Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:37:15 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 348

Wanna Box? I'm just recovering from my concussion. Wife doesn't think it's funny that I took a flight off the front of a Nissan.
So I only have limited computer time till i'm better. I'm all she's got, so she's protective over me. She's had enough.
(Don't really blame her)

I got banged up pretty bad. My right knee is really bad. Had to see the doctor a couple days ago, and he's worried that I could get pneumonia because of the damage to my ribs and lung. The emergency room gave me coudiene (sp?) pain pills, and i'm allergic to it. Even though LJ TOLD them, they did it anyway.

So I ended up covered in hives from my neck to the tops of my feet. 3 days I suffered with that. It was so bad, I couldn't even fall asleep. Tried everything, Benadryl and all, and it didn't work. The hospital prescribed me some pills and that finally got rid of the hives.

The first 3 days after the accident, I was throwing upPuke and my head felt like I was hit with a baseball bat. BAD concussion. I'm still a little foggy.
Thank you to all that took the time to post in the thread that my wife started. She read them to me, and it helped lift my spirits.

Even though she's not comfortable using the computer, she did it for me.

The hospital sent me to a doctor that agreed to take my case, even though we don't have insurance. He checked me out, asked a bunch of questions, then asked me "Were you a passenger in the car, or the driver?" I said "Neither, I was walking and the woman hit me with HER car." He looked at me, his eyes widened, and he said "OH! OW!!!" He seemed to grasp more why I was so banged up.

I went back to the "scene of the crime". The blood spot is still on the pavement. It's about 15 inches by 13 inches. Quite a lot of blood. What surprised me was just how far I flew after she hit me. I walked it off, and it was 22 feet. Might not sound far, but it is when you are flying through the air. I was hit on my right side, and hit the ground on my left side. Ended up facing away from the car, laying on my right side. From the time I was hit till I found myself on the asphalt is a blur. I do remember looking to my right as I lay there, and seeing the blood puddling up. I couldn't move at all. The woman held a cloth on my head to try to stop it. It was a surreal feeling.

Funny thing is, the night before this happened, I kept having this feeling that I was gonna get hit by a car, REALLY weird.

Plus, my wife didn't want me to do the laundry that night, but I was stubborn and didn't want it piling up. Oh, and I was actually walking from my car to put the clothes in the dryer. I was carrying my car keys in one hand, a dryer sheet in the other. When I was on the ground, I remember seeing a piece of cloth on the ground with a lot of blood on it. It was days later when I realized it was the dryer sheet I had been carrying.

Oh, and a fuuny part also is, LJ ALWAYS says "be careful!" whenever I leave the house, and this was the FIRST time she didn't say it! So I told her it was HER fault! (Of course I was just kidding!Laughing ) But she didn't take it that way. She was pretty devastated. So moral is....listen to your wife!d'oh! Shame on you
I'm at McDonald's now. First time I've been on the computer for awhile.

I've been bed ridden a lot. My ONLY freedom was my being able to walk every day. It helped keep my blood sugar, blood pressure, and weight under control. Now I can hardly walk to the bathroom. The frustration is really getting to me.

LJ wants to get my fishing license so I can at least get outside and get some sun. She's a real trooper, but is having trouble dealing with me being hurt so bad. I had to talk her out of "hunting down" the person that hit me. Wanna Box?

It really bothered her that when she went to check out where I was hit that NO ONE bothered to clean up the blood. She showed me a picture she took with her cell phone.

I'm not feeling my "Cheesey self". I haven't been able to laugh since this all went down. I wonder if I ever will be "me" again.
Please don't expect too much from me right now.

I know that God has a reason for all this, I just wish I knew WHY I have to be going through it, on top of all the other stuff I already had going on.
Thanks again,
Alan
"Parole officer" (LAURIEJEAN) says my time is up! (Fact, she said it 2 paragraphs ago!) LOL!

Edited by moderator Monday, May 27, 2013 7:34:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
SINCITYCHEEZE on 5/27/2013(UTC), 4PackGirl on 5/28/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 7:36:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,023

Alan, you will always be you. There is not a chunk of steel that could change that. You take all the time you want, we are not going anywhere.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
SINCITYCHEEZE on 5/27/2013(UTC), Packerchick on 5/28/2013(UTC)
Offline Blitz  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 12:13:11 PM(UTC)
Blitz

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 16

Hopefully knocked some sense into ya. Next time listen to her when she tells ya something.

Now "Rub some dirt on it!" Expect you back in shape in time for regular season.

