Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:37:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
RP - Sorry, my friend, but I'm going to change all five of your reasons.

1) Mike McCarthy realizes his mistakes and reverts back to 2007 Mike McCarthy. He becomes aggressive again. Goes for fourth downs. Says screw the run when the pass works. Never again sits on leads and realizes that the game isn't over until you see zeroes in the Fourth Q.

2) Dom Capers and the switch to 3-4. We start actually pressuring the QB. QB has no idea where the pressure's coming from. Kampy finally gets some single teams and he's able to exploit them. Hawk surprises everyone (except for me) and gets 8 sacks.

3) Driver shows us age means nothing to him. He and Gregorious both get 1000+ yards receiving and 8+ TDs.

4) Mike McCarthy finally understands that the pass can open up the run (he knew this in '07, but he forgot that concept in '08). Defenses do their little Cover 2s, but with a two TE attack, there are just too many holes to stop the Packer version of the WCO. Half our runs are when Ds were expecting pass and Grant goes back up to 5+ ypc.

5) Woodson, Collins, Bigby, Williams, Harris, and Rouse. Those names strike fear into opposing Os' hearts. Collins shows he's not a one-year wonder. With added pressure, QBs are forced to throw when they shouldn't and our DBs become interception machines.

Damn Zombie you sound like the Shermanites did when they told us how good those 10-6 NFC North champion teams were. I'll be happy if 1/2 of your lists comes to fruition, although the whole list is possible with the proper amount of work applied.

I think if we can crack the top fifteen in overall defense, we have a real good shot next year. I am a little apprehensive about the O-line, moreso, than some of you because we don't seem to discuss the wholes there much.
UserPostedImage
Offline gotarace  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:21:59 PM(UTC)
gotarace

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 18

2) Dom Capers and the switch to 3-4. We start actually pressuring the QB. QB has no idea where the pressure's coming from. Kampy finally gets some single teams and he's able to exploit them. Hawk surprises everyone (except for me) and gets 8 sacks.

My friend.. if Hawk even sniffs at 8 sacks.. I will launch a I love AJ site in honor of his achievement..

But I may rest easy, because unless he turns back the clock 4 years.. there is no way in hell that AJ will become that effective in the blitz.. the guy is taking on blockers like a pansy the last 20 to 24 games.. maybe Greene will wake the monster inside of Hawk.

I buy most of the other points here.. but call me jaded but Hawk has been playing like a pansy ass candy coated plum drop of his former OSU and even part of his Rookie year self.

Agreed on the Hawk front completely..He needs to step it up. Also Nick Barrnet his play has been less than lack lusted before his injury. I hope the injury doesn't set him back even further.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Offline shanks2122  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:25:10 PM(UTC)
shanks2122

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 5

#5 Aaron had to prove last year he could start 16 games this year he will prove he can win a game in the 4th quarter......................in miami
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:26:45 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Damn Zombie you sound like the Shermanites did when they told us how good those 10-6 NFC North champion teams were. I'll be happy if 1/2 of your lists comes to fruition, although the whole list is possible with the proper amount of work applied.

I think if we can crack the top fifteen in overall defense, we have a real good shot next year. I am a little apprehensive about the O-line, moreso, than some of you because we don't seem to discuss the wholes there much.

I see things through Green and Gold lenses. I readily admit that.

But if we have another 6-10 year, I'll be calling for both TT's and MM's dismissal. Ted Thompson is in year 5, Mike McCarthy is in year 4. 'Tis time to show some results or start working on a resume.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:46:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

I see things through Green and Gold lenses. I readily admit that.

But if we have another 6-10 year, I'll be calling for both Ted Thompson's and Mike McCarthy's dismissal. Ted Thompson is in year 5, Mike McCarthy is in year 4. 'Tis time to show some results or start working on a resume.

I was really disappointed in this year because I feel we have a better team top to bottom than Chicago or the Purple. I did not get hung up on the whole Favre thing and really want to keep my feelings about his last four years as a player to myself.

I felt our season went to sh!t when Cullen went down, then Al, and then when Barnett got hurt it was really some sort of sign that God wanted Childress to remain the coach of the Purple.

I'm pretty excited about next season because of the change in defensive philosophy from read and react to attack. I have concerns about the O-line; but for the most part we are in good shape. We are a better team than that of a team with the overall 9th pick.

As far as the green and gold glasses thing, I do enjoy all of you with that enthusiasm, but I'm more of a prove it to me first type of person. Maybe that's why I enjoy the yearly demise of the purple team so thoroughly.
UserPostedImage
Offline TheEngineer  
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:44:27 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Curiously I noticed that you think that Alex Smith would have been our Rodgers had we drafted him instead. I actually think having Smith would have been more risky, considering the style of offense he ran, and the opposition he's played against. I also don't think Smith would have fallen to #24 had Rodgers been drafted 1st overall.
blank
Offline Yerko  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:57:57 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 152
Applause Received: 248

#5. 6-10 is unacceptable and the players will come out next season to prove that.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed