Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:03:40 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 77

LombardiAve wrote:
The Green Bay Packers defense has struggled the last few weeks — that's putting it lightly — even though they have the talent to be a lot better. The Packers' defense started out strong during the first half of the season, but tackling issues have been one of the biggest issues for the team the
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:30:03 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,738
Applause Received: 1,311

I can live with handing Capers his release. I don't see it coming until after the season. His time was up a cou[le of years ago.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:34:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,988

Joe Whitt, Jr promoted to DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Online Mucky Tundra  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:37:05 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 295
Applause Received: 364

I can live with Capers being handed his walking papers. It seems like over the past 2-3 years when this team REALLY needed a defensive stop/big play/something created from nothing from the booth it hasn't happened.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:54:34 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

To me, this seems a bit premature. We are currently 21st in run D, 12th in pass D, and 12th in scoring D. That is through a lot of adversity due to injury.

If Mike McCarthy can simply close the deal on some of these teams by pounding the football, we might be able to steal a few wins with Rodgers on the mend. McCarthy has to stop treating 2nd and 3rd string QBs like he does his NFL MVP. Run the damn football and score some points. You have THREE 100 yd/game rushers on your roster!

Last week Wallace threw the game away, this week Tolzien threw it away. FAR more passing than there should have been, opening us up to disaster, and two losses.

McCarthy is demoralizing his own team with all of these impossible pass plays. I mean, c'mon. Your 2nd and 3rd stringers are not going to complete 70% of those like he is mistakenly imagining.

Out goes the defense again, heads down….

Trust me, I am not liking what I am seeing on D, but I am not liking what I am seeing on O more.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 7:36:09 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Is another coach going to keep our DBs from losing the WR or a ball bouncing up into the WR hands? Sorry but the defense played pretty well. Three TDs on long plays, one being a fluke. Three plays accounting for 130 of 228 passing yards. We still need a FS to replace Collins.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 7:41:34 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post

We still need a FS to replace Collins.

That's the biggie right there PackFanWithTwins! A need that we had going into this season, as well as last season. Maybe, maybe, Sean Richardson gets a look now that he is cleared to play. I'm not going to hold my breath, but, it is possible the kid could do something positive back there.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted Ted to bring in a veteran S in FA or via trade.

I agree with you too, that we just witnessed two consecutive weeks of fluke plays that killed us. Both McCown and Foles were throwing up prayers that became receptions and scores.
Offline cheeseheads123  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:03:45 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 59
Applause Received: 91

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
To me, this seems a bit premature. We are currently 21st in run D, 12th in pass D, and 12th in scoring D. That is through a lot of adversity due to injury.

If Mike McCarthy can simply close the deal on some of these teams by pounding the football, we might be able to steal a few wins with Rodgers on the mend. McCarthy has to stop treating 2nd and 3rd string QBs like he does his NFL MVP. Run the damn football and score some points. You have THREE 100 yd/game rushers on your roster!

Last week Wallace threw the game away, this week Tolzien threw it away. FAR more passing than there should have been, opening us up to disaster, and two losses.

McCarthy is demoralizing his own team with all of these impossible pass plays. I mean, c'mon. Your 2nd and 3rd stringers are not going to complete 70% of those like he is mistakenly imagining.

Out goes the defense again, heads down….

Trust me, I am not liking what I am seeing on D, but I am not liking what I am seeing on O more.

Running the ball was not working this week especially when the Packers fell behind.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:06:43 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
Running the ball was not working this week especially when the Packers fell behind.

I think not being able to run, had more to do with having Lang a C, Taylor at G and Newhouse at T.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:12:37 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, but 3rd and 3 from the 5? Give the RB the ROCK!

3rd and 1 from the 24? Give the RB the ROCK!

3rd and 2 from the 17? Give the RB the ROCK!

1st and goal from the 9? You don't pass 3 times!!!

McCarthy laid a lot of pressure on his 3rd string QB calling THOSE plays. Jonathan Franklin rushed for over 100 yds against CIN, and has not really seen the field since on O. I do not get that.

Lacy has the most success running the ball to the left side of our OL. That was still in tact if I'm not mistaken. Why not keep running? Eventually they bust for a big gain.

44 pass attempts? Really?
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:19:53 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

McCarthy laid a lot of pressure on his 3rd string QB calling THOSE plays. Jonathan Franklin rushed for over 100 yds against CIN, and has not really seen the field since on O. I do not get that.

Lacy has the most success running the ball to the left side of our OL. That was still in tact if I'm not mistaken. Why not keep running? Eventually they bust for a big gain.

Even running to the left is extremely difficult when the C->right are on backups. We ran good last week, until we lost Lang. we ran this week until the Line got shifted around again.

Continuity and Oline blocking is far more important than which back has the rock.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:24:37 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

First of all, what does this have to do with the topic - fire Capers or not?

Have you never heard of taking what the defense gives you? With wallace and even with Tolzien to some extent, the Eagles D was stacked to stop the run. After Lacy's early success, they adjusted even more that way.

1st and Goal at the Nine? If it was Aaron Rodgers, hell yeah I want to see three passes.

Jonathan Franklin basically found a hole for one big gain. Other than that, he has showed practically no vision and a tendency to fumble. Lacy and Starks are not just a little bit better, they are a LOT better.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/11/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:27:01 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,738
Applause Received: 1,311

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Is another coach going to keep our DBs from losing the WR or a ball bouncing up into the WR hands? Sorry but the defense played pretty well. Three TDs on long plays, one being a fluke. Three plays accounting for 130 of 228 passing yards. We still need a FS to replace Collins.

You can try and rationalize it all you want but giving up 200 yards rushing with a 5.5 avg per carry is NOT "the defense played pretty well." That is a crappy job. The only reason the passing yards were not more is because they didn't need to throw the ball.

Saying it was just 3 plays reminds me of Bart Starr when he was coach. He went to the stockholders meeting and said something to the effect that if 6 plays had gone their way they wouldn't have been a 6-10 team they would have been 12-4. (I don't remember their record but I know he picked 6 plays from 6 different games.) Anyone can do that but it fails to take into account what happens after those plays. It fails to take into consideration that the OTHER team can say the very same thing.

So Philly wouldn't have scored in 3 giant plays but it doesn't mean they still wouldn't have scored at all.

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
TheKanataThrilla on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:29:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,988

Defense was horrible and that's an understatement. Defense had TWO blatant facemask penalties ignored by the officials in addition to failing to keep contain on the back end. They couldn't stop a 9 minute plus drive to give the offense another chance.

Fluke plays aren't fluke if they happen from week to week.

When you can't get off the field on 3rd down, you're going to lose more games than win. Especially when you can't get turnovers.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 4 applause.
play2win on 11/11/2013(UTC), IronMan on 11/11/2013(UTC), Wade on 11/11/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:32:59 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post

1st and Goal at the Nine? If it was Aaron Rodgers, hell yeah I want to see three passes.

That's the problem. It wasn't Aaron Rodgers back there, but that's the way McCarthy called the game, as if he were still back there.

The whole point texaspackerbacker is coming away from these drives with ZERO points or a token FG is demoralizing to your own D, and the whole team for that matter.

We needed 3 yards, 1 yard, and 2 yards to keep those drives alive, and we passed every time with our 3rd string QB. That seems foolish to me. 1st and goal from the 9? and we don't even run? Wow. Even moreso. All deep in scoring territory. 3 out of 4 in the red zone. Foolish.

D stunk.

O stunk.
Rss Feed