Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:15:43 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Rob Demovsky wrote:
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers left guard Josh Sitton offered three words to sum up Johnny Jolly.

"He's all in," Sitton said after Thursday's practice.

That's why it took no one by surprise that Jolly was back on the field that morning, less than 24 hours after injured an ankle near the end of Wednesday's practice. When you've been banished from the NFL for three seasons, served prison time and fought a drug addiction, what's a little ankle sprain?

Quote:

There's been so much roster turnover since Jolly last played in an NFL game (Jan. 10, 2010 in an NFC wild-card playoff game at Arizona), that the Packers now have plenty of other options. Younger options. Of the nine other defensive linemen in camp with the Packers, only two -- Ryan Pickett and B.J. Raji -- were even with the Packers the last time Jolly was an active player.

At this point, Jolly may rank only seventh-best among the team's defensive linemen in camp. Last year, the Packers opened the season with just six on their 53-man roster and dressed only five in Week 1.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Sponsor
Offline Tezzy  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 9:49:37 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 65

Even if he doesn't find a roster spot with the Packers, I am very happy that he has taken his rehabilitation seriously and going to make the best out of the situation that he created. I think he'll find a roster spot in the league come week 1.
On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline beast  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 9:58:54 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 276

Originally Posted by: Tezzy Go to Quoted Post
Even if he doesn't find a roster spot with the Packers, I am very happy that he has taken his rehabilitation seriously and going to make the best out of the situation that he created. I think he'll find a roster spot in the league come week 1.

I've got a feeling the Raiders (with former Packers) guys with grab him ASAP... I think they lost their top DL and need help badly there... and he'd know QB Matt Flynn, DE Jason Hunter and S Woodson.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 8/3/2013(UTC), Wade on 8/3/2013(UTC)
Offline Tezzy  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 10:04:28 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 65

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I've got a feeling the Raiders (with former Packers) guys with grab him ASAP... I think they lost their top DL and need help badly there... and he'd know QB Matt Flynn, DE Jason Hunter and S Woodson.

And not just the players, but was McKenzie involved with getting Jolly into GB?
On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline Wade  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:22:16 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 645
Applause Received: 657

Good point.

Not going to happen, though. I am predicting right now that, absent a major injury, Jolly will make the GB active roster for week 1.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline beast  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2013 11:13:10 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 276

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Good point.

Not going to happen, though. I am predicting right now that, absent a major injury, Jolly will make the GB active roster for week 1.

Also Raiders are trying to get young, but hey if Jolly is cheap and better than what they got, they might take him as a stop gap FA.

Which 6 or 7 DL guys do you have making it? Normally the Packers only keep 6 DLs, but with 4 of them being FAs and working Neal at OLB some, I think they might keep 7 this year.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Wade  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 6:23:14 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 645
Applause Received: 657

Also Raiders are trying to get young, but hey if Jolly is cheap and better than what they got, they might take him as a stop gap FA.

Which 6 or 7 DL guys do you have making it? Normally the Packers only keep 6 DLs, but with 4 of them being FAs and working Neal at OLB some, I think they might keep 7 this year.

Haven't given it much thought yet, actually, since I haven't seen any video yet. I just have a sense that Jolly will be one of them.

Off top of my head: Pickett and Jones are locks. Raji, too, though I wish we had better and more consistent.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rss Feed