Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#46 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:14:54 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 251

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Push? Puleeze. I'll settle for some small improvement over the "crack" we try to give our RB. I have forsaken the concept of a "hole", as under this administration. the linemen are not required to do...

what?

anything in the run game? These guys have not been earning their pay or position, and their coach should be gassed, but I digress...

Amazing what happens when we - accidentally, by my best analysis- create a hole---

We seem to have AWESOME running backs when they are not running into the back of our offensive linemen!

THIS is what I'm worried about regarding Jackson, not his ability. I'm worried we already have the ability in that position, just unheralded due to o-line and scheme suckiness (it's an industry term)

...But I liked how Ahman Green ran under this sh*t-box system, he found sunshine often when clouded in complete sh*t, so I'm optimistic if Jackson signs. He SEEMS like a guy that could find a hole where we have none.

Face it. We are a "soft" team. Yes. The GD Green Bay Packers-my boys- my Lombardi boys- are S O F T. aka PUSSIES! (or should be known as such) We have NO CONTROL over the trenches against anyone worth talking about. HOW EMBARRASSING! Your Ted Thompson (and I like Ted, mostly) has a plan, we win many games, but they are SOFT SOFT SOFT. GET 'EM ON THE LINE, physically and mentally (our opponent) Cold-weather Green Bay Packers. Pisses me off. Doesn't he even know where he LIVES? He built a friggin' astrograss plastograss whatever girly-man flim-flam D O M E team!

Those homos in SF have a physical - team we must aspire to, (not that there is anything wrong with that) and our President is B. Obama. The world is definitely so upside-down, lol

HEY TED! GET THE BEST f*ckING LINE IN THE NFL AND BE DONE WITH IT, DO THAT, hang onto Rodgers, and we can get UDFA's for the skill positions. DO THE SAME THING for the pass rush folk. Christ, I should run this team, lol

All true, but if Jackson could be gotten for $2-3 million a season, I'd still get him. Face it, even if a major effort was made, we couldn't get that "best O Line" overnight. It galls me to see the wimpiness in our D Line and LBs too (other than Matthews), but face it, other than Nitschke, Lombardi's boys were kinda finessey too - Henry Jordan, Willie Davis, Dave Robinson, Fred Carr - excellent as they were, were not exactly bully boys.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline gbguy20  
#47 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:49:19 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

whats the hold up
call me Dan
Offline nerdmann  
#48 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:52:03 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,510
Applause Received: 629

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
All true, but if Jackson could be gotten for $2-3 million a season, I'd still get him. Face it, even if a major effort was made, we couldn't get that "best O Line" overnight. It galls me to see the wimpiness in our D Line and LBs too (other than Matthews), but face it, other than Nitschke, Lombardi's boys were kinda finessey too - Henry Jordan, Willie Davis, Dave Robinson, Fred Carr - excellent as they were, were not exactly bully boys.

We're not that far from an elite OL. Bulaga's coming back. We got Sherrod/Newhouse/Datko at LT.

Really what we need is a C.

Then we can talk about the position coach at the zBS.

But it could happen faster than you think. Remember how sh*tty our ST used to be?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#49 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:00:37 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,925
Applause Received: 1,416

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
lets make this happen damnit

it's not that difficult guys.

sit down
dump your load
do the paperwork
get off and move on.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline JustinAVA182  
#50 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:20:06 PM(UTC)
JustinAVA182

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 30

Falcons agreed to terms with RB Steven Jackson, formerly of the Rams
Quote:
The Falcons get their man, replacing a diminished Michael Turner with the top back on the market. Although he's going on 30 and is parked at 2,802 career touches, S-Jax had plenty left in the tank in 2012, and is a perfect fit for the Falcons offense. Turner made it nearly impossible for Atlanta to move the chains on the ground last season, fouling up an otherwise elite offense. Jackson should be good for more than four yards per pop, and is an asset in the passing game. He should get infinite more chances to finish around the goal-line than he did his final few seasons in St. Louis, making him a strong RB2 for the 2013 fantasy season.
http://www.rotoworld.com.../nfl/1663/steven-jackson
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#51 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:25:00 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,901
Applause Received: 2,096

"WesHod Per @AdamSchefter, the Atlanta Falcons have won the Steven Jackson sweepstakes over the #Packers"
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#52 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:29:04 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,510
Applause Received: 629

Not a shocker.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Packers_Finland  
#53 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:34:21 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

AAAHHH! So much fail. I wanted this guy so bad.
This is a placeholder
Offline shield4life  
#54 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:45:44 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Why am I not surprised, we should of locked him up yesterday night. The longer this was going to more I was leaning into him signing with a different team. Really sad tho because he could of gave this offense a much needed boost in the running game.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#55 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:45:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,901
Applause Received: 2,096

I'm interested to see what he signed for.
UserPostedImage
Offline shield4life  
#56 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:48:22 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Probably a 3/4 year around 5-6 where the packers probably didn't offer more then 4.
Offline Yerko  
#57 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:11:10 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 242

Originally Posted by: shield4life Go to Quoted Post
Probably a 3/4 year around 5-6 where the packers probably didn't offer more then 4.

And if that is the case, the Packers are smart for it. Reggie Bush isn't even getting $4 million a year and I'd rather him in the backfield than Jackson simply due to age and mileage.

Your loss Mr. Jackson.
UserPostedImage
Offline shield4life  
#58 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:23:39 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
And if that is the case, the Packers are smart for it. Reggie Bush isn't even getting $4 million a year and I'd rather him in the backfield than Jackson simply due to age and mileage.

Your loss Mr. Jackson.

It's a hundred percent loss for Mr. Jackson. He will never win a SB with the falcons.
Offline Packers_Finland  
#59 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:55:34 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Originally Posted by: shield4life Go to Quoted Post
It's a hundred percent loss for Mr. Jackson. He will never win a SB with the falcons.

Well the Falcons did go further than us in the playoffs last year, so I can see how he made that mistake.

The Falcons are a great team. If he got more salary, he made a great move.
This is a placeholder
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Rockmolder on 3/14/2013(UTC)
Online porky88  
#60 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:06:30 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 188
Applause Received: 371

It was always Packers or Falcons. I'm guessing Tony Gonzalez returning to Atlanta played a role in his decision. Their offense looks outstanding on paper with Matt Ryan, Steven Jackson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White, and Julio Jones.