Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rockmolder  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:13:06 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 254

A week ago everyone on this forum was ecstatic that we beat the Bears, won the NFCN and just slipped into the play-offs.

One monday later and everyone is let down by the SF loss.

Of course you always play hard, play to win and all of that, but in hindsight, on the long run... I'm not really sure who won out in week 17.

Again, you always play hard, you can't predict what happens in the play-offs and you don't throw games, but we did give up 7 picks to one of our biggest rivals.

The difference between the 14th and the 21st pick is drafting a guy like Kouandjio, Nix or Hage or not getting any of those guys and falling into a part of the draft where there's no d-lineman worthy of a pick and a lot of OTs you have to take a gamble on like Sherrod or guys with lower ceilings like Bulaga.

What's the point of my story? Nothing big, really. Just that the Bears, in hindsight, won in week 17.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:18:37 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,059

While part of me concurs with your questioning... the economic impact that bringing a playoff game to GB probably outweighs those 7 picks.

Not to mention.. if you get in, you might get hot and have a chance. We are a and have been a banged up team most of the season... couple that with a defense that still has issues surrounding it.. probably not realistic to think a run to the SB was coming.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 1/6/2014(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:19:29 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
A week ago everyone on this forum was ecstatic that we beat the Bears, won the NFCN and just slipped into the play-offs.

Of course you always play hard, play to win and all of that, but in hindsight, on the long run... I'm not really sure who won out in week 17.

Again, you always play hard, you can't predict what happens in the play-offs and you don't throw games, but we did give up 7 picks to one of our biggest rivals.

The difference between the 14th and the 21st pick is drafting a guy like Kouandjio, Nix or Hage or not getting any of those guys and falling into a part of the draft where there's no d-lineman worthy of a pick and a lot of OTs you have to take a gamble on like Sherrod or guys with lower ceilings like Bulaga.

What's the point of my story? Nothing big, really. Just that the Bears, in hindsight, won in week 17.

Go to hell Rock. Big Grin I had the balls to bring this sh*t BEFORE the Bear game and got my chestnuts roasted by a bunch of doucebag a$holes, figuratively speaking of course. Now you cowardice-like come in here after the playoff game and bring this up? I'm appalled and frankly you owe me an apology. Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing

UserPostedImage
play2win on 1/6/2014(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:24:51 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 938

People way overrate a few spots in the draft. No a few draft spots is not worth sitting at home for the playoffs. Good teams draft good players no matter where they are at in the draft. There are a sh*t ton of good players that will be available in the 7 rounds we are drafting we just have to find them.
sschind on 1/6/2014(UTC)
Offline Rockmolder  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:27:06 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Go to hell Rock. Big Grin I had the balls to bring this sh*t BEFORE the Bear game and got my chestnuts roasted by a bunch of doucebag a$holes, figuratively speaking of course. Now you cowardice-like come in here after the playoff game and bring this up? I'm appalled and frankly you owe me an apology. Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing

What? You still come here to discuss the Packers, as well? It Wasn't Me
UserPostedImage
DakotaT on 1/6/2014(UTC)
Offline musccy  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:33:22 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 220

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
People way overrate a few spots in the draft. No a few draft spots is not worth sitting at home for the playoffs. Good teams draft good players no matter where they are at in the draft. There are a sh*t ton of good players that will be available in the 7 rounds we are drafting we just have to find them.

Agreed. Two of Seattle's probowlers in the secondary were selected in the 5th round. Collins, Jordy, Cobb were all 2nd rounders, CM3 was #26, below where the Packers are selecting this draft. I could go on, but it's the same story we all know.

Online porky88  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:35:49 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 188
Applause Received: 375

I'll gladly give Chicago seven spots in the draft in exchange for the experience of watching Aaron Rodgers hit Randall Cobb on fourth-and-8. That's an all-time great Packer play.
thanks Post received 14 applause.
steveishere on 1/6/2014(UTC), Zero2Cool on 1/6/2014(UTC), play2win on 1/6/2014(UTC), Rockmolder on 1/6/2014(UTC), Pack93z on 1/6/2014(UTC), cheeseheads123 on 1/6/2014(UTC), Dulak on 1/6/2014(UTC), texaspackerbacker on 1/6/2014(UTC), macbob on 1/6/2014(UTC), wpr on 1/6/2014(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 1/6/2014(UTC), nerdmann on 1/6/2014(UTC), QCHuskerFan on 1/7/2014(UTC), GermanGilbert on 1/8/2014(UTC)
Offline RaiderPride  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:45:46 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 105
Applause Received: 195

I can understand your thinking... Losing in week 17 gives the Packers a better opportunity to pick the player highest on their draft board.

