Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online wpr  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:25:41 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
You forgot your sarcasm smiley! Big Grin

no I did not. You and all your government dependent friends have convinced me. I was wrong to fight the inevitable for so long. It is what the people want so give it to them.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Formo on 11/14/2012(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:53:52 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 640
Applause Received: 1,319

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
no I did not. You and all your government dependent friends have convinced me. I was wrong to fight the inevitable for so long. It is what the people want so give it to them.

It has to work better than trickle down economics.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:35:20 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Primary requirement: Only spend on activities for which the government actor has a comparative advantage (i.e. can do it better, at a lower opportunity cost, than any market actor could).

First example: Various "security" and "war" services: Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force combat personnel. Coast Guard search and rescue. The uniformed beat cop. Fire departments. Criminal court. Border control to prevent entry of criminals and infectious diseases.

Does not include such things such as REMF functions, police detectives, or anyone or any function provided bye the so-called "Department of Homeland Security". Does not include enforcers of "limit immigration" laws.

I primarily agree, but differ slightly. Government should only supply what private sector cannot, like a national military, interstate system. And much of that, federal government should be more of a coordinator of the states instead of provider. Everything else should be provided by the private sector, cost is never really an issue. There is no reason government can do anything cheaper, and even if there was, even if more expensive, it would be generating revenue and expand the tax base.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:11:05 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 640
Applause Received: 1,319

I don't have any government dependent friends. All my friends are just like you momolucs. And like all of you, none of them have had a life altering crisis with their child that have made them re-evaluate everything. Needing all the toys and bells and whistles is just not important anymore - and voting for the assholes that make sure a small percentage of our country has all those things is not something I'm on board with anymore - but I once was.

UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:05:06 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

I don't have any government dependent friends. All my friends are just like you momolucs. And like all of you, none of them have had a life altering crisis with their child that have made them re-evaluate everything. Needing all the toys and bells and whistles is just not important anymore - and voting for the assholes that make sure a small percentage of our country has all those things is not something I'm on board with anymore - but I once was.

agreed. I could care less about the crap people collect. If I had my way we would all live without 3/4 of the stuff we have. and be far better off for it.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:19:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

And like all of you, none of them have had a life altering crisis with their child that have made them re-evaluate everything.

One of the more pretentious generalizations an ignorant soul could claim. Shut your f*cking mouth. You're not only one who's had a difficult life. You're not the only one who's had to endure a crisis with their child or family member, quit putting yourself on a pedestal. I wouldn't wish what you had to endure on anyone, ever, but pushing others down because of it is wrong, very wrong. Don't be that guy, be better. --edit, that's unnecessarily harsh. What I'm saying is, quit this attitude that you're the only one who's had it rough, man. What you've been through, was treacherous hell, it has galvanized you and you rose up to the challenge. That's very big of you and I'd be proud to know you in person because of it.

In regards to the toys, bells an whistles that everyone seems to 'need' is mind boggling. I see people buying four wheelers, boats, excessively large truck and what have you then complain about not having money. I've never really understood that. I have a few things that I splurge on, like a phone that I can handle all my work needs and a laptop that I can pursue my goal of starting an running my own business and a TV that plays movies in great quality. Other than that, I'm very average. I get pissed spending more than $15 on a pair of my jeans, or more than $10 on a t-shirt. When it comes to my girls, that's where a great deal of my money goes towards. I also help out my family quite a bit too.

I will have to confess, my dream is to one day own a Lamborghini Diablo, but I've conceded that since I didn't keep my little pecker wrapped tight enough that I'll let that dream slip lol

Edit...

Edited by user Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:23:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:41:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I don't have any government dependent friends.

Interesting. I can think of 30-40 people I know who are government dependents. A great many of them are friends. Some closer some not as close (in friendship.)

UserPostedImage

Online Wade  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:40:21 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 645
Applause Received: 657

agreed. I could care less about the crap people collect. If I had my way we would all live without 3/4 of the stuff we have. and be far better off for it.

Hey, I happen to like collecting poker chips and fountain pens. So there. Big Grin

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline vikesrule  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:01:05 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Hey, I happen to like collecting poker chips and fountain pens. So there. Big Grin

You're a true polymath Wade. Big Grin

Online wpr  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:29:05 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

and you can. I just don't care if you do or don't. so there. Big Grin

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed