Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:07:51 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I can summarize this and almost all political threads in a little over a sentence on current issues.

Neither party is in it for the people any longer, it is about funding, party control and re-election. Any actions either party takes is either public relations to gather more funds or damage control to retain said funds.

We the people beating each other up in defense of either party is playing into their hands, nothing more.

Until we the people retake control of the process and remove the power from a corrupt two party system, progress will be fleeting.

Yet, here we sit, like most of America, trying to play the party lines. Defeating.

Don't you realize we are completely bored and need something to waste our time with until training camp?

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#17 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:09:28 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,060

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Don't you realize we are completely bored and need something to waste our time with until training camp?

I think I realize that you understand that.. just not sure reading thread after thread that it is a shared belief. Big Grin
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#18 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:23:13 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

I think I realize that you understand that.. just not sure reading thread after thread that it is a shared belief. Big Grin

It's not my responsibility to make sure everyone keeps up! How many posts could actually have been made about coyotes? Some threads need tangents, desperately!!!!!!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:28:08 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,429

It's not my responsibility to make sure everyone keeps up! How many posts could actually have been made about coyotes? Some threads need tangents, desperately!!!!!!!!!!

Well Troy if you do not want to talk about a subject be it coyotes or anything else then move on to something else. Start your own thread. Don't pull them down because you have nothing else to do.

Here's your tangent.

UserPostedImage
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 5/24/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#20 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:42:27 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 432
Applause Received: 255

Corporate taxes are not passed on to the consumer, corporate taxes reduce the bottom line profits and return to the shareholders - which is investment income at the individual level, taxed at a lower rate - then working income. So no, I don't see the evil in corporate taxes like the blind sheep do. What I see at the corporate tax level is a lot unethical practice and denying the American government the funding it needs to for domestic improvements. What is passed on to the consumer is ridiculous prices for lousy goods, so that the officers and major shareholders of a corporation keep getting by with looting the customers. It goes along with my whole guillotine argument.

I know who Governor Wallace was. I'm not as young as you may think. I'm not a novelist like Wade, so my posts most of the time are short due to pure laziness. If I tell you that you're full of sh*t, I usually have a long speech somewhere wandering around in my mind - just don't feel like taking the time to type it out. Big Grin

hahahaha I was talking about me keeping it short and quick, not you, but that was late last night. Now it's morning and I'm gassed up and ready to roll hahaha.

Do you think those corporations are gonna merely sit back and accept a lower bottom line profit? Hell No. They will do whatever it takes - including going overseas, but before that, raising prices - costing us money and/or causing us to buy cheaper foreign made products - you basically just said that yourself. THAT is what high corporate taxes bring us - and I hope you know, we already have just about the highest in the world.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
#21 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:51:39 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

I can summarize this and almost all political threads in a little over a sentence on current issues.

Neither party is in it for the people any longer, it is about funding, party control and re-election. Any actions either party takes is either public relations to gather more funds or damage control to retain said funds.

We the people beating each other up in defense of either party is playing into their hands, nothing more.

Until we the people retake control of the process and remove the power from a corrupt two party system, progress will be fleeting.

Yet, here we sit, like most of America, trying to play the party lines. Defeating.

When was any political party ever anywhere "in it for the people"? It's all about money and power, and maybe a little bit of "my way is better than your way".

But you know what? It has given us the greatest country in the world with the most freedom and the most prosperity to enjoy that freedom of anybody in the history of the world. And did you notice on wpr's graphs, they all were moving upward hahahaha.

Does anybody think we would have the NFL and the Packers under Communism or Muslim Sharia Law? All year would be the off-season then, and we sure as hell wouldn't be able to have fun debating about either politics or football.

What's this about PackerHome being up for sale - and so cheap? Truth or Bullsh*t? If truth, let's see your profit and loss statement. I might just pay $1,998 myself.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 5/24/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:06:02 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
When was any political party ever anywhere "in it for the people"? It's all about money and power, and maybe a little bit of "my way is better than your way".

But you know what? It has given us the greatest country in the world with the most freedom and the most prosperity to enjoy that freedom of anybody in the history of the world. And did you notice on wpr's graphs, they all were moving upward hahahaha.

Does anybody think we would have the NFL and the Packers under Communism or Muslim Sharia Law? All year would be the off-season then, and we sure as hell wouldn't be able to have fun debating about either politics or football.

What's this about PackerHome being up for sale - and so cheap? Truth or Bullsh*t? If truth, let's see your profit and loss statement. I might just pay $1,998 myself.

Nope. We would be stuck with IFBA futball.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:17:47 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

PackerHome has zero profit, as it is not a website, but only a domain that is available for purchase.

PackersHome has zero profit, and you do not want to know the annual loss, lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#24 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:42:45 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,060

Not saying we do not enjoy the freedoms most don't, but simply saying the it is getting further and further from the ideals set. In terms of politicians, there was a time within the last century where government was more geared for its intention set forth by the Consitution.. and decade by decade that is failing.

Am i worried about my lifetime.. nope. I could live out my days in bliss.. but that is not the point. Ignore the debt all you want, rely simply on our military power. To me.. that is short sighted at best, one that cares little about the blood those forces carry into battles. Why not attempt to not have to rely on force to continue our way.. why not carry forth the ideals that the country was founded upon. Why.. because it is easier to ignore the continued damage done by both parties to the standing of this county, and only rely upon the sword.

Probably not.. but one thing is pretty damn clear, no professional league would probably get off the ground today..every politician would cripple it running for their cut before the league could even get established.

