Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RaiderPride  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:12:22 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 101
Applause Received: 190

I hope I see The Hurry Up Offense tomorrow just to change the pace a few times during the game, and put the Seattle D back on their heels. The Packers need to take the 12th man out of the game early. That will be huge too in Seattle.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Sponsor
Offline Greg C.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:48:23 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

I am a football fan, which means I love the hurry up offense. I would also like to see them use it tomorrow. But I doubt they will. I don't recall McCarthy ever doing that. I think he will try to run, run, run. Ryan Grant put over 200 on this Seattle defense last January.
blank
Offline TheEngineer  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:27:16 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I am a football fan, which means I love the hurry up offense. I would also like to see them use it tomorrow. But I doubt they will. I don't recall McCarthy ever doing that. I think he will try to run, run, run. Ryan Grant put over 200 on this Seattle defense last January.

Do you mean only against Seattle? I'm pretty sure there was a hurry up offense against the Cowboys a few weeks back.
blank
Offline TengoJuego  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:01:06 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

Not necessarily Hurry up, but on the ball, quick to get set, out of the huddle.
Offline tromadz  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:46:11 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

I hope I see The Hurry Up Offense tomorrow just to change the pace a few times during the game

Agreed. We have the people who can pull it off. Aaron obviously can. The Oline is the only thing that worries me cuz they're big and get tired(plus they suck).
Offline RaiderPride  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:48:55 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 101
Applause Received: 190

The Pack has the Hurry Up "O". They practice it. They even went into it last week late when they were down if I am correct. I was a little juiced late in the game.

All I am typing is, I would love to see M.M. step into that mode... Even if it is on one series in one drive in the middle of the game. Kind of like a pitcher who throws heat needs a good change up.

I will refer to Greg on that. He is one of the most knowledgeable posters on any forum I have read.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Greg C.  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:36:53 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Do you mean only against Seattle? I'm pretty sure there was a hurry up offense against the Cowboys a few weeks back.

Did they? I don't remember it. I'm not just thinking of at the end of a half or the end of a game, when every team uses the hurry-up out of necessity. I mean using it earlier in the game as a change-of-pace, like RP is suggesting. I don't recall McCarthy ever doing that, but maybe he has at some point.

I also like TengoJuego's idea of getting in and out of the huddle quickly and using quick sets, just to pick up the pace. The Falcons did that against the Packers early in last week's game.

I'm rusty on my Spanish, and when I first saw the name TengoJuego, I thought it meant, "I have juice." But then he explained that it means "I have game," or "I've got game." That's MUCH better than "I have juice."
blank
Offline TheEngineer  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 10:55:12 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Did they? I don't remember it. I'm not just thinking of at the end of a half or the end of a game, when every team uses the hurry-up out of necessity. I mean using it earlier in the game as a change-of-pace, like RP is suggesting. I don't recall McCarthy ever doing that, but maybe he has at some point.

I also like TengoJuego's idea of getting in and out of the huddle quickly and using quick sets, just to pick up the pace. The Falcons did that against the Packers early in last week's game.

I'm rusty on my Spanish, and when I first saw the name TengoJuego, I thought it meant, "I have juice." But then he explained that it means "I have game," or "I've got game." That's MUCH better than "I have juice."

I have Apple juice here. Tengo Juego!

Yes it will be interesting to see how much spice McCarthy can muster, but also if we're having enough problems with basics, we're going to get into more problems with exotic plans.
blank
Offline dhazer  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 11:10:50 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 193

I just don't see Mike McCarthy doing this he didn't do it with a 16 year vet so i really can't see him doing it with a 1st year starter, Mike McCarthy in my opinion is a conservative play caller. Rodgers has to just do like the qb last year and do a quick audible and go.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 2:29:20 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

We had a few hurry up offensive plays today.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 2:32:12 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

That hurry up run near the goaline almost got there.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 8:28:05 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

That hurry up run near the goaline almost got there.

Yeah, I noticed it that one time near the goal line. I almost missed the play.
blank
Rss Feed