You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 1:43:55 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

Quote:
Updated: May 20, 2010, 9:14 PM ET
[size=18]Favre hangs NFL future on CWS[/size]
Associated Press

HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Brett Favre says he still isn't sure what he's doing next season, but he may have given some indication after visiting with the Southern Miss baseball team.

The Minnesota Vikings quarterback told the Golden Eagles on Thursday morning that if they can make it back to the College World Series for the second straight year, he will return for one more season in the NFL.

Favre has left fans hanging since the Vikings lost to New Orleans in the NFC Championship game. He signed a two-year contract with the Vikings before last season. Coach Brad Childress hasn't talked with Favre recently except by text message.

Southern Miss players have a lot of work to do if they want to force Favre into action. They are 30-20 and need wins to earn a postseason invitation.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Formo  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 8:45:14 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Did he really say that to them?! lol Tongue in cheek methinks.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:09:39 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,778

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Did he really say that to them?! lol Tongue in cheek methinks.

Maybe that's how he's making his decisions now. Be prepared to play just in case and if they don't hold up to their end, bah oh well, I'll retire.

I think he plays though. I also think he'll sign a one day contract with the Packers (that one is iffy and a pipe dream source thought)

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline zombieslayer  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 12:59:59 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Favre said this as a joke. It amazes me that people took it so literally.

He's had his surgery. He'll be back.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:43:38 PM(UTC)
Formo

I guess that means that Southern Miss will be in the College World Series.. Congrats Southern Miss!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:49:13 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 930

I think he plays though. I also think he'll sign a one day contract with the Packers (that one is iffy and a pipe dream source thought)

Depends on whom is in charge with the Packers.. if Thompson at the time.. not happening IMO.

But hell we have time.. Brett will milk out the Vikings for a couple more years until that SB window closes for good.. and then if another suitor hops in we may have a few more years..

Thompson will be near retirement then. ;)

Seriously though, I think they will retire his number someday.. and he will be placed on the ring.. his decade and a half performance more than warrants it..

After the sting and emotion cools some.. directed at Brett, Packers FO and the Favre clan. Can't forget some of the Packer faithful as well.. the really pissed off ones.. lol.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 5:59:38 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I don't think Brett is stung or pissed off as many feel he is. Early on, I believe so. Now? Not a chance. He's still able to play and in an offense he knows well and enjoys on a team that is very talented. As he said, he didn't have anything left to give the Packers.

It's worked out for both parties and I think he realizes that. Mainly, because he's said it quite a few times, lol. He's also said he understands why the Packers made the decision they did, just feels that 'hey you want to go in different direction, fine, great, but let me chose my next team ... thats the least you can do for what i did the last 16 years' ... When the Packers said 'no brett' ... thats what pissed him off and hurt him.

Spoken as fact, however that is my opinion from everything I've researched and seen.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 6:49:45 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

I don't think Brett is stung or pissed off as many feel he is. Early on, I believe so. Now? Not a chance. He's still able to play and in an offense he knows well and enjoys on a team that is very talented. As he said, he didn't have anything left to give the Packers.

It's worked out for both parties and I think he realizes that. Mainly, because he's said it quite a few times, lol. He's also said he understands why the Packers made the decision they did, just feels that 'hey you want to go in different direction, fine, great, but let me chose my next team ... thats the least you can do for what i did the last 16 years' ... When the Packers said 'no brett' ... thats what pissed him off and hurt him.

Spoken as fact, however that is my opinion from everything I've researched and seen.

My opinion that there is emotion left will come when the two to three men at the center of the falling out shake hands or at least acknowledge each other. Those parties are Ted, Brett and Mike.

And I think it is personal on some levels.. I recall the Favre clan wearing a Ted analogy during the first game last season..

Yes he has stated he understands and accepts the Packers decision.. but he has stated twice publicly he has retired as well. Pardon me if I hold little value in his spoken word.. actions speak louder than words to me.. and throwing the ball down the sidelines in a game that was by all means decided is proof that there is some issues yet to be resolved.. IMO.

All my opinions...

Waiting for the rebuttal where I haven't researched it enough to understand. ;)

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:24:05 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

That's the first time Favre went deep when the game was already decided? C'mon now, that's a helluva stretch, lol.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:28:23 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

That's the first time Favre went deep when the game was already decided? C'mon now, that's a helluva stretch, lol.

Nope.. but all they had to do is run out the clock.. and his reaction after he misfired lead me to believe there was purpose with the throw.. maybe not..

Another question.. as I don't know.. did Brett and Mike shake hands after either game? I know Aaron and Brett met.. not sure about Mike and Brett..

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:30:49 PM(UTC)
Formo

I gotta side with Zero.. Didn't Favre 'overdo it' against the Cowgirls this past playoff game? I'm sure there are other instances where he went for a long ball with the game in hand I just can't think up now..
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:32:58 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Okay.. lets throw out that example, even though I disagree.

Is there not more evidence that Brett holds a grudge against Thompson and the Packer brass? More than his word, which I am sorry to say is suspect at best.

I like how Zero skirted that remark.. lol. ;)

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:35:55 PM(UTC)
Formo

Hey.. He did sweep Teddy and Mikey last year. I'm pretty sure he's satisfied and showing them whatever it was he wanted to show them.
UserPostedImage