You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:12:53 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 1,231
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 70

LombardiAve wrote:
Yes I know, Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson doesn't trade or sign big names. The last time we got players worth noting it was Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett. But every once in awhile the football gods decide to give us something, so here are a few names that not only would make us happy,


1. Jairus Byrd
2. Kenny Britt
3. Paul Posluszny

Edited by moderator Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:05:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline cheeseheads123  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:24:09 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,026
Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 58
Applause Received: 79

I would love Paul Posluszny here in Green Bay
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:45:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

I'd like Jarius, but only if we sign him long term.
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:09:55 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,518
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
I would love Paul Posluszny here in Green Bay


would you like the Packers paying him 7.2 million a year for the next four years?

Just wondering...


DL Tyson Alualu is another one I'd be looking at... he's in his contract year (well there is one more year but it's "Voidable Year") and he probably perfer to play for a better team.

The biggest thing with him is his knee injury, though he hasn't missed a single game in his career (yet) there has been talk of a knee injury.

But in his first 3 years he had 9.5 sacks and that's while on the Jags which I'm thinking having had a ton of help around him. With better talent around him he might get more one on ones.

Also Raji, Pickett, Jolly, Wilson and Neal are all F.A.s this offseason anyways.

And if Neal is playing full time OLB then maybe someone could be added to take his nickel snaps and they just traded their LT away for a lower round pick because they knew they weren't going to tag him and might lose him in FA.
America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline cheeseheads123  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:45:59 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,026
Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 58
Applause Received: 79

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
would you like the Packers paying him 7.2 million a year for the next four years?

Just wondering...


That changes things. I read in the article somewhere about him not breaking the bank.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:06:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,743
Applause Received: 1,792

Jairus Byrd is the only one I'd even consider.

Seriously, a WR? That's basically Ted Thompon's best scouting. That and CB's.


UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline beast  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:23:33 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,518
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211



Another one that has been throw around some since the Falcons are struggling is the name of TE Tony Gonzalez 3.5 million deal but he's probably retiring this year.

Adam Schefter seemed to throw out the idea that if someone offered a 5th round pick (that would become a 4th round pick if that team made the Super Bowl) then the Falcons might grab it.

I think you should try to start with a 6th though, the maybe goes to 5th if you make the NFC or AFC Champs game and 4th if you make the Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
That changes things. I read in the article somewhere about him not breaking the bank.


I don't know what his contract says but some sites seemed to say he was earning a lot but they don't always seem right.

spotrac

Base Salary

2013 6,450,000
2014 7,450,000
2015 7,450,000
2016 7,450,000
[/quote wrote:
America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Online sschind  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 756
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 313

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Another one that has been throw around some since the Falcons are struggling is the name of TE Tony Gonzalez 3.5 million deal but he's probably retiring this year.

Adam Schefter seemed to throw out the idea that if someone offered a 5th round pick (that would become a 4th round pick if that team made the Super Bowl) then the Falcons might grab it.

I think you should try to start with a 6th though, the maybe goes to 5th if you make the NFC or AFC Champs game and 4th if you make the Super Bowl.



I don't know what his contract says but some sites seemed to say he was earning a lot but they don't always seem right.



Did I miss something? Is Finley lost for a good portion of the season? Because that is the only reason that it might be considered a good idea for the Packers to trade for Gonzo.

I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline yooperfan  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:37:21 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,714
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 479
Applause Received: 225

Green Bay football is reality football not fantasy football.
The reality is Ted Thompson is General Manager of the Packers.
Why waste your time fantasizing about these trades.
Not going to happen folks!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Dulak on 10/9/2013(UTC), wpr on 10/10/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:58:08 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,509
Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 132
Applause Received: 197

McCarthy said he is prepping Nate Palmer for the backup gig so looks like we are promoting from within at that spot. After that I assume Mulumba would get the nod. Other than that we added a CB to the Practice Squad to account for the move of CB Nixon to the active roster.
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:13:08 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,532
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
McCarthy said he is prepping Nate Palmer for the backup gig so looks like we are promoting from within at that spot. After that I assume Mulumba would get the nod. Other than that we added a CB to the Practice Squad to account for the move of CB Nixon to the active roster.


Nixon might be a kick returner.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:19:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,743
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Green Bay football is reality football not fantasy football.
The reality is Ted Thompson is General Manager of the Packers.
Why waste your time fantasizing about these trades.
Not going to happen folks!


Why? I counter with why not? What financial investment are you risking by projecting your opinion of a potential trade?

Again, I ask, why not? You haven't a thing to lose and scheming up ideas is fun. These projections are interesting to read.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 10/9/2013(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:24:39 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,714
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 479
Applause Received: 225

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Why? I counter with why not? What financial investment are you risking by projecting your opinion of a potential trade?

Again, I ask, why not? You haven't a thing to lose and scheming up ideas is fun. These projections are interesting to read.


Call me old fashioned but I prefer to live in a world of reality.
Fantasy football does not grab me.

The projections would be interesting if there was a modicum of a chance that any of them could become reality.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:40:19 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,743
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Call me old fashioned but I prefer to live in a world of reality.
Fantasy football does not grab me.

The projections would be interesting if there was a modicum of a chance that any of them could become reality.


Kinda like Ted Thompson will NEVER trade picks?
Ryan Grant.

Kinda like Ted Thompson will NEVER make a trade into the first round?
Clay Matthews was drafted in the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft, with the 26th overall pick (Acquired from a trade with the New England Patriots), by the Green Bay Packers.



Just because you think you know Santa Claus is not real, doesn't give you the right to piss in others Cheerios. Laughing



But seriously, talking about stuff shouldn't get anyone locked up or cause much issue as long as we respect others opinions. Your opinion is trade talk is hogwash. I respect that, just strongly disagree (kinda goes with the territory since I kinda own the site for ... umm ... discussing the Packers lol)

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 10/9/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:23:12 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,253
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 850
Applause Received: 550

Byrd looks like the one we could really use. I would love to see Thompson make a trade for one of the best Safeties in the NFL to pair with Burnett. Regardless of the cost.

Not having a compliment opposite Burnett at Safety has cost us dearly, for two years now.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.248 seconds.