You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:38:55 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Awesome Wade.

I think Formo just needs someone to cry together with after the next late season collapse as Vikesrule is nowhere to be found. He was hoping it would be you as you're a pretty understanding guy.

I actually think Vikesrule posts with a new name now as he's become a Packers fan (but with his pride, he'll never admit it). Now the question is, who joined in the past few months that could be the former Vikesrule?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline MassPackersFan  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:47:17 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 4

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
It's getting kind of hard not to say "I told you so" in the general direction of Minnesota. The teams and fan base really had the, "No pressure, everything is cool, he can do what he wants and we're just happy to be near enough to sniff his jock" attitude going quite well for a while.

But you can't avoid the drama.

I'm sure everyone on the team has an opinion. We've only heard a few of them speak out publicly. A certain Vikings board has a 25 page thread arguing about Favre since the "retirement" talk a week or two ago.

This is all after ONE offseason. Welcome to what used to be our world. Imagine it for 3-4 years.

Yeah.. well I still have the 'cool' attitude. I'm not sure if you are referencing PP.O.. but I reminded them at how retarded they all sounded in that Favre thread.. and was completely ignored. That's fine though. Just know that not EVERY Viking fan is 'up in arms' over Favre and whether or not he'll be back.

If I remember correctly, he didn't even show up to practice until after the first preseason game anyway.

More respect to you then. I honestly don't hold it against the team or the fans, and I don't mean to make Favre sound like a villain either. There will always be a vocal minority (minority?) of fans who will get all worked up about it and create a ton of drama. It's unavoidable when it comes to Favre and how he waffles during the offseason. The teammates' reactions I understand. Their jobs are affected.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:55:07 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

True....just as it was here, the players MUST get tired of Favre's "Gee....i don't know if i will or won't" yearly debate with himself. THEIR jobs are affected. And they HAVE to see how much coddling he gets, and it HAS to bug them. If he comes back, they will all fall in line like good "soldiers". But i'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall to hear how his teammates REALLY feel about all this drama.

And T-Jack.....i don't think he's that bad, really. He's young and learning. He could develope into a good QB. (If he ever gets the chance, that is)
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 6:21:04 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

What I love the most is once the season starts, all this "drama" ends and it's all about football. It's been like that for the last 3 years and it will be that way again this year. I just hope his ankle is healthy because I don't want to see him hobbling around taking shots all season long. Plus, to start off the year vs New Orleans, uhh. That's gonna suck to get beat around in week one. I just hope, if they're getting beat badly that Childress takes the pressure off Favre and runs the ball a lot, even if they're down big. No need to take big shots early in a season.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 6:37:15 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

What I love the most is once the season starts, all this "drama" ends and it's all about football. It's been like that for the last 3 years and it will be that way again this year. I just hope his ankle is healthy because I don't want to see him hobbling around taking shots all season long. Plus, to start off the year vs New Orleans, uhh. That's gonna suck to get beat around in week one. I just hope, if they're getting beat badly that Childress takes the pressure off Favre and runs the ball a lot, even if they're down big. No need to take big shots early in a season.

We're gonna miss once he gets taken off on a stretcher. What in the hell are you going to talk about then Grave?

I don't get Brett's ambition to keep coming back. He already pissed away both opportunities to get back to the super bowl. He already "stuck it" to uncle Ted. The love of the game thing has been dispelled. All I can come up with is that Deanna is a gold digger or unbearable to live with.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#21 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 6:41:36 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

We're gonna miss once he gets taken off on a stretcher. What in the hell are you going to talk about then Grave?

I don't get Brett's ambition to keep coming back. He already pissed away both opportunities to get back to the super bowl. He already "stuck it" to uncle Ted. The love of the game thing has been dispelled. All I can come up with is that Deanna is a gold digger or unbearable to live with.

I will probably shift my focus from Brett to Ted Thompson and how he needs to do a better job. Ya know, because i'm spiteful and bitter like that.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline DakotaT  
#22 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 6:45:53 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

I will probably shift my focus from Brett to Ted Thompson and how he needs to do a better job. Ya know, because i'm spiteful and bitter like that.

I think you just really like Brett Favre. Don't worry, I once reveared him as well.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 7:16:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

I think you just really like Brett Favre. Don't worry, I once reveared him as well.

Then grew up to be a man.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 2:06:18 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

OHHHH!!!! Better call "the BURN unit!" We have one coming in!!!LOL!
UserPostedImage
Offline Gravedigga  
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:38:22 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Brett Favre section. You're the pot and i'm the kettle, lol
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:04:22 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 201

I don't think you are a kettle, I think you're a coal mine.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:34:46 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

I've gotten tired of giving a damn. Once the man retires (for good), I'll clean the section up of your posts, err I mean the non sense stuff. :P

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline peteralan71  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:33:26 PM(UTC)
peteralan71

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 7

http://www.whosay.com/ChrisMortensen/content/1757?code=UTN3ce
Quote:
Just relayed on SportsCenter and ESPNews that Vikings All-Pro DE Jared Allen wants Favre to make a decision by week 3 preseason game out of fairness to the team and Tavaris Jackson.

Hmmm.... I guess he's not a complete ASS.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.

UserPostedImage