You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2013 2:59:06 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Kevin Seifert wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter makes two important points in this video report on Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, whose family is on the losing end of a 21-year legal fight with former partners in a real estate venture. Both points draw important distinctions between this case and the one involving current Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam. First, the case was based on civil rather than criminal law. Second, its duration means the NFL was fully aware of it when the Wilfs bought a controlling interest in the franchise in 2005.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline Wade  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:25:30 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 586

I venture there's not a billionaire in the world who hasn't been involved in major civil litigation more than once. It goes with the territory.

And, IMO, you don't make/keep billions without occasionally being "in the wrong" for such cases.

If the owners disciplined Wilf for his, the only team not disciplined would be the Packers. And (maybe) the Raiders, since their current ownership is relatively new to a good chunk of its wealth.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2013 8:09:16 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 935

Like I mentioned in the shout the other day, the relatively quiet training camp for the Vikes might get a bit more noisy with this coming to light.

It may or may not negatively affect the team on the field... but it certainly will not help them either.

Distractions.

PFTalk wrote:
The NFL doesn’t plan to take action in the wake of the civil fraud verdict against Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf. But Minnesota governor Mark Dayton apparently will.

According to KSTP-TV, Dayton is “deeply concerned” about a New Jersey judge’s findings of fraud committed by the Wilfs in a business transaction. The 21-year-old lawsuit arose from allegedly inaccurate financial accounting in connection with a partnership that built and maintained an apartment complex in New Jersey.

In the wake of the ruling, Dayton has urged a final review of the Vikings stadium deal to ensure that there was no fraud or other inappropriate business dealings.

“I would urge the [Stadium Authority] to have its legal counsel assure them and the people of Minnesota that all the representations made by the team and its owners are truthful and accurate,” Dayton said.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:46:57 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Florio begging for clicks again.

Dayton is concerned, and honestly it's not unwarranted. But there's not a whole lot he can do about it. Vikings have already commented saying that their funds for the deal will be 100% guaranteed. Thus, no need to worry. I don't blame Dayton and others to be diligent on this, but this is hardly a blip. Unless something comes to light that NO ONE knows about, this will be all but forgotten by the 2nd week of the season.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:49:09 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Like I mentioned in the shout the other day, the relatively quiet training camp for the Vikes might get a bit more noisy with this coming to light.

It may or may not negatively affect the team on the field... but it certainly will not help them either.

Distractions.

In my estimation, that this is the ONLY non-football related news coming out of TC for the Vikings is a great sign. I don't think this'll affect the team on-field in any way. I agree that it doesn't help.. but that's the nature of the beast.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:03:59 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 935

Still more muted drama for the Vikings.. again, probably has no effect on field this season.. if ever. But.....

Quote:
Vikings stadium faces final, unexpected hurdle

Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2013, 11:39 PM EDT

Last week’s civil verdict against Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf initially attracted attention because it flowed from a 21-year-old lawsuit. Ultimately, it could make it harder for the Vikings to escape their 31-year-old home.

Given that the litigation arose from allegedly inappropriate business practices committed by the Wilfs in an unrelated context, Governor Mark Dayton has urged the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Authority to make one final review of the stadium deal, to ensure that no chicanery occurred in the negotiations. And that’s precisely what the MSFA’s board is doing.

“Everybody is on high alert that this is going to be looked at under a fine microscope,” member Duane Benson said, via the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “The governor is not going to, nor are we going to, treat this lightly. A lot of legislators will be watching this very closely, as well we should.”

Technically, the stadium deal isn’t finalized. If a fine-toothed comb reveals issues or potential misrepresentations or other evidence of underhanded business practices, the agreement could potentially implode.

If actual or apparent proof of misconduct appears, it would indeed be proper to ask questions and to resolve any issues that arise. It would be improper, however, for the powers-that-be to use an unrelated lawsuit as cover to squeeze the Wilfs into reconfiguring a bargain about which some politicians may be having remorse.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:29:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:39:29 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

That would be funny in a sick and twisted sort of way if they stadium deal comes tumbling down. Personally I don't like the idea of another downtown stadium but I don't get a voice int he matter. My vote is for the unused land in St Paul. It will have to be cleaned up first and the infrastructure built I can't see anyone else using the land for a major project anytime soon.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:26:35 PM(UTC)
Formo

Florio reaching for clicks again.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:49:48 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Florio reaching for clicks again.

maybe so but doesn't make it untrue.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:04:54 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
maybe so but doesn't make it untrue.

Stretching or leaving out details of the truth does not equal untruth, no. But doesn't make it truth, either.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:09:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Stretching or leaving out details of the truth does not equal untruth, no. But doesn't make it truth, either.

Truth is, Ryan Longwell chose to retire a winner instead of a Viking.

IT MATTERS!!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 8/13/2013(UTC), SINCITYCHEEZE on 8/13/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 8/20/2013(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:24:13 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Truth is, Ryan Longwell chose to retire a winner instead of a Viking.

IT MATTERS!!

What a great substantial burn there, Kev. And, it was even on topic.
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:05:58 PM(UTC)
macbob

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 220

What a great substantial burn there, Kev. And, it was even on topic.

Jeremy-did you see the invite in the fantasy football section? You're late...
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:39:30 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 312

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
I venture there's not a billionaire in the world who hasn't been involved in major civil litigation more than once. It goes with the territory.

And, IMO, you don't make/keep billions without occasionally being "in the wrong" for such cases.

If the owners disciplined Wilf for his, the only team not disciplined would be the Packers. And (maybe) the Raiders, since their current ownership is relatively new to a good chunk of its wealth.

I am sure there are some Packers owners who have done much worse things than Wilf or Haslam have done. If you are going to claim to be an owner you have to be an owner.

I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Formo  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:29:21 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Jeremy-did you see the invite in the fantasy football section? You're late...

I did, when it was already too late. I couldn't log in for a few days for some reason. Kept getting an error. Seeing how the site has a new look, I'd venture a guess that is why.
UserPostedImage