You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:11:55 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,398
Applause Received: 1,188

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
You seem to be slippin' tonight, wpr. This came from the JSOnline article which YOU posted about McCarthy's news conference:

"On Sherrod: Counting on Derek Sherrod to be a factor. He's making progress. I don't have a timeline for you but it's further along."

correction: mintbacondrivel posted it, but you had the only reply to it.

I was worried for a second. I didn't remember posting a JSO note. We only get so many free viewings on JSO a month and I have not been in to their site in a week or so. Sadly I use to go there every day. Now that they limit how many times you can view I rarely go at all. I guess they are the smart ones.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:26:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,786

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I was worried for a second. I didn't remember posting a JSO note. We only get so many free viewings on JSO a month and I have not been in to their site in a week or so. Sadly I use to go there every day. Now that they limit how many times you can view I rarely go at all. I guess they are the smart ones.

Delete your JSOnline.com cookie and you'll be fine, or use a different browser. Same applies for PackersNews.com.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:32:40 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,398
Applause Received: 1,188

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Delete your JSOnline.com cookie and you'll be fine, or use a different browser. Same applies for PackersNews.com.

shhhh. That is cheating. Big Grin

At least this way I can actually read more of their stories. Which is what they should be striving for to begin with.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:02:04 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 932

My Grades.. For the majority of the draft, especially day three.. I think they cleaned up. Jones in the first looks the part.. only question is was he just a late bloomer or does one year overvalue him in totality?

I don't like the Lacy pick overall, it was good value based on the draftniks, but the 5 times I watched Bama play last season, I never came away saying he was the best back in college football.. probably not even on his own team. Couple that with injury concerns and his overall desire to play the game.. not so sure that he was the best value on the board in the second for the Packers. Again, hope I am wrong.

After those two questions.. I have almost zero concerns about the other picks.. especially like WR prospects late.

A-

The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:32:51 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
My Grades.. For the majority of the draft, especially day three.. I think they cleaned up. Jones in the first looks the part.. only question is was he just a late bloomer or does one year overvalue him in totality?

I don't like the Lacy pick overall, it was good value based on the draftniks, but the 5 times I watched Bama play last season, I never came away saying he was the best back in college football.. probably not even on his own team. Couple that with injury concerns and his overall desire to play the game.. not so sure that he was the best value on the board in the second for the Packers. Again, hope I am wrong.

After those two questions.. I have almost zero concerns about the other picks.. especially like WR prospects late.

A-

I'm tellin' ya. Eddie Lacy will be better than you think for us. I'm not buying into the hype that many people love him or the fact he's from Alabama. I watched the tape. Couple games 2-3. Right away I was blown away from this guy. His acceleration for a big man is impressive, and that spin move is amazing. I think Mike McCarthy loves him because he can move well with his size. Like we used to have in Grant.

He's not the second coming by all means.. but I think a lot of teams made a mistake on not drafting him. Reminds me of Micheal Turner with so much lower body strength, always keeping his legs turning.

Sometimes he gets tackled easily which I've seen at times. But once he gets going in the 2nd level of the defense he's hard to bring down. He can get you something out of nothing. And for once we can run on 3rd down. Instead of the predictable FB dive every third and short or on the goaline.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 10:03:29 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 932

I would love to eat crow on Lacy.. really would. We shall see..
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage