You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wade  
#46 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 11:24:56 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Personally, I find Rodgers "he lied to me" a worse offense against propriety than anything Jennings has said. [see other thread]

But I'm weird.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#47 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 11:33:22 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 132
Applause Received: 197

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I can't agree with you at all. Of course honestly is better than dishonesty, but that doesn't mean a player, or any human, needs to give their OPINION on every single question that's asked. Brett Favre used to do that to some extent, too, and it was annoying. As has been said, the media will ask any and all questions, especially if a player/politician, etc. keeps answering them. However, if providing your opinion absolutely leads to no positive, and only negatives, what the hell is the point of doing so? I would say the exact same thing about any Packers player, or any politician, relative, or friend if they were doing the same things. For example, what benefit did Aaron Rodgers support of Ryan Braun bring? Sure, Rodgers felt that he was just being honest. So, in your opinion, I suppose you think that was a good thing. But in the long run, Rodgers just end up putting his foot in his mouth, and now has issues about betting his paycheck, speaking out strongly against the apparent truth, etc. Again, nothing positive, and only a pain in the ass for not only him, but his fans. That's just one example of an endless list in the NFL and beyond.

I understand occasionally a player will screw up and speak their mind. But to do it repeatedly just reeks of stupidly, bitterness, or just loving the attention. This has absolutely nothing to do with which team is better, necessarily. Even if the Vikings were obviously much better, nothing I said would change. Those two things aren't connected. In fact, it doesn't even really have anything to do with the games on Sunday, it's just personal gossip opinions that won't influence anything on Sundays, which is why they shouldn't be said in the first place. Feeding the media stories is just like feeding a fire gasoline or more wood; the more you feed it, the bigger it (the story, in this case) gets. If it's ignored, it eventually chokes out, and is non-existent. Obviously Jennings either doesn't get this, or wants to keep talking about his old team because he's butt hurt or loves the attention. In fact, if I was a head coach, I would insist that my players stop commenting about other players teams to the public. At best, it's unprofessional, and at worst, makes a player look like a petulant child.

Your logic is completely backwards, imo, and it seems you miss the underlying points, just as Jennings is, and just like Aaron Rodgers did with the Ryan Braun situation. It's just silly and pointless.

If you go on a media tour then it is your job to give the media something back. If we can start anywhere, let's go to the premise of the media tour itself. This is the Vikings new guy and everyone wanted a piece of him so he made the rounds at ESPN. So be mad that he went on the show to begin with not that he answered the questions he was asked honestly.

I am not a huge Jennings fan and I have NEVER enjoyed his interviews even when he was with the Packers, but I ain't going to get on his jock for him playing along with the media once he agreed. Imagine him just sitting there going to the first take desk and just feeding us a bunch of status quo... YAWN. That is not what makes good media... It makes for good documentaries.

If you people don't like it turn off ESPN and watch A Football Life instead.

Offline Pack93z  
#48 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 12:47:29 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 936

Long winded.. But Rodgers basically says "next question".

jsonline wrote:
However, Rodgers was asked about recent comments ex-Packers receiver Greg Jennings made about him. Jennings said that Rodgers was rarely criticized and needed to take more of the blame when it was warranted.

"You know what, to me, I'm concerned about the opinions of the guys in this locker room and the guys we have here," he said. "We have 90 guys right now and it's exciting to be one of the leaders of this team and I'm very confident in my style. I think the guys respond well to it.

"It's fun being the longest-tenured guy on the team and I've seen a lot and been around a lot and learned a lot of lessons. One of the lessons you learn is you can't control everything and you shouldn't worry too much about the things that are said outside the building. You worry about the opinions of your teammates and how they feel about you."

Edited by user Friday, July 26, 2013 1:13:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#49 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 12:56:43 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,457
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
If you go on a media tour then it is your job to give the media something back. If we can start anywhere, let's go to the premise of the media tour itself. This is the Vikings new guy and everyone wanted a piece of him so he made the rounds at ESPN. So be mad that he went on the show to begin with not that he answered the questions he was asked honestly.

I am not a huge Jennings fan and I have NEVER enjoyed his interviews even when he was with the Packers, but I ain't going to get on his jock for him playing along with the media once he agreed. Imagine him just sitting there going to the first take desk and just feeding us a bunch of status quo... YAWN. That is not what makes good media... It makes for good documentaries.

If you people don't like it turn off ESPN and watch A Football Life instead.

That's just silly. There are many, many other questions that Jennings could answer that have nothing to do with the Green Bay Packers, and especially Aaron Rodgers. I'm still not buying into your argument in the slightest. As Rodgers said, be concerned about the people inside your respective building. Commenting in detail on other teams, especially in a negative light, is in poor taste, unprofessional, and doesn't achieve anything positive most of the time. Players usually do it because they are bitter about something, have a vendetta, or just love attention. That seems to be the case with Jennings currently.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#50 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 2:14:26 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Okay if this is about taking sides then I understand backing our guy over theirs.

I put this under the title of "busting someone's chops" and it is a thing guys do a lot, I am around it quite a lot around my friends, and I have zero problem with it.

That's just me.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Formo on 7/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#51 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 2:40:18 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
That's just silly. There are many, many other questions that Jennings could answer that have nothing to do with the Green Bay Packers, and especially Aaron Rodgers. I'm still not buying into your argument in the slightest. As Rodgers said, be concerned about the people inside your respective building. Commenting in detail on other teams, especially in a negative light, is in poor taste, unprofessional, and doesn't achieve anything positive most of the time. Players usually do it because they are bitter about something, have a vendetta, or just love attention. That seems to be the case with Jennings currently.

So you are saying they gave him OPTIONS on what questions they were to ask him? Did they run him through a battery of questions pre-interview and did he green light ONLY the A-Rod questions? What are you even saying here?!

You guys keep missing the point, which is why I love this. At least one of y'all has a clue!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#52 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 2:55:21 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
So you are saying they gave him OPTIONS on what questions they were to ask him? Did they run him through a battery of questions pre-interview and did he green light ONLY the A-Rod questions? What are you even saying here?!

You guys keep missing the point, which is why I love this. At least one of y'all has a clue!

http://packershome.com/f...it-again.aspx#post251684

Show your boy Greg Jennings that post so he can learn how to handle questions about non teammates.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Formo  
#53 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 3:01:17 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
http://packershome.com/forum/yaf_postsm251684_Greg-Jennings-is-at-it-again.aspx#post251684

Show your boy Greg Jennings that post so he can learn how to handle questions about non teammates.

Jennings isn't the poster boy for the Vikings, nor is he the leader. A-Rod cleaned up his 'act' when it came to Jennings. Too bad, I was hoping for a war of words. This offseason is going by too slowly.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#54 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 3:17:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Jennings isn't the poster boy for the Vikings, nor is he the leader. A-Rod cleaned up his 'act' when it came to Jennings. Too bad, I was hoping for a war of words. This offseason is going by too slowly.

Packers hold "wars" on the field, not in the media.

UserPostedImage
wpr on 7/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#55 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 3:53:10 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Packers hold "wars" on the field, not in the media.

You take what you can get in the offseason, dummy. =P
UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#56 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 5:36:30 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

So did they ONLY ask him Aaron Rodgers / Green Bay Packers questions? Did he try to deflect answering those types of questions and refocus the interview? Players have most the control in interviews. They're not really "forced" to answer any questions, especially those that have nothing to do with the Vikings, which apparently you don't understand. Of course the media will pry for answers, but any intelligent person would easily understand that and be able to detect it and react accordingly. He could have still answered the questions, but not actually say much. Ted Thompson does it all the time. It's not that hard.

Again, I'm not necessarily saying Greg Jennings shouldn't have answered the questions. He's free to say any and all things he so chooses. It's America, right? People are allowed to act like dumb-asses. What I am saying is that answers like he gave reflect someone that is bitter, butt-hurt, has a personal vendetta against Rodgers/the Packers, or just loves media attention (or some combination of all). Regardless, it's not something I would want players of the team I follow doing (e.g. See Rodgers v. Ryan Braun), and I would do my best to prevent it as a coach.

I'm not missing the point, at all. Clearly, you are. My point is very straight-forward.

Craig Hennings needs some of this:

He Mad
Offline DoddPower  
#57 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 5:39:36 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Okay if this is about taking sides then I understand backing our guy over theirs.

I put this under the title of "busting someone's chops" and it is a thing guys do a lot, I am around it quite a lot around my friends, and I have zero problem with it.

That's just me.

Again, it has absolutely nothing to do with "taking sides." It annoys me just as much when players that I'm a fan of spout off to the media. Keep that shit between the parties that it concerns. The tabloid culture really annoys the hell out me, personally.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#58 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 5:49:30 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

I have always thought Jennings was a diva. I guess that is where part of the difference lies. I respected his talent. He was the best receiver on this team until I think Nelson started getting ahead of him. So what I am saying is that, for me, none of this has surprised me in the slightest. I expected it all the way.
Offline DoddPower  
#59 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:40:09 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

I have always thought Jennings was a diva. I guess that is where part of the difference lies. I respected his talent. He was the best receiver on this team until I think Nelson started getting ahead of him. So what I am saying is that, for me, none of this has surprised me in the slightest. I expected it all the way.

True, I guess I agree with you. I can't say I'm surprised, either. He's a rich man, a celebrity, a physical specimen, and people always are willing to listen to what he says. I get how things like this can happen, especially an inflated ego. I don't necessarily have a problem with Craig Jennings, but his comments are lame and disappointing. Fortunately, the coach pretty much called him out, as I expected. Hopefully he'll learn to just shut up. Redirect the questions to the Vikings football team, and the many developments that I'm sure are coming out of their camp. Leave other team's business to the other teams. His play on the field will speak louder than any gossip he could ever spew to the media. He's good, but neither he or the Vikings intimidate me, as a Packers fan, at all. At least until they get a better quarterback.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#60 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 5:33:21 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Frazier gets it.
Leslie Frazier wrote:
That’s not something that we’re high on, and he and I are going to talk before we practice [Saturday afternoon]. I’ve got to grab him. That’s not how we do things. We’ll talk. We’re going to talk about it. He has strong feelings regarding his former team, and that’s good. But there is a way to get that communicated, and we’ve got to sit down and he and I have got to talk a little bit.

Formo, doesn't.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 7/31/2013(UTC)