You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:46:23 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

Originally Posted by: El3ment380 Go to Quoted Post
I thought he met with his doctor on monday. I have been following this story everyday looking up nick collins on google hoping that he will return. He is one of my favorite players and one of the best safties we ever had.

Yes he got his result from the doctor already. latest update on nick was this:

Green Bay Packers FS Nick Collins (neck) is scheduled to travel to Green Bay next week to talk about his future with the team.

2012-04-03 09:00:01 | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

In the article this thread is based on, it says "sometime this month" so don't get ur hopes up that we hear anything about it before the draft.
call me Dan
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:02:21 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,743
Applause Received: 1,791

I think it may have been in the article posted, but I read the Packers will not make a decision until the end of the month of April. this month. After the draft. Which, ... makes sense.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 8:31:12 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Man....i wish they would let us know if he's coming back.
His health is first of course, but if he is cleared by the doctors and wants to play, i say let him play.
The problem he had was fixed, and if the docs say he's ok, he's probably in better shape and less likely to suffer a serious injury then he was before the injury.
UserPostedImage
Online TheKanataThrilla  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 8:50:48 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 99
Applause Received: 63

There is so much focus on the phyiscal of Nick's neck which I understand, but where is the questioning of how Nick will respond psychologically when faced with the nasty types of hits that a Safety is required to deliver. I want Nick back, but I am afraid the Nick we do get back will not be the one we are used to even if he is given guarantees that he is no more at risk than any other football player.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline DoddPower  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 9:17:24 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,458
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
There is so much focus on the phyiscal of Nick's neck which I understand, but where is the questioning of how Nick will respond psychologically when faced with the nasty types of hits that a Safety is required to deliver. I want Nick back, but I am afraid the Nick we do get back will not be the one we are used to even if he is given guarantees that he is no more at risk than any other football player.

Nick returning to form has been the biggest question mark to me. When thinking about it, however, I think it's possible. It will take some time, but it's certainly possible. NFL players are used to that kind of stuff and with enough training and conditioning (both mental and physical), I think he'll be OK.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 10:15:54 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post

I think after a few games, perhaps pre-season, and he feels fine the next morning ... he'll resume back to his old self. No question, it will take some time ... just how much time though?

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#22 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 10:31:02 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 472

Clearly Nick still has to make the team. This is even true of Aaron Rodgers. If ANY player goes out of the field and just flat out can't get it done, he will be replaced.

The topic at hand is, should Nick be forced to retire, even if he can still get it done? I say no. The doctor who did the surgery stands by his work, and has cleared Nick. To me, that says alot.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 10:52:13 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Clearly Nick still has to make the team. This is even true of Aaron Rodgers. If ANY player goes out of the field and just flat out can't get it done, he will be replaced.

The topic at hand is, should Nick be forced to retire, even if he can still get it done? I say no. The doctor who did the surgery stands by his work, and has cleared Nick. To me, that says alot.

That's not the topic. But, I'll roll with it.

If Nick Collins' doctor says he's no more at risk NOW than he was prior to the injury, his family wants him to play and the Packers doctors clear him ... he should most definitely have the choice to play or not.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 4/16/2012(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#24 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 3:00:58 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Nick returning to form has been the biggest question mark to me. When thinking about it, however, I think it's possible. It will take some time, but it's certainly possible. NFL players are used to that kind of stuff and with enough training and conditioning (both mental and physical), I think he'll be OK.

I've been thinking along these lines too. If the guy absolutely insists on playing, I'd rather it were with GB.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#25 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 3:52:54 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I agree, even though if it were my brother or son I would like to see him retire.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:18:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:59:41 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,190

I guess the draft will be an excellent indicator of what the Packers are thinking. The have Jennings and Levine lying in the weeds and I think they are high on both. Maybe Nick should come back and go on the PUP list to get back into football shape.

I believe it is a really poor draft for safeties.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:07:48 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 472

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I guess the draft will be an excellent indicator of what the Packers are thinking. The have Jennings and Levine lying in the weeds and I think they are high on both. Maybe Nick should come back and go on the PUP list to get back into football shape.

I believe it is a really poor draft for safeties.

As far as I'm concerned this looks like Ted Thompson gamesmanship. He just doesn't want other teams to know what he's gonna do.

I feel much better about Nick's situation now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:16:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Maybe Nick should come back and go on the PUP list to get back into football shape.

This is a good idea, but I think it would be better to get him some preseason action action. It's no secret he's been out of football for nearly a year by the time the first game comes around. I think more game action the better because physically he's probably fine, but mentally is going to be the biggest hurdle. And to hop that hurdle, it'll take more game time.

As far as I'm concerned this looks like Ted Thompson gamesmanship. He just doesn't want other teams to know what he's gonna do.

I wouldn't put it past Ted Thompson. I am leaning towards the belief that the Packers (if all doctors clear Nick Collins) they will retain his services. Nick Collins agent stated they are still waiting for more doctors input ... I can't help think they pretty much know all they need to and the Packers want to use the uncertainty as leverage to scare other teams into trading up in front of the Packers to take a Safety ... even though the Packers might not be interested since Nick Collins is (hypothetically) coming back.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:57:32 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Agreed.

I'd hate to play poker with Ted Thompson. He'd end up with my money, my credit cards, and my wedding ring and I'd be convinced I won the game.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 4/18/2012(UTC)