Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages«<45678>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhazer  
#76 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:05:49 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 201

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
Sod sorry i just don't understand all the praise for Ted Thompson

No one needs to read anymore and you need not type anymore. Instead, you need to go back an watch the last two seasons of the Packers. If you can't see the progression and improvements from his moves... you don't need to follow the Packers anymore lol

stick to the thread its about the god rodgers :pottytrain2: but your right bustin has been the best 1st rounder ever hahaha

see i praise rodgers i have his siggy lol
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline dingus  
#77 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:12:18 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 27

Name 1 GM that has hit on every pick he's ever made.

Come to think of it, name 1 other GM in the league.
blank
Offline dfosterf  
#78 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:18:15 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

Quote:
Sod sorry i just don't understand all the praise for Ted Thompson

No one needs to read anymore and you need not type anymore. Instead, you need to go back an watch the last two seasons of the Packers. If you can't see the progression and improvements from his moves... you don't need to follow the Packers anymore lol

stick to the thread its about the god rodgers :pottytrain2: but your right bustin has been the best 1st rounder ever hahaha

see i praise rodgers i have his siggy lol

Ya, that loyalty to Aaron lasted about 30 minutes... Justin Harrell gets a lot of ribbing, especially from me. It is just that... ribbing. I'll bet you dollars to donuts when Bustin gets his ass on the field and stays healthy for more than a few weeks we will all be collectively impressed with that young man. He could easily become a mainstay in the D-line, and dhazer, I know you read what Bruce threw up stats-wise on Bustin for last year when he was in there (over in PC world). Guess what I REALLY think about Bustin Harrell? I think Ted Thompson made a hell of a good pick, and if I am right, I'll cut a deal with all the Ted Thompson bashers, if I'm right, you will at least recognize that Ted Thompson knows what he's doing, and if you are right, I'll STFU about how great Ted Thompson is. That's right, I'm putting my "put up or shut up" dead-square on the shoulders of Justin the bustin Harrell, or more accurately put, our next force to be reckoned with on the D-line. Aaron Rodgers has exceeded my very lofty expectations of him and just about everyone, especially in light of the crap he had to endure. That young man has got the future of the Green Bay Packers written all over him, and if that can't be seen by some, I have no friggin' clue what they are looking at.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline longtimefan  
#79 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:23:34 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

HOW MANY GMS GOT THEIR TEAM TO THE NFCG GAME IN SAME AMOUNT OF TIME TED HAS
Offline dfosterf  
#80 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:56:07 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

...And since I mentioned 20/20 hindsight, anyone that wants a really good laugh should take a moment to revisit the websites as pertains to the 2005 draft... you know, the one where Alex Smith was taken first and Aaron sat on his keester until the 24th pick. Now tell all of us about how dumb Ted Thompson is. I guess I can also give a nice shoutout to Brett Favre for vacillating enough that year to make the pick viable in BrettFavre is God world... just barely. Kindly make sure to put that pick in your calculations when you start bashing on Ted.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#81 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 1:57:00 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

I came straight to page 6 hoping to miss any negative crap but....
All I know is I'm happy for Aaron and the route this organization is going.
We're better signing him now then having to pay way more once he wins his first MVP in a year or 2.
Offline dhazer  
#82 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 1:58:44 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 201

...And since I mentioned 20/20 hindsight, anyone that wants a really good laugh should take a moment to revisit the websites as pertains to the 2005 draft... you know, the one where Alex Smith was taken first and Aaron sat on his keester until the 24th pick. Now tell all of us about how dumb Ted Thompson is. I guess I can also give a nice shoutout to Brett Favre for vacillating enough that year to make the pick viable in BrettFavre is God world... just barely. Kindly make sure to put that pick in your calculations when you start bashing on Ted.

