Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 9:47:33 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 90

LombardiAve wrote:
Just about every season I ask the same question: Why is Jarrett Bush still a member of the Green Bay Packers? Heading into his eighth season with the team, Bush has seemingly hung on because of his special teams skills and his usefulness in filling the void when injured starters can no longer play. It [...]
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Online DarkaneRules  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 9:10:16 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 205
Applause Received: 344

Well if someone else steps up and plays spot duty and special teams better than he does, then he is expendable, so come on backups and show him up! Otherwise, more Bush in our future :)

PS. I got no problems with Bush.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 6/24/2013(UTC)
Online nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 9:18:27 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,479
Applause Received: 620

He gets one more year before they start trying to phase him out.

Getting to be that age.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 9:38:59 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,880
Applause Received: 1,392

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Well if someone else steps up and plays spot duty and special teams better than he does, then he is expendable, so come on backups and show him up! Otherwise, more Bush in our future :)

PS. I got no problems with Bush.


If he can be replaced and the quality remains or improves I am all for it.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline beast  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 10:25:49 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 191
Applause Received: 286

article wrote:
Why is Jarrett Bush still a member of the Green Bay Packers?


Bush is still a member of the Packers because he has CLEARLY been the best gunner the Packers have had lately.
To be a good gunner you need to be able to get off blocks/jams, race down field and tackle the returner.

Some of the WRs can get off blocks and race down field but aren't used to tackling and aren't used as gunner often.
Lots of other DBs can race down field and tackle the returner but none of the other DBs have been able to get off jams/blocks half as well as he can.
I forget who noted it, but Bush has gotten off double team jams (often times from the Bears) better than others have gotten off single jams.

I've heard rumors about rookie CB Micah Hyde could be a very good gunner and House did seem to be getting better at it before his injury, but a lot is left to be seen.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 6/24/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:20:40 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 294
Applause Received: 409

There are seveal reasons The packers Special team play has vastley improved the last few years.

One of the biggest is everybody's "whipping boy" Jarrett Bush!!!

There are plenty of db's who could take tackling lessons from Jarret Bush.

He's under contract and is worth every bit he is paid.

Can't these guys find something better to report on?

Same old tired stories year after year during the down time.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 6/24/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:34:29 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,880
Applause Received: 1,392

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
There are seveal reasons The packers Special team play has vastley improved the last few years.

One of the biggest is everybody's "whipping boy" Jarrett Bush!!!

There are plenty of db's who could take tackling lessons from Jarret Bush.

He's under contract and is worth every bit he is paid.

Can't these guys find something better to report on?


Same old tired stories year after year during the down time.


no. there is nothing going on at the moment so they have to invent "news items" to remain relevant.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:50:07 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 649
Applause Received: 1,337

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post


Can't these guys find something better to report on?

Same old tired stories year after year during the down time.


We could always fire up another replace Hawk thread, or are you tired of that subject? Neener, Neener

I totally agree with you on Jarrett "the cat" Bush. Until somebody can gun better than he does, he is worth the roster spot. But I don't ever want to see him in coverage again. The pick in the super bowl was his 15 minutes of fame.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 1:12:11 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,479
Applause Received: 620

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
We could always fire up another replace Hawk thread, or are you tired of that subject? Neener, Neener

I totally agree with you on Jarrett "the cat" Bush. Until somebody can gun better than he does, he is worth the roster spot. But I don't ever want to see him in coverage again. The pick in the super bowl was his 15 minutes of fame.


He broke even on that play. Makes up for not falling on that fumble in the NFCCG in '07.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 1:15:44 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 294
Applause Received: 409

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
He broke even on that play. Makes up for not falling on that fumble in the NFCCG in '07.


I think he was paid not to fall on that fumble, funny rumor has it that the superbowl pick wasn't suppose to happen, but the check got lost in the mail.

Funny how things work out.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 6/24/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#11 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 2:21:40 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 394

The motherf*cker is a worthless piece of shit in coverage from the line of scrimmage. He has always been a worthless piece of shit and liability, to the point of being extraordinarily expensive in critical moments. The good offenses use him like a bar of soap. I hate the motherf*cker in defense. HATE, HATE HATE.

I love him on special teams. It is way too expensive, he is a WEAK LINK, A CRITICAL ONE, INVARIABLY, has been, will be.


I wanted him GONE. I want him GONE. Frankly, I want him SHOT, GASSED, CRUCIFIED or traded, kill, kill kill, but I'm an asshole, lol, plus an owner

I'm sure he is a good and talented man. Just please never step foot on the field as a Green Bay Packer again. . Go totally screw some other team in the NFL like you have been doing with ours with your ostensible talent. f*cking overpaid bastard. I hate him. Hurt his feewings? The motherf*cker lives in a mansion that he has yet to earn.

It's an opinion, and put me down as not a fan of Bush.

Razz

Edited by user Monday, June 24, 2013 3:02:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Online nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 2:45:39 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,479
Applause Received: 620

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I think he was paid not to fall on that fumble, funny rumor has it that the superbowl pick wasn't suppose to happen, but the check got lost in the mail.

Funny how things work out.


Funny how that game did work out, no?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 4:56:39 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 286
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
The motherf*cker is a worthless piece of shit in coverage from the line of scrimmage. He has always been a worthless piece of shit and liability, to the point of being extraordinarily expensive in critical moments. The good offenses use him like a bar of soap. I hate the motherf*cker in defense. HATE, HATE HATE.

I love him on special teams. It is way too expensive, he is a WEAK LINK, A CRITICAL ONE, INVARIABLY, has been, will be.


I wanted him GONE. I want him GONE. Frankly, I want him SHOT, GASSED, CRUCIFIED or traded, kill, kill kill, but I'm an asshole, lol, plus an owner

I'm sure he is a good and talented man. Just please never step foot on the field as a Green Bay Packer again. . Go totally screw some other team in the NFL like you have been doing with ours with your ostensible talent. f*cking overpaid bastard. I hate him. Hurt his feewings? The motherf*cker lives in a mansion that he has yet to earn.

It's an opinion, and put me down as not a fan of Bush.

Razz


Now I hope they keep him.

When he is done playing, I hope they make him ST coach.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 6/25/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:29:16 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 394

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
Now I hope they keep him.

When he is done playing, I hope they make him ST coach.


I bring that out in people, lol


I'm going with a dairy farmer analogy.


You can spend an entire winter building an absolutely magnificent fence to surround your pasture. Go ahead and forget to build the 4 foot gate at the corner of the fence. The cows are gonna get out. Bush has been the missing 4 foot gate for the Pack in the last several years.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:18:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

26m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

56m / Random Babble / texaspackerbacker

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

2h / Around The NFL / DakotaT

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packerfanoutwest

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.