Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:09:09 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,043

PackersHome name: Rockmolder
Real name (first only): Detlev Dimmitry (Both first names)
Current City: Nieuw Buinen, The Netherlands
Hometown: Nieuw Buinen, The Netherlands

1) How did you choose your screen name?

It actually came from when I used to play Guild Wars. It was the name of a boss there. When I quit playing, I kept using it after many unsuccesfull nicknames. Still not too happy with this one, but hey, it works.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I prefer not to. Nothing against you guys, though. Just dont want this all over the internet.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I used to play soccer from when I was 8 till about 14, I think. I started out as a striker and got scouted at a very young age. I was really homesick, though, and my parents didnt feel like I should invest that much time in football at such a young age. After that my play didnt progress that great, got moved to midfield and to the left-back after that. I was ok, I guess. Really enjoyed it, anyway.

I might actually pick up football next year, since theres a football club in the same town as my next school. Got to put some weight on, though. 150 LBS, 61.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Ill go a bit further back, since Im still in my teenage years. I really enjoyed going on vacation with the entire family. We used to go to an amusement park and a bungalow park on alternating years, if I recall correctly. That stopped when my parents split up and my grandma passed away though.

Have to mention a soccer moment as well. Winning a tournament and being the Co-MVP of the team was just a great feeling.

5) What was your first job?

I work at a supermarket. Began there when I was seventeen. I did help on my grandpas neighbours farm before that, but that isnt a real job, I guess.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

Thats a pretty funny story, actually. A distant friend of mine sent me NFL street. I didnt have the slightest clue what I was doing, but it was somewhat interesting. It kind off faded away after that again.

Quite a while later though, I was watching TV. Football usually does not get any broadcasting time here at all. For some reason though, a Dutch channel bought the broadcasting rights to the Seahawks Steelers Super Bowl. I think it was mainly to hype the Amsterdam Admirals a bit. Anyway, it aired in the middle of the night here, so I was lucky than I couldnt sleep. I watched the game, still not understanding a whole lot about it, but it was better than the 200 erotic adds. It sparked my interest in football, though.

Again, quite a while later, I was looking for a new game for my PS2. I saw ESPN NFL 2K5 for just 20 euros at the local gameshop. Remembering NFL street and the SB, I bought the game and started playing. I learned a lot about the game of football while playing. I started to take a liking to the Packers uniforms and the fact that they had a great QB (Favre), WR (Driver) and RB (Green) while not being a totally dominant team.

Maybe its not the greatest way to become a fan, but hey, I got there and Im a huge fan right now.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

Now, to take some credibility out of my historical arguments. I havent been watching full games since this year and I just started watching highlights since the 2007 season. The best real memory I have is the 2007 NFC Divisional play-off game, which I happened to catch on German TV. Grants rushing, Favres stumbling. It was pretty epic.

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

I found it while watching a stream. The stream kept getting stuck and someone gave a link to the PackersHome.com one. I started watching there and registered, as Z2C asked in the chat. (Still cant imagine that he didnt kick all of us). I started posting a little later on.

Now this is a clich answer, but the people mainly. I dont like huge forums. Theyre too impersonal. The perfect balance between humour, expertise and kindness. I consider quite a few people here to have become my friends. Even if we dont always agree on everything.

Another thing is how much Ive learned here and am still learning. Like mentioned before, the expertise is great. I didnt know diddly squat when I joined here. Made some great progress because of you guys.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

FC Groningen and PSV to a certain extent (Soccer). I watch basketball and baseball very rarely, but so far Ive taken a liking to the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Milwaukee Brewers. Cant say I really follow them, though.

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Working, Being at school, playing Madden, watching TV, going out, etc.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Being on the field as a defensive end and just sacking a QB would be an epic experience. Within the management, though, Id like to be the one calling the shots in the draft room once.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

0. A couple of miles are currently separating us. Ill get there once, though.

13) What is your worst fear?

Family members passing away.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

All kinds of sports, Gaming, watching drunk people make an ass out of themselves, discussing football.

15) Whats your favorite food?

Spare ribs. Nothing beats well prepared spare ribs.

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I havent travelled a lot. Furthest Ive gone is East-Germany and North-Belgium. I must say that I really liked Antwerp and Mechelen.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Play football myself. Go to Tokyo, Green Bay, Miami and/or Las Vegas.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Green Bay is awfully cold, but obviously has its perks. Miami would be pretty great. I have to say that Im not too unhappy over here in the Netherlands, though.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila I fell in love with the DE position when I saw him run up field, make that spin move and slam the QB to the ground. Great overall person as well, from what Ive seen. Much like the rest of my list.
Willie Davis
Donald Driver
Ahman Green
Bart Starr

20) Up to now, what is your favorite PackersHome memory or feature?