I looked at that draft and thought we should have taken jason campbell but oh well. All praise Ted Thompson and Rodgers they are the best that have ever been in football. Hey that crystal ball you guys use really works Rodgers wins 5 superbowl mvps and Ted Thompson becomes president of the usa lol. btw i would have taken frank gore brandon jackson marion barber and even kyle orton instead of nick collins and terrance murphy. oh well we are planning for the future like we have been since Ted Thompson took over. Just hope i'm still alive when the future turns into the present.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline brnt247  
#83 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:02:38 PM(UTC)
brnt247

Notable players that have been added since Ted Thompson has been hired-

Aaron Rodgers
Nick Collins
Brady Poppinga
Donald Lee
Ryan Pickett
Charles Woodson
AJ Hawk
Greg Jennings
Jason Spitz
Daryn Colledge
Ryan Grant
Brandon Jackson
Mason Crosby
Aaron Rouse
Brandon Chillar
Tramon Williams
Will Blackmon

So basically all of our current play makers sans Barnett, Kampman, and Harris.
blank
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#84 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 4:53:46 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

Dh you have a point about waiting to give him the money but it can also backfire on you. Remember Jerry Jones was reluctant to give Romo a new contract and with each game of throwing another 3 td's Romo was just counting up the $$$$$
Offline earthquake  
#85 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 4:58:39 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 175
Applause Received: 56

I think this is a good move, waiting for him to play out his contract and go into FA.... If he continues to play at the level he is playing, you're talking CRAZY money just to keep him around. That would be a very bad move. Nothing is for sure in this league, aside from favre starting, and throwing ints. =) So arguing that he hasn't proved himself enough isnt entirely relevant, many players prove themselfs, sign huge contracts and drop off the face of the earth, or get hurt and are never the same player and need to be cut. You dont hold back from making a deal because of the worst case sceniero.
blank
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#86 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 5:39:39 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

I'm very glad they signed him. One of the biggest reasons that I was against the whole trading Brett thing was because I was scared that it would be a big waste if Rodgers left in FA. But that shores up that, so that is really good news.

Obviously its a risk but given the cap space situation, I don't think it is that much of a hit overall even if he does go down to injury or starts fading (which he has not shown any sign of).

I'm just glad my nightmare scenerio will not happen.
blank
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#87 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 9:09:39 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

I'm very glad they signed him. One of the biggest reasons that I was against the whole trading Brett thing was because I was scared that it would be a big waste if Rodgers left in FA. But that shores up that, so that is really good news.

Obviously its a risk but given the cap space situation, I don't think it is that much of a hit overall even if he does go down to injury or starts fading (which he has not shown any sign of).

I'm just glad my nightmare scenerio will not happen.

It's good to know that there are some "pro-Brett" fans out there who are not "anti-Rodgers." At times it has seemed like everyone was either on one side or the other.

That has probably been my #1 fear with all the Favre/Rodgers saga. If he bolted and we would basically have told a HOF to beat it for nothing. But now that this is addressed, I think its huge.

It's a risk but there is obviously a high reward as well.

Aaron really showed me something during that Indy game, I could see him maturing into what Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have seen in him. My whole issue with the Favre/Rodgers saga was the thing with if Rodgers bolted and the way Favre was treated. Other than that, if you go back to my posts, I guess they would be on the "other site". I always said its Ted Thompson and MM's decision, I hope I'm wrong and they are right.
blank
Offline porky88  
#88 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 9:50:25 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 188
Applause Received: 376

Makes sense that this would happen. I don't get the this will be the undoing of Ted Thompson.

Thompson is tied to Rodgers know matter what. Regardless of a new contract, Thompson was going to be tied to Rodgers. If Rodgers is the next great QB in Packer history, Thompson will go down as the next great Packer GM. It's common sense. I've been saying it for years now. They've seen enough of Rodgers to know whether or not he's worth it. I think based on his play so far,. he is, but to think that this deal is his undoing makes little sense.

If Rodgers struggles, Thompson's undoing would be the selection of Aaron Rodgers in the first place. Not the contract. This was Thompson resigning the guy his career and legacy is tied too. This makes sense from his point of view.

Personally, I think this was the right move to make for the team too.

Jennings should be next.
Offline 4PackGirl  
#89 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 11:05:44 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 159
Applause Received: 124

if he plays great, it's a great deal...if he plays like crap, it's a crap deal...holy sh*t - i'm a friggin EINSTEIN!!! ;) lol.

arguing about the unknown is...well...pointless.
UserPostedImage
Offline tromadz  
#90 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 11:41:24 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

At least we have stability.