You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:02:05 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

The Times

DO IT!

Quote:
From 2006, the year before Turley arrived on the Farm, as Stanford’s campus is known, through last season, the number of games missed because of injury on the two-deep roster dropped by 87 percent. In 2012, only two Cardinal players required season-ending or postseason surgical repair; this year, only one.

Quote:
Stanford lost quarterback Andrew Luck, running back Toby Gerhart and Coach Jim Harbaugh to the N.F.L., and yet the Cardinal will make their fourth consecutive Bowl Championship Series appearance Wednesday in the Rose Bowl against Michigan State. The year before Turley arrived, Stanford went 1-11.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 1/15/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline sschind  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:10:37 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 313

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The Times

DO IT!

Good find on the article nerd. I missed it my first time through here earlier tonight.

It makes you wonder why this guy does not have a job in the NFL, that is if he wants one. Are his methods not old school enough for the tradition entrenched NFL or what.

After last season McCarthy sought input from the college ranks to help stop the read option offense. Maybe someone should anonymously email him this article. Heck maybe everyone should email him this article.
I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 1/14/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:32:59 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Good find on the article nerd. I missed it my first time through here earlier tonight.

It makes you wonder why this guy does not have a job in the NFL, that is if he wants one. Are his methods not old school enough for the tradition entrenched NFL or what.

After last season McCarthy sought input from the college ranks to help stop the read option offense. Maybe someone should anonymously email him this article. Heck maybe everyone should email him this article.

LOL Seriously.

Although I did get it from Wilde's twitter, so I would assume Mike would have had to have heard about it...
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:29:15 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 855
Applause Received: 552

This is exactly what we need. Imagine having Matthews AND Perry for a full season….
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 1/15/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 1/15/2014(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:38:35 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 600

I feel like at this point the organization should be getting desperate to try anything to get healthier. Status quo hasn't worked for the last 5 years and neither has simply hoping your luck turns. Need to be proactive now.