To me, everyone is SOOO ultra sensitive about EVERYTHING.
If homosexuality is so "normal", why is asking if someone is gay such a horrible thing?
I mean, if someone asked me if I was gay I would say "no" and that would be the end of it.
Political correctness has made it almost impossible to converse with anyone.
You have to walk on eggshells or take a chance of being called "insensitive".
I've been wailed on for my beliefs over and over again, and have NEVER turned anyone in to the P.C. Police.
Grow a pair and learn to have a little thicker skin!
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago
That's because your beliefs render you a bigot and you deserve to be "wailed" on.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Teams are more afraid of "distractions" than they are about actual gayness imo. Frankly I wish dudes would just come out and end all the hysteria. Who cares if some dude likes dudes. Can he get to the QB?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

That's because your beliefs render you a bigot and you deserve to be "wailed" on.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

LOL!
You never let me down! If I would have bet money on your response, I would have won.
You say I'm a "bigot".
Why? Is it my belief in the Holy Bible as God's word?
Or the fact that I judge people on their actions and not their skin color?
Is that what the liberal hating party tells you to say?
Tell me where anything I stated in my original post was wrong. Or proved I'm a bigot.
You can't of course.
You are a hate monger.
I guess the "kind, caring, non judging" liberal party has shown its true colors with someone like you.
You say the conservatives are I unaccepting of any other views, but YOU are the most vile spewing person I have ever met.
I know there are people here that have similar views that I have, yet won't speak up because of your constant bullying of anyone that DARES to disagree with you.
You didn't answer my original post. I guess it would have forced you to actually think and come up with actual points.
So you revert to your normal "bla bla YOU'RE A BIGOT bla bla HATE SPEACH" garbage.
I honestly can't remember if you EVER made any actual arguments to prove any of your views. It's just endless bullying and JUDGING me.
You know....like you accuse me of constantly.
I actually make valid points.
You should try doing that sometime. Maybe it would jump start your brain out of the liberal mind control they have over you.
Nah....forget I said that. I don't want you to strain yourself.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
8 years ago
I know a few homosexual people. The guys I know don't mind talking about it at all.

The problem here is that it's asked at what is essentially a job interview. It's just as irrelevant a question as if they asked me how long my penis is when applying for an accounting job. It's just an irrelevant question about a deeply personal subject. That has nothing to do with being political correct, but more with not being a twat.

Nice little tidbit. The guy who asked the question, Marquand Manuel, was one of Ted's not-so-good FA signings in 2006.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
I wouldn't have any issue with the questions these people are asking. I'm probably naive here in thinking they are asking more to see how I handle the ludicrous nature of the questions, more than the substance of the answer. These athletes are multil million investments and this is probably just some twisted psychological way of discerning how they handle pressure.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
8 years ago

I wouldn't have any issue with the questions these people are asking. I'm probably naive here in thinking they are asking more to see how I handle the ludicrous nature of the questions, more than the substance of the answer. These athletes are multil million investments and this is probably just some twisted psychological way of discerning how they handle pressure.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think you're probably right. The timing of the question and how Manual responded makes me thing the same.

That still raises questions about whether it's an ethical thing to do (next to it being outlawed by the NFL). Sexuality isn't a big issue for you, but if someone made an inappropriate comment about your daughters to try and trigger you, I imagine it'd be a different case.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago

I know a few homosexual people. The guys I know don't mind talking about it at all.

The problem here is that it's asked at what is essentially a job interview.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Well, what if the job interview is with Chick-Fil-A? A Christian employer is not allowed to ignore Bible's instruction. (And, no, it isn't just the Leviticus bits or even just Paul. See Matthew 5:17-19. Jesus himself makes no exceptions to the Old Testament. In fact he categorically *rejects* the notion of doing so.)

Not saying this is what Marquand Manuel was or was not thinking. It wouldn't be surprising to me in the macho world of football that this was the old "stress interview technique" being abused. To my mind, that kind of questioning is inappropriate in virtually any situation (as, by the way, a careful reading of the relevant bits of Paul on homosexuality, especially in the book of Romans, would reveal Paul the oft-scorned "homophobe" arguing most emphatically.

But, speaking as one of those Bible thumping fundies, a question about one's beliefs about homosexuality should not *necessarily* be considered ludicrous, whatever the secular law might say about it.

Because to our way of thinking -- or rather, to our God's way of thinking-- there is a difference about asking about one's belief about appropriate (i.e., "sinful or not"; which certain questions about sexual orientation/belief/practice may go to) sexual practices and asking about sexual endowments (which in fact is itself commits the sins of sexual immorality and idolatry).
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I think you're probably right. The timing of the question and how Manual responded makes me thing the same.

That still raises questions about whether it's an ethical thing to do (next to it being outlawed by the NFL). Sexuality isn't a big issue for you, but if someone made an inappropriate comment about your daughters to try and trigger you, I imagine it'd be a different case.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Your agent actually tells you ahead of time that you're going to be asked very outlandish questions and advises you to keep your cool. It is an interview atmosphere and you have to be prepared for that sort of thing. I was interrogated mercilessly by a detective at 18 who handcuffed me while I was in class in an attempt to rattle me. So, I am pretty sure I know I wouldn't respond as you imagine, even at their age. However, if the comments were made at, let's saya restaurant, without thinking much about context or surroundings, I would say what you imagine my response to be is probably accurate. Chances are dude would get face planted.

UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
8 years ago

Your agent actually tells you ahead of time that you're going to be asked very outlandish questions and advises you to keep your cool. It is an interview atmosphere and you have to be prepared for that sort of thing. I was interrogated mercilessly by a detective at 18 who handcuffed me while I was in class in an attempt to rattle me. So, I am pretty sure I know I wouldn't respond as you imagine, even at their age. However, if the comments were made at, let's saya restaurant, without thinking much about context or surroundings, I would say what you imagine my response to be is probably accurate. Chances are dude would get face planted.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Good on you, then.

Still, agents preparing their prospects doesn't make it any more acceptable. It's the same as Ireland asking Dez if his mom's a hooker. It's might be just to stress test him, but it's an utterly ridiculous question in a job interview, because it has no bearing on their competence as NFL players in the slightest bit.