Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 8:09:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
So this person offers me a trade.

I can't accept it until today. The funny thing, the commissioner somehow got a similar trade and was able to accept it yesterday.

Loving the Yahoo! league. And thanks to said person who talked me into trading with him after I had sworn it off only to get me excited to screw me over. Mucho thanko's!

The somehow is the commissioner (shield4life) changed the trade deadline rules to help him get the trade.

You (shield4life) need to bench your team. What you did is wrong.

As I said before. The trade dead line was fine, because it was the same from week one. There shouldn't be such major changes like that or the waiver setting changed in the middle of the season.

The rules should be, set and forget.

Now you've changed them to help yourself. That's wrong.

Edit, this is a perfect example why I don't want PackersHome tied to ANYTHING unless I'm directly involved in its administration. This gives PackersHome a terrible name. Albeit no one really knows.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline dhazer  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:18:43 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 193

I totally agree that was complete BS, i have said before i hate commissioners that have to cheat to try and win their leagues, although he still don't stand a chance i could play my bench players and still beat him lol :P
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline The_Green_Ninja  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:15:14 PM(UTC)
The_Green_Ninja

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 27

Hehe... hey everyone, we might have room next year for the cool ESPN group :-D
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:59:49 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Are you guys talking about the trade that happened with me? You should know that trade sat around pending for quite a few days -- maybe a week, maybe even longer -- before it went through. There was nothing secret or under the table about it -- you all had public access to see the terms of the trade the entire time. Not only that, but I proposed literally dozens of different trades with other people in that interval, essentially giving away those exact same players at firestorm prices, but they were all denied.

As a matter of fact, I STILL have trades pending with some of you that you haven't got around to accepting or denying.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 12:32:16 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

First off now theres a difference between pending trade and a trade offer sitting there. Pending trade means the trade has been accepted which everyone can see and has a chance to vote to veto it (which none of us had a chance to do) and secondly i say BS on you saying you tried to trade others fairly. I sent you decent trade offers and you would send trade offers back trying to take my full team.

Zero gave the proof of th bs change of rules but whatever ill still kick everyones ass. I should take pride that people have to try and cheat to beat me but i plain by the rules.
UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 12:58:38 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I don't know if the deadline was changed. I'm saying I had nothing to do with that and there was nothing shady about the trade from my end. It was hanging out there for a long time.
UserPostedImage
Offline shield4life  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 1:19:54 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Deal I quit everyone ... I resign I will accept all kind of trades. So anyone needing any players feel free to send me anything.

I did do a mistake from my part. I accept my mistake and I'm also going switch the commissioner rights to Zero from now on.

Anyways it will be a Zero's league from now on.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline shield4life  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 1:23:59 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Zero take off your hidden e-mail option off so I can hand you the commissioner rights.

Should I bench - trade - drop players.

Which one will you guys want more?
Offline shield4life  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 1:29:08 AM(UTC)
shield4life

I just want to apologize for what I have done, really acted dumb.

I want to let nonstop know also that nope it's not your fault.

I'm really sorry everyone, specially to packershome for giving it a bad name.

I did a mistake, sorry hope you guys will forgive me :( . Didn't have any bad intentions.
Offline djcubez  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 2:01:26 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Are you guys talking about the trade that happened with me? You should know that trade sat around pending for quite a few days -- maybe a week, maybe even longer -- before it went through. There was nothing secret or under the table about it -- you all had public access to see the terms of the trade the entire time. Not only that, but I proposed literally dozens of different trades with other people in that interval, essentially giving away those exact same players at firestorm prices, but they were all denied.

As a matter of fact, I STILL have trades pending with some of you that you haven't got around to accepting or denying.

Yea but he still abused his rights as commissioner. I had some trades setup in the ESPN league that I wanted to approve but misread the time of the deadline. It's not like TGN would lift the deadline to let me go through with the trade and then put it back up, even though the trade was already initiated.

Shield4Life, I know nothing of the Yahoo league or what goes on in it but it's nice to see someone take blame when they know they did something wrong. Props to you for that.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 5:17:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

My beef is more with the drastic change of rules mid season than me getting screwed out of players, then someone else awarded players.

Dropping your players wouldn't be fair to those who don't have the option/time to pick them up. I think just benching your starters is satisfactory.

We all make mistakes. I'm just glad I didn't bet dhazer money like he wanted!! :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 5:20:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

You did have trades pending. Thing is, one of them was with me and I wad denied ability to accept the trade. What stopped me, he changed the rules so he could accept it. I even told you I was going to accept it, but then it said something about waiting til the players were finished playing their games so I had to wait til Tuesday. Yet, you went and threw another trade to someone else. It just so happened to be the someone else, controlled the rules and bent them in his favor.

We still had a trade, that very trade in fact in a proposal state. I still was not able to accept it, therefore it was declined.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 10:06:06 AM(UTC)
dhazer

easy fix just trade the players back and put no trades back, earlier in the year i had someone accept a trade by mistake ad i just traded him back
UserPostedImage

Rss Feed