That is an exact reference I am referring to above.. good damn thing it was established in a era where it had a chance to blossom.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#25 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 10:15:09 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 201

All I can say is come to the Green Side :)
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
#26 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 11:26:14 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Not saying we do not enjoy the freedoms most don't, but simply saying the it is getting further and further from the ideals set. In terms of politicians, there was a time within the last century where government was more geared for its intention set forth by the Consitution.. and decade by decade that is failing.

Am i worried about my lifetime.. nope. I could live out my days in bliss.. but that is not the point. Ignore the debt all you want, rely simply on our military power. To me.. that is short sighted at best, one that cares little about the blood those forces carry into battles. Why not attempt to not have to rely on force to continue our way.. why not carry forth the ideals that the country was founded upon. Why.. because it is easier to ignore the continued damage done by both parties to the standing of this county, and only rely upon the sword.

Probably not.. but one thing is pretty damn clear, no professional league would probably get off the ground today..every politician would cripple it running for their cut before the league could even get established.

That is an exact reference I am referring to above.. good damn thing it was established in a era where it had a chance to blossom.

If you're talking government support for the current pro leagues, yeah, true, and I'm all for it. We don't need another AFL or even XFL if it has pretense of being/becoming major league.

My memory extends back to the fifties and sixties, and I'm here to tell you, Life is better now, all things considered - freedom, prosperity, the whole big picture - than it was then or anytime between then and now.

Debt is not merely ignored. It is ROLLED OVER - PAID with dollars backed by debt instruments - which is much the same as just printing more and more. It is GOOD Why? Because We, the People - the American government says it's good, and nobody is big and bad enough to say oh no it ain't. I do NOT see that as "damage". If you do, please explain why - assuming our status as big dog in the yard continues. It's not like we need to use force to make it happen. We merely need to have the force to discourage anybody else from trying to change the situation.
Offline Formo  
#27 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 1:24:46 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Dakotat Go to Quoted Post
STFU, the adults are talking, dumbass.

I'll express my opinions whenever I want, jackass. You will hear them, and you will LIKE IT!

You just don't want to pay taxes. We know what your political views are. Big Grin

No, I don't want to pay taxes on both ends of my finances. It's gubernatorial rape of our nations finances.

BTW, if the Vikings ask goat roper if will take a pay cut, he's out the first door. Saw that on NFL network. I bet he wants to come play for the Packers.

Oh, you are so well informed. Let me educate you:

The only 'pay cut' Allen would get is a lower cap hit on his next contract. The 'pay cut' comment he made were in regards to if the Vikings asked him this past year to restructure his contract (which they didn't.. so it's a moot point). As far as his next contract goes, he'll get paid again. Not sure how much or from whom, but he's smart in that he doesn't talk the 'business' side of the game and lets his 'people' do the talking.

And make no mistake, he's a hired gun. He doesn't even live in Minnesota during the offseason (nor does he do voluntary workouts with the team). He'll bust his ass for for WHOMEVER signs his checks. Right now that's the Wilfs. Next year? Who knows.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 3:23:51 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
I'll express my opinions whenever I want, jackass. You will hear them, and you will LIKE IT!

No, I don't want to pay taxes on both ends of my finances. It's gubernatorial rape of our nations finances.

Oh, you are so well informed. Let me educate you:

The only 'pay cut' Allen would get is a lower cap hit on his next contract. The 'pay cut' comment he made were in regards to if the Vikings asked him this past year to restructure his contract (which they didn't.. so it's a moot point). As far as his next contract goes, he'll get paid again. Not sure how much or from whom, but he's smart in that he doesn't talk the 'business' side of the game and lets his 'people' do the talking.

And make no mistake, he's a hired gun. He doesn't even live in Minnesota during the offseason (nor does he do voluntary workouts with the team). He'll bust his ass for for WHOMEVER signs his checks. Right now that's the Wilfs. Next year? Who knows.

First comment: Rolling On The Floor Laughing

The little bit of taxes you pay, you don't get an opinion. Just say thank you to the rest of society for carrying your ass. Middle Finger

As for the goat roper, that's just bait and you take it every time. Neener, Neener

Love ya, buddy! Be coming through there the weekend after the 4th of July. Maybe I'll bless you with my presence if we stay in Maple Grove.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#29 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 9:01:02 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

First comment: Rolling On The Floor Laughing

The little bit of taxes you pay, you don't get an opinion. Just say thank you to the rest of society for carrying your ass. Middle Finger

As for the goat roper, that's just bait and you take it every time. Neener, Neener

Love ya, buddy! Be coming through there the weekend after the 4th of July. Maybe I'll bless you with my presence if we stay in Maple Grove.

I let you troll me because I know it gets your jollies off.

You are welcome, little man.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Wade  
#30 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 6:35:53 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 674
Applause Received: 688

1. The burden of proof re: taxation should always be placed on those who would tax, not on those who wish not to be taxed, and the standard of proof should always be "beyond a reasonable doubt."
2. The amount of debt should be determined by the productivity of the debtor. More productive people (or countries) can, and often should, borrow more, than the less productive.
3. When the borrower is not the one who personally bears the consequences of over-borrowing, too much will be borrowed.
4. When the lender is not the one who personally bears the consequences of over-lending, too much will be lent.

The fiscal issues of the United States are due to:
A. We don't do #1. We do exacty the opposite.
B. When it comes to public borrowing, we have institutionalized #3 and #4, and therefore #2 has become increasingly irrelevant to our borrowing/lending decisions.

Sorry, Troy, that's about as short as I can make it.

(and, again, I'm no kind of conservative, neo- or otherwise.)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)