Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:44:16 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,015
Applause Received: 1,457

JSOnline wrote:
The Green Bay Packers have one week to activate safety Sean Richardson and defensive end Jerel Worthy or place them on IR.

UserPostedImage

Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:50:48 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Bring them both in if healthy enough! Why not? We could use a bit more pass rush, and better coverage. I am really excited to see what both players can do.

I would not hesitate to release either of McMillian or Jennings. They've been playing quite poorly all season, and then some, meaning, all of last season… I think I'm done with both players. There was potential, but never really realized in a full sense. Just flashes, and those far too infrequent. I'm really hoping Richardson can prove to be a significant upgrade at S opposite Burnett.
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:22:53 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,621
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Bring them both in if healthy enough! Why not? We could use a bit more pass rush, and better coverage. I am really excited to see what both players can do.

I would not hesitate to release either of McMillian or Jennings. They've been playing quite poorly all season, and then some, meaning, all of last season… I think I'm done with both players. There was potential, but never really realized in a full sense. Just flashes, and those far too infrequent. I'm really hoping Richardson can prove to be a significant upgrade at S opposite Burnett.

Agreed, let's see what he's got.

Not so sure about Worthy. We've got depth there. If he's ready he might be better than CJ Wilson. Hard to say though.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online DarkaneRules  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:32:09 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

I agree that it is Wilson vs Worthy. Neal could be transitioned to OLB and that made him more valuable. Right now we are decimated on the outside. We appear to be okay on the inside... for now.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Online mi_keys  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:18:58 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 217
Applause Received: 351

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
I agree that it is Wilson vs Worthy. Neal could be transitioned to OLB and that made him more valuable. Right now we are decimated on the outside. We appear to be okay on the inside... for now.

*Knocks furiously on wood*
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 11/14/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:40:01 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 328
Applause Received: 443

My thinking is Richardson will be activated if The Packers determine Hayward just isn't going to get healthy enough to contribute the next few weeks.

Could see Hayward go on IR. if not him then Richardson may have to wait another year.

Really don't know where Worthy fits in right now, is he better than what The Packers have now?

I guess we will know the answer to that question when they are forced to make the move.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline gbguy20  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:50:32 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Can't we activate without Worthy without losing a defensive lineman? There has got to be someone else we can deactivate on gamedays or cut to make room for him. If we could add another lineman to the rotation maybe our defense could get off the damn field at the end of games.

I don't have anyone in mind, but maybe someone else does.

edit: Or, just add CJ to the rotation. I never see him out there, idc who it is, I'd just like another big body in the rotation.
call me Dan
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:02:51 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Cut WR Chris Harper for the healthier guy. Imo they should keep Worthy on IR, bring in Richardson to help a struggling secondary. We got 7 deep on the defensive line so we can afford putting Worthy on IR.

Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:54:30 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,621
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Cut WR Chris Harper for the healthier guy. Imo they should keep Worthy on IR, bring in Richardson to help a struggling secondary. We got 7 deep on the defensive line so we can afford putting Worthy on IR.

Worthy got hurt late last season.

Wouldn't hurt to let him have several extra months to heal up before he gets back to it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:56:33 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Can't we activate without Worthy without losing a defensive lineman? There has got to be someone else we can deactivate on gamedays or cut to make room for him. If we could add another lineman to the rotation maybe our defense could get off the damn field at the end of games.

I don't have anyone in mind, but maybe someone else does.

edit: Or, just add CJ to the rotation. I never see him out there, idc who it is, I'd just like another big body in the rotation.

We already have 2 lineman that aren't really getting on the field in Wilson and Boyd. They aren't getting pushed around at the end of games because they are tired it's because they are just rolling over.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:29:45 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

http://www.espnwisconsin...p;r=40&post_id=32201

Saw no reason to start another thread.

Heyward out "multiple weeks", look for him to be put on IR and Sean Richardson activated.

Just my thinking, but unless Richardson has shown absolutely nothing in practice, he will probably be given a chance.

Bad break for Casey, he is young, there will be other years.
nerdmann on 11/14/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:53:12 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

I would keep Hayward on the roster. We have another 7 weeks. Maybe he can return in 5 or 6, and we may need him!

MDJenni Gs or Jerron McMillian could be released to make room for Richardson. Both have underperformed to that level, unfortunately.
nerdmann on 11/14/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:19:48 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

All 3 are young guys, just because Jennings and McMillian haven't had the best of years, doesn't mean they won't turn into quality players.

This is the 3rd time Casey has re-aggravated the same injury, at some point the best thing for him and the club is to shut him down and look towards next year.

My opinion is shut him down, he is doing The Packers no good standing on the sidelines for the next several weeks.

We'll see if Ted and Mike think it's time or if they think he can come back.
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 7:36:26 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
All 3 are young guys, just because Jennings and McMillian haven't had the best of years, doesn't mean they won't turn into quality players.

This is the 3rd time Casey has re-aggravated the same injury, at some point the best thing for him and the club is to shut him down and look towards next year.

My opinion is shut him down, he is doing The Packers no good standing on the sidelines for the next several weeks.

We'll see if Ted and Mike think it's time or if they think he can come back.

Yeah, seems best to see what the severity of his hammy injury is before IR-ing him outright. Once that's done there is no turning back. My thinking was if they could postpone the decision on Hayward for another few weeks, get a better feel for a real prognosis, then we might benefit should he be able to come back before the playoffs, or for the playoffs, and God forbid, should we lose a DB to injury. Doesn't hurt to take some time with this decision if we can.

As for MD Jennings and Jerron McMillian, I'm just really disappointed in their lack of progress. There is no consistency to see in terms of growth as a player. If Richardson were a "go" and they like what they've seen from him and think he could perform better, I would not hesitate to release one of those Jennings/McMillian to make room for him.

Definitely a tough call, but one they may have to make. UDFA Chris Banjo is playing better than both of them to this point. I'm sure Richardson could do as well, if not better, with his size and speed. Plus, the Richardson kid is hungry!

Saving Hayward on the roster could prove beneficial if we were to lose another DB in these next 7 weeks, depending on a realistic timetable for his return. I do agree, if he won't be able to suit up for another 3 months, shut him down.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:21:14 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, seems best to see what the severity of his hammy injury is before IR-ing him outright. Once that's done there is no turning back. My thinking was if they could postpone the decision on Hayward for another few weeks, get a better feel for a real prognosis, then we might benefit should he be able to come back before the playoffs, or for the playoffs, and God forbid, should we lose a DB to injury. Doesn't hurt to take some time with this decision if we can.

As for MD Jennings and Jerron McMillian, I'm just really disappointed in their lack of progress. There is no consistency to see in terms of growth as a player. If Richardson were a "go" and they like what they've seen from him and think he could perform better, I would not hesitate to release one of those Jennings/McMillian to make room for him.

Definitely a tough call, but one they may have to make. UDFA Chris Banjo is playing better than both of them to this point. I'm sure Richardson could do as well, if not better, with his size and speed. Plus, the Richardson kid is hungry!

Saving Hayward on the roster could prove beneficial if we were to lose another DB in these next 7 weeks, depending on a realistic timetable for his return. I do agree, if he won't be able to suit up for another 3 months, shut him down.

Damn, are we actually discussing Packer football, not really agreeing, but not sniping at each other and focusing soley the negatives of the subject?

Appreciate the point of view, not quite sure when they have to make the deicision on Richardson, I think they have at least 1 more week.

What really sucks is that the decision that will be made will most likely be decided on who can or cannot play in a week.

Packers luck with injuries should turn around soon, law of averages say so!!!! :)
Rss Feed