Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 5:38:59 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,891
Applause Received: 2,089

During the last several days you may have noticed the Chat (or ShoutBox) is being populated by Twitter Tweet's from a couple sources.

Do you like this addition?

What would you like changed/improved?
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Online DoddPower  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 5:49:39 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,959
Applause Received: 471

It might be better to have a separate section for a Twitter feed, kind of like Wordpress puts it to the side. That way the chat can be left for actual member chat, and a Twitter feed can be maintained. Just a suggestion.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/16/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 5:58:02 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,891
Applause Received: 2,089

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
It might be better to have a separate section for a Twitter feed, kind of like Wordpress puts it to the side. That way the chat can be left for actual member chat, and a Twitter feed can be maintained. Just a suggestion.


I've been working on creating a page with all the Packers players on a feed.

I kinda like having Wilde in the Chat because during the game he has great insight johnny on the spot.

Its been debated a few times if we should go back to a CMS layout. I just dunno.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 8/16/2013(UTC)
Online DoddPower  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 6:05:30 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,959
Applause Received: 471

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I've been working on creating a page with all the Packers players on a feed.

I kinda like having Wilde in the Chat because during the game he has great insight johnny on the spot.

Its been debated a few times if we should go back to a CMS layout. I just dunno.


Perhaps you could still have the twitter feed display on the side of the chat so that users can still chat in the chat room, but also still see the live Twitter update to the right or left? That sounds a little tricky, I know, but was just a thought. Or you could just leave it as is. I just dunno either.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 6:11:08 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,891
Applause Received: 2,089

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps you could still have the twitter feed display on the side of the chat so that users can still chat in the chat room, but also still see the live Twitter update to the right or left? That sounds a little tricky, I know, but was just a thought. Or you could just leave it as is. I just dunno either.



If we went back to a CMS layout with columns, the Twitter "block/module" could could behave similar to the Chat.

Middle/Main col - GameDay Chat - auto refresh with members chats.
Side col - Twitter - auto refresh of reporters/packers players.

The tricky part is me prying myself away from the current layout and designing a CMS layout and using user controls.
UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 9:39:41 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,892
Applause Received: 1,402

I like the tweets. I don't read all of them. They definitely add to the overall quality of the site.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:02:04 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,891
Applause Received: 2,089

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I like the tweets. I don't read all of them. They definitely add to the overall quality of the site.


I think we can add a module on the site for tweets. The Wilde tweets will probably stay in the shout. I like him.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:27:51 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 672

Count this geezer among those disliking the twitterization (or should I say the wilde-ization, given the most regular "poster") of shout.

Not that I was that regular a participant for shout, of course, but to find a PH member post to the shout, that post must almost be in CAPITAL OR EXTRA LARGE LETTERS OR EXTRA LARGE LETTERS IN BOLDFACED AND COLOR! to be heard over all the wildeness.

IMO FWIW

(geezer grumble)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Wade  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:29:26 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 672

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think we can add a module on the site for tweets. The Wilde tweets will probably stay in the shout. I like him.


Er, does Mrs. Colledge know you have shifted your affections? A t*** for a twit, so to speak?


And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:34:53 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,891
Applause Received: 2,089

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Count this geezer among those disliking the twitterization (or should I say the wilde-ization, given the most regular "poster") of shout.

Not that I was that regular a participant for shout, of course, but to find a PH member post to the shout, that post must almost be in CAPITAL OR EXTRA LARGE LETTERS OR EXTRA LARGE LETTERS IN BOLDFACED AND COLOR! to be heard over all the wildeness.

IMO FWIW

(geezer grumble)


You are right, it does clutter it up. It will be modified, just not sure as of when.
UserPostedImage
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.140 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
3m / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

1h / Random Babble / Pack93z

2h / Random Babble / musccy

2h / Random Babble / PackFanWithTwins

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Random Babble / wpr

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

12h / Super Bowl Talk / Smokey

12h / Welcome to our Community! / wpr

13h / Around The NFL / wpr

13h / Fantasy Sports Talk / wpr

15h / Welcome to our Community! / Smokey


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.