However.. There is as Pack93Z states the economic impact.. Great point.

Add to that..... Playoff week and atmosphere experience. For all of the kids this week the playoff atmosphere and experience they received is a big plus in 2014. If that experience helps them calm down, and focus better next year at the dance, it more than makes up for the drop on Draft Day.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Rockmolder on 1/6/2014(UTC)
Offline cheeseheads123  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:46:43 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 69
Applause Received: 113

My view on this still hasn't changed. We won week 17 and we won this week.

Even if I already knew the outcome of this 49ers game it wouldn't change anything. I still couldn't go back to last week and root for Kuhn to miss that blitz pick up or for cobb to drop that game winner. Wow, the excitement on that game winner. Damn. It sucks that the season had to end so soon.

The Packers lost by inches against the 49ers. If they were to win that game this forum would of been feeling better than ever.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Rockmolder on 1/6/2014(UTC), buckeyepackfan on 1/6/2014(UTC), sschind on 1/6/2014(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:54:58 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 154
Applause Received: 100

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post

I think like myself ... a few more weeks of packers football just seems to make the winter just that little bit more bearable ... Now what do I have to amuse myself with?
and like others ... Ill trade 20slots in the draft to the bears for the 'chance' of our team to hoist the trophy.

Offline luigis  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 2:00:20 PM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Given: 90
Applause Received: 93

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
I can understand your thinking... Losing in week 17 gives the Packers a better opportunity to pick the player highest on their draft board.

However.. There is as Pack93Z states the economic impact.. Great point.

Add to that..... Playoff week and atmosphere experience. For all of the kids this week the playoff atmosphere and experience they received is a big plus in 2014. If that experience helps them calm down, and focus better next year at the dance, it more than makes up for the drop on Draft Day.

Fully agree.
With al due respect the OP is an idiot.
Luis
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 2:03:10 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 432
Applause Received: 255

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post

I second the motion on the "go to hell" part. It's just as lame and half-assed now as it was when Dakota said it. He may have sh*t for brains, but you, Rock have sh*t for brains AND sh*t for balls.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
luigis on 1/6/2014(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 2:03:32 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,059

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
Fully agree.

How the hell can that be with all due respect? Disagree with the post.. but it is far from idiotic.

Statements like this are typical of most message boards.. we are not a typical message board. Want to smack talk.. see the back alley.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Zero2Cool on 1/6/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 1/6/2014(UTC), wpr on 1/6/2014(UTC)
Offline Rockmolder  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 2:08:25 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Fully agree.

Fair enough, my articulate friend.

I would like to, one more time, point out that I stated that this was in hindsight, after the 49ers loss and that I didn't want us to throw the game in week 17. Rodgers to Cobb was amazing and I would've loved to see us get hot in the play-offs like we did on our last SB run.

I do feel that there is quite a gap between pick 14 and 21, regardless of whether you can find some gems in the 2nd, 3rd or even the 7th round.

I have to admit that a big part of this is personal preference, as well. I'd rather watch the draft than 3 Packers games.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 2:09:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I'll gladly give Chicago seven spots in the draft in exchange for the experience of watching Aaron Rodgers hit Randall Cobb on fourth-and-8. That's an all-time great Packer play.

After reading his post the first time, I couldn't help think of my answer being "My girls won". Why? Because they got to attend a Packers Playoff game and it was their first ever Packers game. And yes, eliminating your rival ON THEIR FIELD in dramatic fashion? Schwing!

Fully agree.

We appreciate candor, but lets try to be respectful of the welcoming trend that everyone here has an opinion worth hearing, regardless if we ourselves feel it is "idiotic".
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 1/6/2014(UTC)