Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2013 11:57:37 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,629
Applause Received: 654

All I care about in this game is that we do NOT shit ourselves.

I want this team to SHOW UP. I'm sick and tired of hearing how the Niners are "better than" us. How they "ran wild" on our defense. How we can't stop them.

At least SHOW UP. Make it a game. Act like you belong on the same field with these people.

We all know this team isn't going to show up and play for 60 minutes. They're going to go into a shell for at least ONE quarter. Probably two. But I at least want them to be in contention.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Dulak on 9/8/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Offline Bigbyfan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 12:09:38 AM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

A win.
blank
texaspackerbacker on 9/8/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 3:40:32 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 607
Applause Received: 275

I expect to see the Packers win today!
Offline steveishere  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 4:18:33 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 965

I want to see some guys in white shirts delivering some ass kickings. Wanna Box?
Offline Dulak  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 4:50:42 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 154
Applause Received: 100

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
All I care about in this game is that we do NOT sh!t ourselves.

I want this team to SHOW UP. I'm sick and tired of hearing how the Niners are "better than" us. How they "ran wild" on our defense. How we can't stop them.

At least SHOW UP. Make it a game. Act like you belong on the same field with these people.

We all know this team isn't going to show up and play for 60 minutes. They're going to go into a shell for at least ONE quarter. Probably two. But I at least want them to be in contention.

I agree - IMO we have all the tools - just don't want us to get tooled and like you said clam up and take a beating ...

our run D looks much better this year so far from the preseason that I have seen. Watch the QB option and keep our coverages tight and we good to go. Get our run game going - I cant wait to see what we can do with our running game with lacy.

And want to see our receivers carve up their DBs ...

and our punt catchers catch the ball.

ok that's me
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Offline nyrpack  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:24:59 AM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 57

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan Go to Quoted Post
A win.

cant say it any clearer !! lol
jimmy b.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:27:06 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 453
Applause Received: 273

Minimum, like was said above, A WIN. I'd be satisfied with that under any circumstances except maybe major Packers injuries.

What I'd like to see, though, is a Dominating Performance by the Packers. I want Aaron Rodgers to be at his best, and Eddie Lacy to show that drafting him was a big success.

After reading about Dave Aranda's D beating Kaepernick teams 2 of 3, I convinced myself that if the Badgers kicked ass against the read option yesterday, it was a sign that the Packers would do the same. However, the Badgers opponent was so lame, that maybe it wasn't a good test. Besides, it wasn't read option strictly speaking that killed us last season; It was Kaepernick dropping back normally, then taking off like a bat outta hell. I WANT to see the Packers D stop that. I expect, however, to see Kaepernick break loose a few times, the Packers to stop him slightly better than last year, and the Packers offense to basically outscore the Niners.

Green Bay 41 San Fran 27

Message modified by user Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:07:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline macbob  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:32:12 AM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 296
Applause Received: 249

I want to see a good game.
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:33:00 AM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 296
Applause Received: 249

Oh, by the way, my definition of a good game is the complete and utter humiliation of the 49ers...
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:36:00 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Obviously, a win is most important, but I'd like to see more than that today. I'd like to see a new brand of Packers football. I want to see a physical team. I want to see what Nick Perry has to offer us now that he is healthy and has a year of learning the position under his belt. I want to see that we finally have our answer opposite Clay Matthews. I want to see what all the hype is about regarding Mike Neal's ability to pass rush off the corner. I want him to get that pressure without leaving a wide open gap for Colin to run through. I want to see Morgan Burnett on the field today. I want to see a different defense that is capable of containing this QB. I want to see Johnny Jolly have a great game. I want to see BJ Raji live up to his draft position. I want to see that our WR corps isn't going to miss a beat. I want to see our offensive line step up and keep Rodgers on his feet. I want to see us end the game as healthy as we started it.

This is only week one, but it's already our statement game. This is the chance to show we are the real deal, to show we can play with the big dogs of the league. This is the chance to show we are legitimate contenders and not just another playoff 1 and done team.
call me Dan
yooperfan on 9/8/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:29:26 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,629
Applause Received: 654

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Minimum, like was said above, A WIN. I'd be satisfied with that under any circumstances except maybe major Packers injuries.

What I'd like to see, though, is a Dominating Performance by the Packers. I want Aaron Rodgers to be at his best, and Eddie Lacy to show that drafting him was a big success.

After reading about Dave Aranda's D beating Kaepernick teams 2 of 3, I convinced myself that if the Badgers kicked ass against the read option yesterday, it was a sign that the Packers would do the same. However, the Badgers opponent was so lame, that maybe it wasn't a good test. Besides, it wasn't read option strictly speaking that killed us last season; It was Kaepernick dropping back normally, then taking off like a bat outta hell. I WANT to see the Packers D stop that. I expect, however, to see Kaepernick break loose a few times, the Packers to stop him slightly better than last year, and the Packers offense to basically outscore the Niners.

Green Bay 41 San Fran 27

I hear all this shit about the Niners front 7 being super tough. It'd be pretty nice if people said that about our running game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline mi_keys  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:41:54 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 219
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Green Bay 41 San Fran 27

So does Crosby miss an extra point or does he make two field goals?
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:04:09 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 453
Applause Received: 273

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
So does Crosby miss an extra point or does he make two field goals?

a missed extra point hahahaha ........... and 4 field goals - 2 from past 50 yards - a slight lack of polish in the Packer O and that good Frisco D will result in Touchdownus Interruptus a few times, but mostly we will ROLL. Mashay sees the field 9 times for kickoffs to just 2 for punts.

BTW, Myself, I don't give a damn about any "new brand" or enhanced toughness or anything like that i.e. CHANGE. Mostly I LOVE the Status Quo that got us a Super Bowl, a 15-1, and an 11-5 - well, maybe the 11-5 not so much. The slight change of better quality (not necessarily quantity) of running and a better pass rush is greatly outweighed by my desire to see a lot more of the same - Aaron Rodgers throwing long, short, and medium for TDs and racking up yards - resulting in a WIN.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Wade  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:24:07 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 678
Applause Received: 698

Domination.

Screw the "a win is a win" crap.

I want the world to know that the Green Bay Packers are the best team in the effing world. And that the second best team, whoever it might be, isn't close enough to matter.

D O M I N A T E ! ! !
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rss Feed