I think the way I was welcomed here. Everyone just responded in a kind way without even knowing me.

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

Its a shame that RP opted out, but we have another guy that shouldve been picked way earlier. ZombieSlayer.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:10:17 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,043

Good read... thanks for spending the time to put it together..

Glad to have you here.. mature well past your 18 years.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:16:44 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,891
Applause Received: 2,089

Good stuff. I am always most interesting in the PH related answers and how people found the place, their fav memory and of course the background of themselves is always intriguing.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:38:51 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 248

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Good stuff. I am always most interesting in the PH related answers and how people found the place, their fav memory and of course the background of themselves is always intriguing.

Wouldn't have been here if you wheren't such a softy in that chat. Everyone was jelling out for us to be kicked and you kept redirecting us to PackersHome. It was prety funny, really.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:50:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,891
Applause Received: 2,089

hah, that chat was the PH chat though lol
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:30:00 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 172
Applause Received: 374

GReat interview Rock!!!
GLAD to have you as "one of us!"

Oh....and here is a video of the PackersHome when 4packgirl joined here!
We accepted her with open arms!
(Thats Zero on the table with the loving cup)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:59:55 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Good read Detlev.

And as much as I hate to agree with pack93z, you are well beyond your biological age in maturity, wisdom and intelligence.
And your sense of humor is somewhat warped....I like that!

Nice to learn a little more about you my Dutch/Cheesehead friend.
Offline Formo  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:59:32 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Awesome read, Rocky.

It's very interesting to see/hear how a lot of Europeans become fans of NFL teams (PP.O has a few Viking fans that follow the NFL pretty closely, too.. Hell, last year, 2 of them make the trek to Minneapolis for a few games!)

GOOBLE GOBBLE!! lol Cheesey!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Rockmolder  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:14:04 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 248

Thanks for the great replies, guys. Makes me glad to see that someone took the time and read all of that. Went slightly overboard on some of the question, lol. And thank you for the compliments.

And Cheesey, never seen that before. Who has the honor of being the girl at 0:06?
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:19:40 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Thanks for the great replies, guys. Makes me glad to see that someone took the time and read all of that. Went slightly overboard on some of the question, lol. And thank you for the compliments.

And Cheesey, never seen that before. Who has the honor of being the girl at 0:06?

Thats not a girl...........thats "PolarGrizz", a Bears fan that used to come here. :thumbleft:

Formo.........."Gooble Gobble!!!"LOLOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:45:59 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 153
Applause Received: 124

GReat interview Rock!!!

well at least i'm the pretty one. :D

that whole thing was just disturbing! :pukeright:

edit: where are my manners?? i forgot about rock! :(

excellent interview, friend. :) nice getting to know you better.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:45:41 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Hey Illy!
That was from a movie called "Freaks", made back in i believe 1931. It was banned till not that long ago.
I saw it, and it was really interesting to see how people with dissabilities can do things. They have one man who has no arms or legs, and yet he could roll his own cigarettes and light them with a match. The girl with no arms can do almost any "normal" thing using her feet. It's dissturbing, yet uplifting to see how these people cope with it all.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:42:36 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

No problem, that's what this section is here for!

Also, great call on picking ZombieSlayer.. I'm shocked he wasn't choosen sooner..
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:29:24 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Quote:
I learned a lot about the game of football while playing. I started to take a liking to the Packers uniforms and the fact that they had a great QB (Favre), WR (Driver) and RB (Green) while not being a totally dominant team.

Maybe its not the greatest way to become a fan, but hey, I got there and Im a huge fan right now.

Nah, that's a great way to become a fan. I became a Wallie Payton fan because of Techmo Bowl. If you hit the button really fast, he broke tackles and he was downright awesome in the open field.

They didn't have the Packers in Techmo Bowl (they only had the good teams), so I'd play with da Bears, the Niners, or the Dolphins. I was all about Offense and those were the 3 most fun teams to play.

Quote:
15) Whats your favorite food?

Spare ribs. Nothing beats well prepared spare ribs.

Ah. Spare ribs. Haven't had them in months.
I think the next time I go out to eat, it will be spare ribs. :thumbright:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:32:22 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

GReat interview Rock!!!

Yikes. That movie gave me the creeps.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers