You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 5:40:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,227
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,740
Applause Received: 1,790

Didn't get to watch the second half yesterday so doing it now.

Jermichael Finley had a pretty damn good game, minus that INT/Drop. Good on the blocking too.

Eddie Lacy, much like I've said from the start, he might be the real deal.

Jordy Nelson was amazing.


Pass Rush floundered heavily in the second half.

Their QB had a career day and their WR who I've felt for a few years is 2nd behind Calvin Johnson matched career numbers. Don't expect the 49ers to do that routinely.


I feel a little better about the loss. Err maybe, I feel a little less concerned for the future of the season is more accurate.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 5:56:40 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,243
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Didn't get to watch the second half yesterday so doing it now.

Jermichael Finley had a pretty damn good game, minus that INT/Drop. Good on the blocking too.

Eddie Lacy, much like I've said from the start, he might be the real deal.

Jordy Nelson was amazing.


Pass Rush floundered heavily in the second half.

Their QB had a career day and their WR who I've felt for a few years is 2nd behind Calvin Johnson matched career numbers. Don't expect the 49ers to do that routinely.


I feel a little better about the loss. Err maybe, I feel a little less concerned for the future of the season is more accurate.


Yeah, it was more encouraging than discouraging, yet, another L to the 9ers for the third game in a row.

Agree on Finley, but, wow, what a bad drop. James Jones too.

Lacy can run. Too bad McCarthy didn't dial in a bigger dose of both he and Starks.

I just expected way more, and maybe that was foolish, considering all of our position upgrades were essentially rookies.
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 6:00:14 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,515
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

If this team doesn't shit itself, they can beat anybody.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 9/9/2013(UTC)
Offline packerfanoutwest  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 6:35:04 PM(UTC)
packerfanoutwest

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 50
Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 13

what are you guys smoking? this year is the same ol crap like last year.......MM is an over rated coach.....how many 3rd down did the D stop? They finally get the lead and what does the D do? they let the 9ers march down the field..........
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 7:25:50 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,243
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest Go to Quoted Post
what are you guys smoking? this year is the same ol crap like last year.......MM is an over rated coach.....how many 3rd down did the D stop? They finally get the lead and what does the D do? they let the 9ers march down the field..........


You make very good, uh... points.
Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 7:44:06 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,515
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest Go to Quoted Post
what are you guys smoking? this year is the same ol crap like last year.......MM is an over rated coach.....how many 3rd down did the D stop? They finally get the lead and what does the D do? they let the 9ers march down the field..........


Defense was on the field for 40 minutes. Of course they were tired at the end.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 8:55:37 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,375
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 349
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
If this team doesn't sh!t itself, they can beat anybody.


Well said, Nerdman.

Hell No they should NOT have forced more runs. They should do as they have done throughout the Aaron Rodgers era - Pass Pass Pass, and set up the run with the passing. The difference? What they set up will be more effective with Lacy - and conversely, the threat of Lacy will make the passing even more effective.

In addition to "shitting itself" with the turnovers and bonehead kickoff returns, the too much forced running on first down at the start of both halves cost us two or three series - which arguably cost us the game. Until or unless we get a decent O Line, and probably even then, we need to forget this run first silliness and go with our strength - possibly the greatest QB in the history of the NFL.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline K_Buz  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 9:09:39 PM(UTC)
K_Buz

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 208
Joined: 8/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 19

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post


Lacy can run. Too bad McCarthy didn't dial in a bigger dose of both he and Starks.


I'm of the opinion that McCarthy and staff don't know HOW to run the ball. Whether they are calling the wrong plays, the plays simply suck, or they can't teach linemen how to run block, I don't know.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 9/9/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 9:40:51 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,569
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,457
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Defense was on the field for 40 minutes. Of course they were tired at the end.


So the Packers defense stopped them effectively when they were fresh?
Online mi_keys  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 10:01:31 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,309
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 140
Applause Received: 215

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
So the Packers defense stopped them effectively when they were fresh?


Rodgers forgot to read the defense their bed time stories and tuck them in at night. They didn't get a good night's rest.
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/10/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 10:06:26 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,243
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
I'm of the opinion that McCarthy and staff don't know HOW to run the ball. Whether they are calling the wrong plays, the plays simply suck, or they can't teach linemen how to run block, I don't know.



I think you might be right. Actually, Lacy and Starks busted off some great runs. They just need a bigger dose. More real commitment to running the ball.
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:03:55 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,515
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
So the Packers defense stopped them effectively when they were fresh?


If you're saying the defense was weak, that's all the more reason to keep them off the field.

Either way, they're not going to pay as well when they've been on the field for 40.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.315 seconds.