Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bozz_2006  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:57:53 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

what is ERFA?

EXTREMELY Restricted Free Agent? lol

seriously, what does it mean?
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:48:34 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I do think it's odd that so many of us have a soft spot in our hearts for Ruvell Martin. I wonder where that comes from? It's certainly not his output on the field.

The only way I see him on our roster next season is if Ted Thompson elects not to draft a receiver this year. It would shock me if Thompson failed to draft a WR, however.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:49:12 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
what is ERFA?

Exclusive rights free agent.

Quote:
Unrestricted Free Agents

Unrestricted Free Agents (UFA) are players who have completed four or more accrued seasons of service and whose contracts have expired. They are free to sign with any club.

Restricted Free Agents

Restricted Free Agents (RFA) are players who have completed three accrued seasons of service and whose contracts have expired. They have received qualifying offers from their old clubs and are free to negotiate with any club until April 21, at which time their rights revert to their original club. If a player accepts an offer from a new club, the old club will have the right to match the offer and retain the player. If the old club elects not to match the offer, it may receive draft-choice compensation depending on the level of the qualifying offer made to the player.

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents (ERFAs) are players who have completed between 0-2 accrued seasons of service whose contracts have expired. If tendered, they have no negotiating rights with other clubs and must sign their tender with their old club or sit out the season.

It would suck to be an ERFA, because if you sit out the season, you aren't accruing tenure. You're basically left without a choice but to sign the offer you're tendered.
UserPostedImage
Offline jdog2  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:04:57 AM(UTC)
jdog2

Applause Received: 1

what is ERFA?

Exclusive rights free agent.

Quote:
Unrestricted Free Agents

Unrestricted Free Agents (UFA) are players who have completed four or more accrued seasons of service and whose contracts have expired. They are free to sign with any club.

Restricted Free Agents

Restricted Free Agents (RFA) are players who have completed three accrued seasons of service and whose contracts have expired. They have received qualifying offers from their old clubs and are free to negotiate with any club until April 21, at which time their rights revert to their original club. If a player accepts an offer from a new club, the old club will have the right to match the offer and retain the player. If the old club elects not to match the offer, it may receive draft-choice compensation depending on the level of the qualifying offer made to the player.

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents (ERFAs) are players who have completed between 0-2 accrued seasons of service whose contracts have expired. If tendered, they have no negotiating rights with other clubs and must sign their tender with their old club or sit out the season.

It would suck to be an ERFA, because if you sit out the season, you aren't accruing tenure. You're basically left without a choice but to sign the offer you're tendered.

Unless you are Ryan Grant you get a huge payday for 1 big season.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:05:40 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Make that half a big season. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:11:15 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 170
Applause Received: 259

I do think it's odd that so many of us have a soft spot in our hearts for Ruvell Martin. I wonder where that comes from? It's certainly not his output on the field.

I agree with that.

The only way I see him on our roster next season is if Ted Thompson elects not to draft a receiver this year. It would shock me if Thompson failed to draft a WR, however.

I think Jake Allen has the talent to beat Martin out. Alenn just has to be better at his route running and blocking. But he has more raw talent.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 2:14:45 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

I agree with that.

I like the kid, he is not a #1-3 for a the team, but he has been quiet, not gotten and any trouble, and does what is asked of him the best he can. Nothing wrong with that.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline blueleopard  
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 2:32:16 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 68

I agree with that.

I like the kid, he is not a #1-3 for a the team, but he has been quiet, not gotten and any trouble, and does what is asked of him the best he can. Nothing wrong with that.

It's kind of like the whole Robert Ferguson thing--except I like Ruvell Martin a whole lot more than Fergie.

Ruvell is a player with great build and has exceptional strength, especially in the blocking game. If he knew how to catch, he'd probably start.

I hate to keep mentioning it--but NFC Championship... if he catches Favre's deep left corner, we would've won the game because nobody was scoring TD's anymore.

Ruvell Martin can beat anybody Ted drafts, simply because WR's aren't that great in the draft this year. Unless the draft pick is higher than a 4th, Ruvell will be back.

I wouldn't mind seeing him gain weight and become a TE either, but that's asking a little much.

"Give us one, Ruvell!"
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Packers_Finland  
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:58:28 AM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Ruvell Martin can beat anybody Ted drafts, simply because WR's aren't that great in the draft this year.

You're kidding right? Michael Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Darrius Heyward-Bay and Derrick Williams? It's sure is a lot deeper in the first two rounds than it was in the draft we got Jennings in.

I like Ruvell too, and think we should keep him rather than draft a WR in the first day, but I just like to jump arguments even though they don't matter at all.
This is a placeholder
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:08:16 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Finny stole my thunder. Percy Harvin or Michael Crabtree would be better than Martin on their first day of OTAs. But blueleopard has a point, too: unless either of them pulls a Brady Quinn, neither will be available at No. 9, so I can't see Thompson taking a WR on Day 1.
UserPostedImage
Offline Packers_Finland  
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:59:33 AM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Finny stole my thunder. Percy Harvin or Michael Crabtree would be better than Martin on their first day of OTAs. But blueleopard has a point, too: unless either of them pulls a Brady Quinn, neither will be available at No. 9, so I can't see Thompson taking a WR on Day 1.

I'm pretty sure Harvin will make it past the first 15 picks. Crabtree will go early though. But let's not turn this into a draft debate.
This is a placeholder
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 8:12:57 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Nope, this was a Ruvell Martin discussion. I just don't see him being on the roster next season. Any third-stringer, anywhere, could give us 159 yards.
UserPostedImage
Offline TheEngineer  
#28 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 8:56:29 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Don't forget that Ruvell is Rodgers' guy. He may not be the most talented, but he's more than just another body on the roster. I think he'll make it to the roster if no additional WR is drafted.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#29 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:00:19 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I hear that argument a lot. I can't help but wonder why, if that's true, he isn't incorporated into the game plan more. Is it just because he was injured last season? How do you foresee him being used next season?
UserPostedImage
Offline TheEngineer  
#30 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:21:35 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

I hear that argument a lot. I can't help but wonder why, if that's true, he isn't incorporated into the game plan more. Is it just because he was injured last season? How do you foresee him being used next season?

Our Big 5 set caused more than a perfunctory glance from opposing defences. Many times we were able to force a timeout from the opposing team when they saw 5 receivers march on the field. Martin's a part of that, and although I wouldn't dispute that his contribution is minimal, the fact that we can put out 5 decent receivers means each needs to be covered.

I believe Martin's a big body, and he gives some options for Aaron when running out as the 3rd, 4th or 5th receiver. My opinion of the guy is that, barring Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy knowing a replacement will be sought, they should keep Ruvell Martin.
blank
Rss Feed