Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline packersfan101101  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:39:37 PM(UTC)
packersfan101101

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 109
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
again ryan grant had a terrible game.. if he didnt run for a 1 yard loss half the time the packers would have definitely won.. its time for something new. The packers need a running game. Bench or release grant, the packers cant win without a good running back because as we all saw today the titans didnt fall for play action.

yes grant did have a few good 10 yard runs, but not enough to win a game. He had just as many 1 yard loss runs as 10 yard gain runs (im exaggerating but still..)


Alright, listen...

I know you are probably posting this out of frustration, but I don't think the problem today was Grant. I think Grant did everything he could have done except for catching one of the passes he dropped. For every play that ended up in a small or negative gain, there was a play where he got a couple of extra yards. You can't blame run game problems on the running back. Did you see the way Haynesworth was plowing through whoever we put in front of him?

The Titans have a great Defense, and just because the Packers can be explosive sometimes, it doesn't mean we can overcome that all the time. The Packers did fine, but they just aren't well-oiled enough to be a contender. A year or two and The Packers should be better than ever.


you right i did post that out of frustration.. but still haynesworth really didnt have that great of a game...

and for who ever said grant had 4.3 yards per carry.. he had 5.1 yards per carry last year...
brandon jackson is amazing
Offline DanJustDan29  
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:39:55 PM(UTC)
DanJustDan29

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 268
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 7

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
but if he had a better game then we would have a better chance of winning



Same with:

Aaron Rodgers
Jermichael Finley
Aaron Kampman
Atari Bigby
Goes on and on....

If someone else had had a better game we would have had a better chance at winning. Ryan Grant isn't the only player who could have had a better game. We had some big pass plays, and some good defensive stops, but we did not really have an explosive game changing play that we are used to. That is partly because of the way the Tennessee Titans play ball. Solid Defense and a Run/Short pass based Offense.
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
Offline Pack93z  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:40:52 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,755
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Grant ran hard and again lowered his shoulder a couple of times to make them pay... one for sure two runs he was so close to breaking it wide open.. Griffin saved a big one on the one.

Grant is starting to hit his stride.. even the line played pretty well considering the opponent today.

Yes.. check it.. Pack93z gave the Oline a little credit.. ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DanJustDan29  
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:41:12 PM(UTC)
DanJustDan29

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 268
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 7

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
again ryan grant had a terrible game.. if he didnt run for a 1 yard loss half the time the packers would have definitely won.. its time for something new. The packers need a running game. Bench or release grant, the packers cant win without a good running back because as we all saw today the titans didnt fall for play action.

yes grant did have a few good 10 yard runs, but not enough to win a game. He had just as many 1 yard loss runs as 10 yard gain runs (im exaggerating but still..)


Alright, listen...

I know you are probably posting this out of frustration, but I don't think the problem today was Grant. I think Grant did everything he could have done except for catching one of the passes he dropped. For every play that ended up in a small or negative gain, there was a play where he got a couple of extra yards. You can't blame run game problems on the running back. Did you see the way Haynesworth was plowing through whoever we put in front of him?

The Titans have a great Defense, and just because the Packers can be explosive sometimes, it doesn't mean we can overcome that all the time. The Packers did fine, but they just aren't well-oiled enough to be a contender. A year or two and The Packers should be better than ever.


you right i did post that out of frustration.. but still haynesworth really didnt have that great of a game...

and for who ever said grant had 4.3 yards per carry.. he had 5.1 yards per carry last year...


Why do you say he didn't have that great of a game? Are you basing that on stats? A Defensive Tackle isn't good only because of the tackles he records, they are good because of the pressure they force on the running game/quarterback.
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
Offline packersfan101101  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:42:06 PM(UTC)
packersfan101101

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 109
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
but if he had a better game then we would have a better chance of winning



Same with:

Aaron Rodgers
Jermichael Finley
Aaron Kampman
Atari Bigby
Goes on and on....

I


i disagree they all played well enough to win
brandon jackson is amazing
Offline longtimefan  
#21 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:45:54 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Posts: 3,499
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
again ryan grant had a terrible game.. if he didnt run for a 1 yard loss half the time the packers would have definitely won.. its time for something new. The packers need a running game. Bench or release grant, the packers cant win without a good running back because as we all saw today the titans didnt fall for play action.

yes grant did have a few good 10 yard runs, but not enough to win a game. He had just as many 1 yard loss runs as 10 yard gain runs (im exaggerating but still..)


Alright, listen...

I know you are probably posting this out of frustration, but I don't think the problem today was Grant. I think Grant did everything he could have done except for catching one of the passes he dropped. For every play that ended up in a small or negative gain, there was a play where he got a couple of extra yards. You can't blame run game problems on the running back. Did you see the way Haynesworth was plowing through whoever we put in front of him?

The Titans have a great Defense, and just because the Packers can be explosive sometimes, it doesn't mean we can overcome that all the time. The Packers did fine, but they just aren't well-oiled enough to be a contender. A year or two and The Packers should be better than ever.


you right i did post that out of frustration.. but still haynesworth really didnt have that great of a game...

and for who ever said grant had 4.3 yards per carry.. he had 5.1 yards per carry last year...


I said if you can read my post again

the titans D was giving up only 3.7 yards per carry

Ryan had 4.3

not a lot better but better then what the titans normally give up
Offline packersfan101101  
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:48:09 PM(UTC)
packersfan101101

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 109
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
again ryan grant had a terrible game.. if he didnt run for a 1 yard loss half the time the packers would have definitely won.. its time for something new. The packers need a running game. Bench or release grant, the packers cant win without a good running back because as we all saw today the titans didnt fall for play action.

yes grant did have a few good 10 yard runs, but not enough to win a game. He had just as many 1 yard loss runs as 10 yard gain runs (im exaggerating but still..)


