porky88
11 years ago
It is true. Rodgers and the Packers don't play well in tight games. They tend to find ways to shoot themselves in the foot. Rodgers, specifically, has struggled to put the team over the top. He's had two legitimate moments. The throw to Greg Jennings in the '09 opener versus Chicago and last year's drive at New York.

With that said, I think the comebacks will come. Rodgers is too good not to notch several come from behind victories in his career. In addition, most of his opportunities have come in '08 and '09, which were his first two seasons as a starting quarterback, though they did falter early on in ‘10 as well. The Washington and Miami games were especially frustrating.
nerdmann
11 years ago

It is true. Rodgers and the Packers don't play well in tight games. They tend to find ways to shoot themselves in the foot. Rodgers, specifically, has struggled to put the team over the top. He's had two legitimate moments. The throw to Greg Jennings in the '09 opener versus Chicago and last year's drive at New York.

With that said, I think the comebacks will come. Rodgers is too good not to notch several come from behind victories in his career. In addition, most of his opportunities have come in '08 and '09, which were his first two seasons as a starting quarterback, though they did falter early on in ‘10 as well. The Washington and Miami games were especially frustrating.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

To me, Mike McCarthy has a problem getting the team psychologically/emotionally/mentally ready for games. They have a tendency to start ugly and to falter until week 10.

But if you look at the history, it's not Arodge that has cost us in crunch time, it's almost always the defense. In '10 the defense came up big in a number of games, with game clinching INTs. But if we look at these actual close games that we lost, it's generally on the defense. In fact that's why they shitcanned Bob Sanders and went out and hired Dom Capers instead.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
Having no pass rush hurts tremendeously when a team is trying to hold a lead with a couple of minutes left. Hopefully, we've brought players in that can, working with past players, remedy that.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Rios39
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Also to tie against the Dolphins with no time left and needed a 4th down conversion to save the game. Went to OT. We went 3 and out however in OT. But that happens to a lot of teams in OT and we couldn't make the stop.

blank
DakotaT
11 years ago
If we are able to put a top 15 defense on the field, I don't think anyone can touch us. I call BS on the being punched in the face theory. You don't win three playoff games on the road, then dominate a bully in the super bowl and be accused of being pussies. The day Nick Collins was carted off the field - we were exposed.

What we continue to have a problem with is stepping on necks. I understand it is not exactly wise to do that to your division opponents, but everybody else should be fair game. Like him or loathe him, but Ced Benson is going to help us grind out the fourth quarter this year.
UserPostedImage
Rios39
11 years ago
I'm more worried about our run blocking. The reason we are below average at 3rd and 4th and short is cause our O Line has not done a good job at all at pushing the pile or opening lanes. If we open the lanes or push the pile Benson and Kuhn will land forward.

My concern is the run blocking..looked better last game and we saw decent results.
blank
blueleopard
11 years ago
McCarthy was trying to input a system since joining, and now I believe it's finally in place.

It relies on the players.

With a 2:00 drive down by 6, I'd still rather have Favre on my team than Rodgers.

In our Super Bowl year, especially towards the end, Rodgers was never able to sustain drives long enough. We had to cross our fingers and put our defense on the field. And they responded.

Unfortunately last year, the defense decided to tank and put the offense on the field. And our only two losses were the ones that hurt the most.

So I'd say I agree. The Packers lack true identity when crunch time actually matters, and until we see some consistency (which would only happen if we were pushed against the wall every week), we won't know. Teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Giants were built for clutch opportunities. We were built to dominate.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
nerdmann
11 years ago

McCarthy was trying to input a system since joining, and now I believe it's finally in place.

It relies on the players.

With a 2:00 drive down by 6, I'd still rather have Favre on my team than Rodgers.

In our Super Bowl year, especially towards the end, Rodgers was never able to sustain drives long enough. We had to cross our fingers and put our defense on the field. And they responded.

Unfortunately last year, the defense decided to tank and put the offense on the field. And our only two losses were the ones that hurt the most.

So I'd say I agree. The Packers lack true identity when crunch time actually matters, and until we see some consistency (which would only happen if we were pushed against the wall every week), we won't know. Teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Giants were built for clutch opportunities. We were built to dominate.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

The Packers weren't exactly clutch with Brent at the helm either. Remember 2007?

THAT was on the QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

The Packers weren't exactly clutch with Brent at the helm either. Remember 2007?

THAT was on the QB.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

QB's last started for the Packers were either Brett, Aaron or Matt. Prior to that was a fella named Don. You might wanna brush up on your facts about "Brent". 😳
UserPostedImage
porky88
11 years ago

THAT was on the QB.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I also remember clutch TD passes against San Diego, Denver, and Kansas City. That's just from one season.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (22h) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (22h) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.