Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 8:52:14 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

JSOnline wrote:
Through three games, there’s been less B.J. Raji. He hasn’t been featured as a pass rusher, giving way to Mike Daniels, Datone Jones and Mike Neal. The Packers, for now, have significantly reduced Raji’s snaps.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Sponsor
Online yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 5:58:52 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 543
Applause Received: 251

B.J. believes he is "one of the best in the league".
Who am I to argue but I disagree. He looks incredibly average for the 9th pick in the draft.
I am happy that he is taking a team first approach, at least publicly, however.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 10/5/2013(UTC), gbguy20 on 10/6/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 8:23:06 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

BJ Raji is incredibly talented for a big man. Unfortunately for the Packers, BJ Raji is incredibly lazy. I would be very surprised to see him in Green Bay next year, when Daniels and Jolly are giving the kind of effort they have been. Sign Shields, Jolly, and Greasy Pickett instead for the same money.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 10/5/2013(UTC), wpr on 10/5/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 12:54:42 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,383
Applause Received: 600

The way I look at it, they've over-utilized him in the past.

If they're decreasing his snap count, then maybe that means we have enough of a rotation to go around, and his snaps are going back to normal.

Raji is a better player when we're not wearing him down. And btw, he's more of a penetrator than a run stuffer like Pickett.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nyrpack  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 3:55:48 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 42

a big guy like him needs to stay fresh, and we have depth, so nothing wrong with a few snaps in then rest a little !!
jimmy b.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/5/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 4:57:38 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 405
Applause Received: 233

Someone once asked, "what did you expect of him? another Warren Sapp?" Well, yes, I expected every bit of that and more when he was drafted.

He's a long term disappointment - a mediocre player commanding a star-quality salary. I REALLY hope they don't pay him that. If someone else does, at least we get a decent compensatory pick for him.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline steveishere  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 9:03:59 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 877

Raji makes me mad because he has shown flashes of greatness but he just gets pushed around so much that overall he hasnt really been much more than an average player. There hasnt been a noticeable drop off between when hes in the game and when any replacement is in there imo. I hope they dont spend much if they re sign him. He might be one of those guys you are better off letting hit the market for a bit and see what other teams think of him
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 11:42:04 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Someone once asked, "what did you expect of him? another Warren Sapp?" Well, yes, I expected every bit of that and more when he was drafted.

He's a long term disappointment - a mediocre player commanding a star-quality salary. I REALLY hope they don't pay him that. If someone else does, at least we get a decent compensatory pick for him.

Warren Sapp is grotesquely overrated.

Glorified version of Chris Hovan.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 5:11:31 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Warren Sapp is grotesquely overrated.

Glorified version of Chris Hovan.

I guess he made it to the Hall of fame my fooling everyone. I don't exactly care for the guy but it is just a little difficult to "overrate" a HoFer. What more can he do to to be worthy in nermannland cure cancer, end poverty and balance the budget?

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan on 10/6/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:13:14 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 277
Applause Received: 392

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I guess he made it to the Hall of fame my fooling everyone. I don't exactly care for the guy but it is just a little difficult to "overrate" a HoFer. What more can he do to to be worthy in nermannland cure cancer, end poverty and balance the budget?

Prepare for a 3 page argument of why YOU ARE WRONG and he is right!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Never liked the Sapp much, but did enjoy him and Brett going at it, players like him, imho, kept Brett interested in the game.

Looks like Raji is becoming the next AJ Hawk, no matter how he plays, he will always be expected to do more because of where he was drafted.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:52:38 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 405
Applause Received: 233

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post

Looks like Raji is becoming the next AJ Hawk, no matter how he plays, he will always be expected to do more because of where he was drafted.

You got that right on both counts.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 7:21:35 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
You got that right on both counts.

You're damn right I'm right and am glad that I am on the other side,

You're one who will always be whining about how there is something better out there.

Long before you ever showed up there was several articles stating The Packers were trying to reduce the playing time of their d-lineman and lbr's, because they realized they were getting worn down by the end of the year.

Because of injuries they haven't been able to do that the past couple of years.

This year they have the depth to rest their starters, and I for one am glad of that.

Like it or not, Raji and Hawk, have a ring just like the other so-called 'superstars" of the team.

They both were a big part of that 2010 season.

The Packers happen to go on and win another ring this year, they will once again be a part of the reason why.

Championship aren't won by having a few "superstar" players on the roster, they are won by putting together a solid surrounding cast to make those so called "superstars" shine.

Just keep whining about "expectations" of the starters on the roster, every time you do you show your football ignorance.

ha ha ha
mi_keys on 10/6/2013(UTC)
Offline Tezzy  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 8:00:56 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 65

I thought last season was a step in the right direction for Raji. And week one against San Francisco was what I hoped we would get out of Raji every week. Last two weeks he has dropped off the cliff in terms of production on the stat sheet. Right now, PFF has 30, that's right, 3...0..., 3-4 DEs rated better than Raji at this point in the season.

My expectations aren't about where a player is drafted, but how he is compensated by the organization. Right now Ted Thompson is winning on his strategy of letting Raji set his market value. I like Raji as a piece of the puzzle, but realistic about his low ceiling as a dominant 3-4 DE.
On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 8:23:26 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post

Sapp ran his mouth for the cameras, and took advantage of being on an otherwise all time great defense.

As for cancer, if you get it, come see me.

As for the budget, it's a meaningless "planning" document. A list of stuff that costs money. If I have a million dollar in the bank, I can still "budget" myself to $10,000.00. Then when I hit $10,001.00, I can say, "I'M OVER BUDGET!" Does that mean there's no more money? No.

The REAL set of books is the COMPREHENSIVE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT. But no one ever talks about that. Includes also revenue generating ventures. There are over 35,000 state and local municipalities in this country. They all have two sets of books. They all only ever talk about one.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:07:55 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Sapp ran his mouth for the cameras, and took advantage of being on an otherwise all time great defense.

As for cancer, if you get it, come see me.

As for the budget, it's a meaningless "planning" document. A list of stuff that costs money. If I have a million dollar in the bank, I can still "budget" myself to $10,000.00. Then when I hit $10,001.00, I can say, "I'M OVER BUDGET!" Does that mean there's no more money? No.

The REAL set of books is the COMPREHENSIVE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT. But no one ever talks about that. Includes also revenue generating ventures. There are over 35,000 state and local municipalities in this country. They all have two sets of books. They all only ever talk about one.

????????
Rss Feed