Alright, listen...

I know you are probably posting this out of frustration, but I don't think the problem today was Grant. I think Grant did everything he could have done except for catching one of the passes he dropped. For every play that ended up in a small or negative gain, there was a play where he got a couple of extra yards. You can't blame run game problems on the running back. Did you see the way Haynesworth was plowing through whoever we put in front of him?

The Titans have a great Defense, and just because the Packers can be explosive sometimes, it doesn't mean we can overcome that all the time. The Packers did fine, but they just aren't well-oiled enough to be a contender. A year or two and The Packers should be better than ever.


you right i did post that out of frustration.. but still haynesworth really didnt have that great of a game...

and for who ever said grant had 4.3 yards per carry.. he had 5.1 yards per carry last year...


I said if you can read my post again

the titans D was giving up only 3.7 yards per carry

Ryan had 4.3

not a lot better but better then what the titans normally give up


look at the titans schedule previous to this week. The teams they have played have been pretty bad.. even the colts have absolutely no running game
brandon jackson is amazing
Offline Greg C.  
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:55:57 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Rank: Pro Bowl

Posts: 3,591
Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)
Location: Marquette, Michigan

Applause Received: 48

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
but if he had a better game then we would have a better chance of winning



Same with:

Aaron Rodgers
Jermichael Finley
Aaron Kampman
Atari Bigby
Goes on and on....

I


i disagree they all played well enough to win


Okay, I'm going to give up on this thread and just assume that you hate Ryan Grant for whatever reason. He was one of our best players out there today. He did nothing wrong. If you've got your heart set on a scapegoat, you would do better with any of the guys listed above, and you could throw in Nick Barnett for good measure. He was getting blown up all day. But I don't need scapegoats. The Packers nearly beat the hottest team in the league on the road.
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#24 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:56:37 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Posts: 3,499
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
again ryan grant had a terrible game.. if he didnt run for a 1 yard loss half the time the packers would have definitely won.. its time for something new. The packers need a running game. Bench or release grant, the packers cant win without a good running back because as we all saw today the titans didnt fall for play action.

yes grant did have a few good 10 yard runs, but not enough to win a game. He had just as many 1 yard loss runs as 10 yard gain runs (im exaggerating but still..)


Alright, listen...

I know you are probably posting this out of frustration, but I don't think the problem today was Grant. I think Grant did everything he could have done except for catching one of the passes he dropped. For every play that ended up in a small or negative gain, there was a play where he got a couple of extra yards. You can't blame run game problems on the running back. Did you see the way Haynesworth was plowing through whoever we put in front of him?

The Titans have a great Defense, and just because the Packers can be explosive sometimes, it doesn't mean we can overcome that all the time. The Packers did fine, but they just aren't well-oiled enough to be a contender. A year or two and The Packers should be better than ever.


you right i did post that out of frustration.. but still haynesworth really didnt have that great of a game...

and for who ever said grant had 4.3 yards per carry.. he had 5.1 yards per carry last year...


I said if you can read my post again

the titans D was giving up only 3.7 yards per carry

Ryan had 4.3

not a lot better but better then what the titans normally give up


look at the titans schedule previous to this week. The teams they have played have been pretty bad.. even the colts have absolutely no running game


so in a sense your saying Ryan is better then the other rb they faced?

I think that is what your saying then

Thanks
Online mi_keys  
#25 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:03:24 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,503
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 204
Applause Received: 345

Thanks, I needed a laugh after a tough loss.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline Jakest3r  
#26 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:03:43 PM(UTC)
Jakest3r

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 121
Joined: 10/27/2006(UTC)

Applause Received: 4

What I saw out of Ryan Grant today was consistency. He ran hard out there; 20 carries for 80 some odd yards against this very stout Tennessee defense is pretty damn good. He turned alot of short yardage situations and took advantage of second chance opportunities and did an overall solid job. It was Grant that surprised me most today on offense, as I knew the Green Bay receivers would enjoy good games and I have alot of confidence in Aaron Rodgers.

Sure, there were times where Grant got hit in the backfield and sometimes didn't get back to the line but that was in part of the very good front of the Tennessee Titans.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:12:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,733
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,864
Applause Received: 2,032

Grant did his part.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#28 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:19:40 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Canada
Posts: 562
Joined: 9/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 126
Applause Received: 89

I think Grant played great, until we needed him to make a play near the end of the game. That is what I find painful. Tough loss, but I do think our many missed INT opportunities is what made the difference and not Grant. Oh yeah and the stupid Overtime rule. A game should not be largely decided by a coin flip.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline dingus  
#29 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:23:11 PM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 434
Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 18

Just saw the postgame interview with Aaron and he took the brunt of the blame for the loss. Stood there and said how his decision making was poor this afternoon.

There's lots to pick apart about today but RG's game shouldn't be considered the deciding factor in the loss.
blank
Offline bigfog  
#30 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 8:24:02 PM(UTC)
bigfog

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 431
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I think Grant played great, until we needed him to make a play near the end of the game. That is what I find painful. Tough loss, but I do think our many missed INT opportunities is what made the difference and not Grant. Oh yeah and the stupid Overtime rule. A game should not be largely decided by a coin flip.


NFL overtime just pisses me right off. This is one area where College ball has the right idea and to me, the NFL is just idiotic to not take their overtime and run with it.

A coin flip vs both teams getting the ball until one finally stops the other.

Goddamn NFL.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

11h / Random Babble / wpr

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Around The NFL / Laser Gunns

21-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

21-Aug / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

21-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

20-Aug / Random Babble / DakotaT

20-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

20-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.