Here's to a full recovery:

Cheers
blank
Offline Formo  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 12:29:23 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Alan, get well soon! Sometime this summer my wife and I are hoping to visit some friends in Milwaukee. If we do, I would love to treat you and LJ to dinner somewhere nice. But I can't do that if you keep getting hit by things!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 4:50:32 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,824
Applause Received: 1,364

it is good to see you post again. Listen to the ol nag I mean LJ or she will hit you upside the head and drag you back to the parking lot. With you loss of memory you will believe her when she says you got hit by a car again.

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 6:25:21 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 638
Applause Received: 655

Alan,
Argh! That really sucks.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Just remember, it could be worse....you could have woken up as a Bears, Viking, or Cowboys fan.

Seriously, though, get well soon and take care of yourself.

Wade

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline yooperfan  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 8:40:18 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 539
Applause Received: 247

Cheesey,
You said there was a funny part: there was nothing funny about that disaster.
We, as a family of Packerbackers are just glad you are feeling better and back in the "home".
Try to break out once and awhile and let us know you are as cheesey as ever.Laughing

Best wishes,
Dave
Offline 4PackGirl  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:57:16 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 123

yay!!! my cheesey posted!!! ok dear friend, you listen to miss LJ, don't give her any crap, & get yourself better.

we miss you so much!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Packerchick  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:05:48 AM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 598
Applause Received: 27

Welcome back Cheesey, take your time in getting better. You should be back to your old cheesiness in no time, in time for the Packers to start again.
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 11:19:57 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

I'm still here. still having a lot of pain
in my right knee. and getting sharp pains
in my right hip joint. I can't help but wonder
what kind of damage is in there. plus
of course my ribs, which make it hard to sleep,
or even breathe.

then I got the bill in the mail for my "ride"
in the ambulance. $1100. an expensive
10 mile trip.

and my wife's schooling , which kept her
unemployment coming, was cancelled.

so it doesn't just rain, I get a damn Sunami.

Monday we have to set up another doctor
appointment for me.

oh, and lauriejean called that lawyer that hangs
around with Aaron Rodgers, you know,
the "one call, that's all" guy. he won't take
my case. I guess he won't lower himself
to take a piddly case like mine.

so I'll be spending the rest of today going
through the attorney letters I got in the mail
to see if anyone will help me.

if you believe in prayer, please do so for me
so I know what to do. it's bad enough being
in bad pain, then trying to figure out what
to do.
thank you!
Alan (cheesey)
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:38:32 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Pray
UserPostedImage
Offline rabidgopher04  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:16:40 AM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 110
Applause Received: 126

Welcome back, Cheesey. Try Habush Habush & Rottier. http://www.habush.com
Do you like bacon?
Offline Cheesey  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:29:47 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

my wife already tried them. it seems
that the lawyers that do the "big time"
TV ads only want the cases where they
can make the "big bucks".
oh....and I got my bill from the emergency
room. and it doesn't include any of the
other charges. JUST the ER. over 12 thousand
dollars.
I can't wrap my head around these numbers.

my wife always tried to keep up with
my health care bills, and would try to
keep me from worrying about them.
we were all caught up on all my past bills,
and now this happens.

she told me she had nightmares about
the mailbox coming alive and attacking her.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:43:26 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

some times it took my wife a year or two to get the simplest bill paid ... she always preferred I do the bills & manage but I would get so sick from the worry-- she's great at it though -- because of my illnesses she took over the bills. sad part is she would have the goofiest meanest dreams about the mail box being alive and not letting her in the door or out ... I'm sure there are many who could out rank the talk of money issues... nightmares of there own ... we had almost 2 whole months of no bill worries. That's over now. .. my wife lost a friendship of ten years with a guy 12 years older then her (he would take me golfing ) he just got tired of all the drama we seem to have. I'm tired of it myself. .. we don't prefer it but there it is --- while a distant relative of my wife has it all (money, property, home) and is mean and abuses his blessings and health. thanks for listening. if you feel you need to charge for listening send it to p.o.box so we can "file it" with our other bills! Alan

Edited by user Thursday, June 6, 2013 5:01:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:00:12 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Silenced howdy everything here is the same...I noticed I double posted --Oops! ..Bang Head the hit in the head kinda makes me goofy. I bet most would say brain damaged but now a days .. wife let me rest .. parked near by parking lot...she was resting - thinking - listening to her book - it was raining its her best weather (for her thyroid condition) she gets two cops hasseling her ..Confused that's not a good idea ..Sarcasm I tamed the savage beast. shes my protector .. Suicide the cop claimed she yelled at him, not her style .Blushing . but now she's in protective mode.. but almost had to get a collection up for her bail & that's her minding her own business on my behalf .. why can't I stop laughing .Flapper . guess My Bad! you would have to have been here.. she gives me space & still can't be left alone .. LOL

Edited by user Thursday, June 6, 2013 4:55:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed