Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MassPackersFan  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 3:58:05 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

GBPG link

Quote:
Report: Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre needs ankle surgery, weighing retirement option

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has learned that he needs surgery on his left ankle to play this season, according to an ESPN report. He is weighing whether to have surgery or just retire.

Favre said the injury happened during the NFC Championship Game against the New Orleans Saints. The ankle remained swollen and painful, so the quarterback had more tests, ESPN reported.

According to an e-mail Favre sent to ESPN, he said he had spoken with the Vikings and that this decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 much like Green Bay for many years.

He wouldnt reveal the exact diagnosis or prognosis on how long recovery would take.

It doesn't surprise me that one year in Minnesota would feel like a decade. ;)
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 4:40:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

What does he mean by the one year felt like ten, much like in Green Bay? That he got super comfortable in one year or one year was hell and felt like ten?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 4:43:45 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

The last line bothers me more than the ten year..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 4:46:58 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 243

Packers' Barnett encouraging Favre

by Kevin Seifert

Quote:
Green Bay linebacker Nick Barnett put out an all-points bulletin Friday via Twitter:

Quote:
Somebody tell Brett to have that surgery so I can make up for last year!!!

Consider it done.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 6:43:19 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

And his contradictory nature continues.. unless Werder fabricated some of his e-mail.

Off Brett Web Site...

Quote:

I want to add to the information provided in the article that was published this morning on ESPNs website. Given the reaction to the article, and the typical conclusion jumping, I thought Id clarify a few things.

While my ankle has been bothering me, the injury is not debilitating. For example, Im able to work around my property without any problems. Sure certain exercises cause some ankle pain, but its nothing that I havent experienced (or played with) before. In fact, many people dont realize that I injured my ankle before the NFC Championship game. Ive had surgery on this ankle twice before, and Ive played with the pain before. The hits I took throughout the 2009 season, including the Saints game, just added to the ankle pain and likely caused some bone spurs.

I dont believe major surgery on the ankle would be required for me to return in 2010. Ive consulted with Dr. Andrews on the phone, and a relatively minor procedure could be done to improve the dexterity of the ankle, and to relieve the pain. Ive put up with pain worse than this in my career, and I didnt want anyone to assume that the possibility of surgery was the sole factor that would determine whether I return or not. Some people reacting to the ESPN story have made this assumption. I dont blame them for doing so, given that the term surgery often covers a variety of procedures, some more complex than others.

The ankle pain is a factor, but one of many factors that Ill need to consider in making my decision. Other factors include the input of my family, and the wonderful experience that I had last year with the Vikings.

-- Brett Favre
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 7:03:11 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Am I the only one who thinks these emails don't sound like they were actually written by Favre himself? I wonder who ghost writes his public releases.
UserPostedImage
Offline MassPackersFan  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 7:07:28 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
What does he mean by the one year felt like ten, much like in Green Bay? That he got super comfortable in one year or one year was hell and felt like ten?

I'm pretty sure he means that he felt comfortable and "welcome" there. I just prefer the other interpretation.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 7:38:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Am I the only one who thinks these emails don't sound like they were actually written by Favre himself? I wonder who ghost writes his public releases.

Keep in mind that it's easier to sound 'clean' in an email than it is vocally. In email, you can touch things up, use spell check, or just spell things out that you would normally lump together. Which would correct certain phrases... Vocally - t'was, Email - it was.

People think that Brett is 100% computer dumb and can't type. That's not completely accurate. You can debate that your own way.

With that said, with this specific email, I'm willing to bet my left testicle was worded by Brett, typed by Deanna. Why? Because Brett doesn't care for typing.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 7:46:22 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Apparently Zero knows Deanna likes to type... UserPostedImage

With that said, with this specific email, I'm willing to bet my left testicle was worded by Brett, typed by Deanna. Why? Because Brett doesn't care for typing.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed