You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packnic  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 6:33:18 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Weird. KGB is being singled out because he was getting a high salary, even though the whole DL is doing poorly.

Yet, when I singled out Ryan Grant for poor performance after getting a big raise, someone said I was being like the New York Yankees and basing everything off money.

Go figure.

Ryan Grant sucks too.
blank
Offline Rockmolder  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 6:50:51 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Applause Given: 143
Applause Received: 215

He should just re-do his salary next year so they could keep him for a smaller amount.

I know this isn't likely, but why wouldn't he? I mean, he knows himself he's not playing as good as he should, and there won't be another team that gives him alot of money this way.

Now, like someone said before, I think it's just the entire D-line. None of them are playing like they should. Kampman together with KGB should just drive QBs crazy and with some strong DT play. They should be unstoppable.

Let's just hope they'll get back to their old form again soon...
UserPostedImage
Offline tromadz  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 11:47:53 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

Weird. KGB is being singled out because he was getting a high salary, even though the whole DL is doing poorly.

Yet, when I singled out Ryan Grant for poor performance after getting a big raise, someone said I was being like the New York Yankees and basing everything off money.

Go figure.

KGB sucks.

Ryan Grant is a HELL of a lot more consistent than KGB. Grant at least had 83 yds on 18 carries this week, with him semi-hurt and the offensive line playing at high school levels. Don't get me wrong, Grant needs to step up, but comparing him to KGB isn't right.

KGB does nothing good anymore. He used to be a pass rusher, but now cuz he's so old and hurt, they single him and he still gets nothing. I get pissed when I see him on the field.

He plays at the same level as Mike Montgomery and that's a joke.

edit(while my wrath is high) - And my favorite part about KGB is his run defense. We ALL know he sucks at that, but its HOW he sucks. KGB takes those WIDE angles to rush, and it leaves a HUGE hole on the left. RBs run inside left all day on those. I dislike KGB.
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 12:00:52 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 932

Go figure.

KGB sucks.

Ryan Grant is a HELL of a lot more consistent than KGB. Grant at least had 83 yds on 18 carries this week, with him semi-hurt and the offensive line playing at high school levels. Don't get me wrong, Grant needs to step up, but comparing him to KGB isn't right.

KGB does nothing good anymore. He used to be a pass rusher with a bad knee, but now cuz he's so old and hurt, they single him and he still gets nothing. I get pissed when I see him on the field.

edit(while my wrath is high) - And my favorite part about KGB is his run defense. We ALL know he sucks at that, but its HOW he sucks. KGB takes those WIDE angles to rush, and it leaves a HUGE hole on the left. RBs run inside left all day on those. I dislike KGB.

LOL.. Grant is given a high five while playing hurt and KGB is massacred for it.. he isn't healthy yet. Plain and simple.. he is a pass rusher.. we know he isn't a run stuffer, never has been one.

He is being forced to play more snaps at end because of injury.. is it his fault that his knee isn't right yet? NO.

Is it his fault that he was left on the active roster with a very high cap number. Nope.

You speak of him not being consistent.. look at his sack numbers yearly in his career.. pretty consistent if you ask me.

Your wrath sometimes amuses me.. one guy praised for consistency over basically 14 games.. in which he had one good game followed but a piss poor one.. but I guess that is consistent.

KGB has been a heck of a player, is he worth the salary he is currently getting.. nope.. but it is what it is, and if Ted and Co. felt he was grossly overpaid they had options to remedy that this offseason. They didn't.. and as we hear, complete trust in Ted, which in my eyes currently he has earned.. then he must know something we are missing either that or he felt that his pass rush was so lacking minus a healthy KGB that he rolled the dice.

KGB is a pass rusher.. nothing more.. and guess what pass rushers in this league get paid ridiculously.. see Javon Kearse as a prime example.. the plan B when the Eagles couldn't land KGB when we bid up to keep him from them. Like I said we had options going into the year and we knew he wasn't healthy.. but we kept him. It is what it is.

But hey.. this is the closest you have gotten to criticizing Ted yet... there is hope yet that open honest evaluation of Ted is possible. :lol:
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline tromadz  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:34:47 PM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

Go figure.

KGB sucks.

KGB does nothing good anymore. He used to be a pass rusher with a bad knee, but now cuz he's so old and hurt, they single him and he still gets nothing. I get pissed when I see him on the field.

LOL.. Grant is given a high five while playing hurt and KGB is massacred for it.. he isn't healthy yet. Plain and simple.. he is a pass rusher.. we know he isn't a run stuffer, never has been one.

He is being forced to play more snaps at end because of injury.. is it his fault that his knee isn't right yet? NO.

Is it his fault that he was left on the active roster with a very high cap number. Nope.

You speak of him not being consistent.. look at his sack numbers yearly in his career.. pretty consistent if you ask me.

Your wrath sometimes amuses me.. one guy praised for consistency over basically 14 games.. in which he had one good game followed but a piss poor one.. but I guess that is consistent.

KGB has been a heck of a player, is he worth the salary he is currently getting.. nope.. but it is what it is, and if Ted and Co. felt he was grossly overpaid they had options to remedy that this offseason. They didn't.. and as we hear, complete trust in Ted, which in my eyes currently he has earned.. then he must know something we are missing either that or he felt that his pass rush was so lacking minus a healthy KGB that he rolled the dice.

KGB is a pass rusher.. nothing more.. and guess what pass rushers in this league get paid ridiculously.. see Javon Kearse as a prime example.. the plan B when the Eagles couldn't land KGB when we bid up to keep him from them. Like I said we had options going into the year and we knew he wasn't healthy.. but we kept him. It is what it is.

But hey.. this is the closest you have gotten to criticizing Ted yet... there is hope yet that open honest evaluation of Ted is possible. :lol:

I agree. It's Thompsons' fault for keeping this trash on the team. He's usually good about getting those guys off the team, but this is definitely an exception.

I think Sunday whenever KGB overshoots a pass rush, gets pancaked, or does the patented KGB offsides move, I'll put the blame on Thompson.

NO! I've got a better idea! Being an alcoholic, I propose a KGB drinking game. Every time he does one of his moves(missed tackle, overshooting sack, creating huge gap for run, offsides), we take a shot!

(by the end of the season I'll propose a 'every time its 3rd and more than 10, we take a shot)

(that'd fuck us up)
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:47:58 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

NO! I've got a better idea! Being an alcoholic, I propose a KGB drinking game. Every time he does one of his moves(missed tackle, overshooting sack, creating huge gap for run, offsides), we take a shot!

(by the end of the season I'll propose a 'every time its 3rd and more than 10, we take a shot)

(that'd fuck us up)

Have fun.

I'll decline though. I happen to like my liver.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:54:06 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

(that'd fuck us up)

Have fun.

I like mine too.........smothered in onions.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:56:44 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

(that'd fuck us up)

Have fun.

Add Farva beans and a nice Chianti.

:pukeright:

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 2:58:25 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

(that'd fuck us up)

Have fun.

Add Farva beans and a nice Chianti.

:pukeright:

Yes.....but i prefer BRETT Farva beans!!! :icon_smile:
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#25 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 4:28:48 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

My God. I thought this was a GB Packers website, not the Donner Family diner.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Pack93z  
#26 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 5:51:05 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

My God. I thought this was a GB Packers website, not the Donner Family diner.

Alright Clarice...

Just a little Silence of the Lambs reference. :physassult:

Mark it down.. KGB has at the very least more than 1 sack this weekend.. I will bet my signature on it..

UserPostedImage
Offline IronMan  
#27 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 5:56:12 PM(UTC)
IronMan

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

[I will bet my signature on it..

Betting your signature on KGB getting a sack? Or ANYONE getting a sack for that matter? Better hope Vikesrule doesn't see this. LOL
Offline Pack93z  
#28 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 5:58:16 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Betting your signature on KGB getting a sack? Or ANYONE getting a sack for that matter? Better hope Vikesrule doesn't see this. LOL

Oh I have confidence in this defense.. I think they are going to come out and prove a point.

Oh and it doesn't hurt the the SeaChicken's oline is, to be honest not all that good.

Oh an I need to mention.. I haven't lost a bet of this nature to VR yet.. so it is an omen. :lol:

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#29 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 5:59:52 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

I'm tempted to pm Vikes.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#30 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 6:06:08 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

I'm tempted to pm Vikes.

Oh an I need to mention.. I haven't lost a bet of this nature to VR yet.. so it is an omen. :lol:

Please do, that will clinch it... KGB will eclipse that mark.

UserPostedImage