Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline beast  
#16 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 7:18:02 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 246
Applause Received: 312

Originally Posted by: agopackgo4 Go to Quoted Post
You may have a point beast... But remember, that offense centered around TE's wasn't exactly humming along and looking great before Finley got hurt. It didn't happen until the last few games of the regular season. Didn't matter if it was Finley or Quarless.

I'm just saying the kid has a TON of potential, but he won't be able to reach it if he doesn't fix his catching problem.

As far as the 2010 regular season it started and finished 3-3. And if I remember correctly Finley was playing great before getting hurt while Jennings was playing worse and at times throwing a hissy fit at times during the middle of the game.

If I remember correctly one that got him a lot of attention on this board was a DEEP pass that went off his hands and into the hands of a defender, but Jennings was too busy complaining to notice the defender caught it and returned it a good ways.

So it wasn't just Finley but also Jennings playing harder complaining less, and I believe Nelson finally broke out at the end of the season.

So it's not all just Quarless. But again, Quarless has major potential and I'm very much hoping he breaks out like we know he can (which is why I listed him as one of my break out guys).
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline PackerTraxx  
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 12:07:40 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I'll go with Perry and House on the D. On O I'll go with Quarless and, here's a real flyer, Sherrod.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 7/20/2013(UTC)
Offline Bigbyfan  
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 4:28:05 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

Morgan Burnett - He just received his new contract, now he's going to go out there and earn it. As my "breakout player," I am hoping he makes the same Year 4 jump that Nick Collins made. With the added pass rush, I could see Burnett becoming our next turnover machine at Safety. He showed last year that he has no problem being around the ball, with over 100 tackles. IMO, this is the year where more of those tackles turn into forced fumbles and he finds his hands on more interceptions. As the new "leader" of the secondary, he has added responsibility in making sure everyone is where they have to be. I'm hoping he is able to step up and become one of our better defensive players. He has the ability to.
blank
Offline steveishere  
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:41:47 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Brian Bulaga - Technically he was a breakout player in 2011 but with some struggles last year and a position change I think he can have a "breakout" year as a LT.
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 8:53:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,624
Applause Received: 651

Andrew Datko: Training Camp Dark Horse or Off the Team?

Quote:
Here’s a quick rundown of the Packers offensive line situation. In for sure: Bryan Bulaga, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Marshall Newhouse. Probably in: David Bakhtiari, Don Barclay, Sherrod (if healthy). Fighting for their lives: Datko, Greg Van Roten, Lane Taylor, whoever the hell they list as a backup center.

There are already eight offensive lineman with a head start on Datko. Another one (Van Roten) is also probably ahead of him.

The odds for Datko don’t look very good, but it’s hard to count out a guy who was so promising before getting hurt.

Dude's got a shot.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline dhpackr  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:07:06 AM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

I think the breakout “Players” for 2013 will be the offensive line and the fact that T Bryan Bulaga, guard Josh Sitton will be moving to the left side, and guard T.J. Lang, tackle Marshall Newhouse will be moving to the right side. The Packers have the best QB in the game, and really need to protect him better than last year.

I also think by Mike McCarthy drafting two running backs he is going to make a genuine effort to have a running attack established early and often. I feel we will see a much more balanced attack this season on Offense 60% passing and 40% running. Eddie Lacy is my pick for Offensive ROY and the next 1000 yard back for GB.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/23/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 7/23/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed