Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Poll Question : Both statements are false. But which is a *worse* error?
Choice Votes Statistics
  "All terrorists are Muslims."
3
50 %
  "All Muslims are terrorists."
3
50 %
  Total 6 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#46 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2013 8:33:08 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
First of all, I have a helluva lot more respect for Dakota, misguided as he might be, than some idiot who tries to stifle a good honest discussion and who bad mouths Michelle Bachman and Sarah Palin.


See, that is where you got me all wrong. I don't hold any ill will or feelings towards Bachman nor Palin. Some people here, generally, hate them so it's why I used them as an analogy. You wanna lose respect for people bad mouthing those ladies, then look no further than the fellow you have been debating ever since you dove in the Random Babble/Back Alley forums.

And I'm hardly stifling any sort of debate. I just found this thread topic to be loaded and think anyone who feels a need to pick either side is nothing more than a goat.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Online texaspackerbacker  
#47 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2013 10:30:06 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,538
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
See, that is where you got me all wrong. I don't hold any ill will or feelings towards Bachman nor Palin. Some people here, generally, hate them so it's why I used them as an analogy. You wanna lose respect for people bad mouthing those ladies, then look no further than the fellow you have been debating ever since you dove in the Random Babble/Back Alley forums.
.


Your words, Formo: "Seriously, and y'all think Bachman/Palin said some crazy shit." They are what they are. If you say you've got nothing against Bachman/Palin, fine, I don't know what's in your head. I'm just going by your words. As for Dakota, my respect for him basically comes from the fact that at times, anyway - like if you poke him in the eye with a sharp enough stick hahaha, he will do some debating - which is what makes forums worthwhile IMO. Never mind the fact that he's wrong about 99 1/2% of the time. He and anybody else hating Bachman and/or Palin is showing serious symptoms of anti-Americanism, as both of them do a very good job of expressing and promoting strongly PRO-American positions - for which they get thoroughly and maliciously bad-mouthed by the America-hating assholes of the leftist mainstream media.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Online texaspackerbacker  
#48 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2013 11:33:48 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,538
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: wade Go to Quoted Post
Yes. Clausewitz had this bit nailed.


Yes. Thank you for this. I was trying to think of the passage in my earlier post, but couldn't remember where it was.]

Oh, pooh.

I understand the bit about not dressing provocatively [even though I tend to enjoy it when good looking women do so. Big Grin ]. But why should women not have short hair?



Agree 100% with point about organized religion.

I'd be interested in hearing sometime about your reason for not believing in a Trinity. Or anyone else's opinion, for that matter. [Anyone else interested in starting a new thread on such a topic?] I must admit that I have trouble getting my mind around the concept. Oh, I have no doubt that God might be triune (God's God, He can be an Octagon if He wants to be). And I do believe that He is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, all wrapped up in one "package". But not because I've reasoned my way to that conclusion, but only because I believe that is part of what I must be willing to take on faith.



Yep. Empire is an expensive proposition. Unless the empire is voluntarily assented to by its imperial subjects, its costs will invariably exceed its benefits. The projection of coercive power on an imperial scale is hugely expensive. Just ask Venice, Spain, Portugal, Holland, and Britain. Or Russia. Or the Ottomans. Or, for that matter, the empire of the Great Khan.

Every one of them eventually came up against the fact. The only reason the United States-as-empire continues is its domestic productive capacity. Empire is still a net drain on the American economy, just as it was for Britain long before 1953; but, like Britain for much of the century before Suez, it has had sufficient productive capacity to "cover" those costs.

The real question is whether the US economy is in a position akin to Britain in 1953 or akin to Britain in 1815. Thanks to its "winning" of the war against Napoleon, Britain's national debt c. 1815 was on the order of 225% of GDP (twice as big a burden as ours is today). Yet because it had the productive oomph of the Industrial Revolution, its economy handled that debt with relative ease. But by 1953, Britain found it could no longer do so, not if it wanted to do all the other things a modern social-democratic state wants to do, because it no longer had the productive ability to cover the net cost of empire, too.

My personal belief is that the USA today is far closer to the position of the Brits in 1953 than people realize. Despite our aging capital stock, and notwithstanding the downturn/stagnation of the last half-decade, we are still the most productive nation in human history. But we are so addicted to government-as-transfer-payment (another characteristic we share with the Britain of 1953), that a huge fraction of our economy is no longer devoted to productive activities but in simply transferring wealth from one pocket to another.


Regarding the trinity, it is a pagan/non-Biblical concept that crept into organized Christian teachings. The Holy Spirit is basically a force - an "it" rather than a "who" - the answer to the "how" questions about God's power and glory. "Holy Ghost" is basically a faulty translation.

Regarding empires, I say again, America has never had an empire unless you want to count Puerto Rico, Guam, and a couple other fairly insignificant possessions (my Philippine connections better not read that hahahaha). Empires generally are NOT "expensive". According to the practice of Mercantilism, the colonies exist to benefit the colonizing power. Of course, pervasive do-gooderism overruled anything like that for the very limited dabbling in colonialism the U.S. ever did. Britain, France, etc., though, absolutely thrived on that. The "expense" came in when their/our Cold War enemies enabled rebel groups to disrupt what had been a pretty much symbiotic situation. The succession of empires/dominant nations, therefore, did not take place because of expense or economics, but because of the loss of military dominance.

Regarding economics past and present, I'm not sure if the concept of a "reserve currency" existed in 1815, but the British pound certainly dominated to the extent that it was that at least in a de-facto sense. The extreme debt did not harm them then, just as it will not harm us now. By 1953, the sun had pretty much set on the British Empire and the dominance of the pound. Then and now, the dollar was king. That - and the dollar as the reserve currency - should continue indefinitely - as long as we are militarily dominant. Thus, any debt is just turned over and turned over ad infinitum - paid with dollars backed by our debt instruments - a BEAUTIFUL system hahahaha. The fact that we are no longer as productive a country is meaningless when we can acquire whatever we need with reserve currency dollars. Domestically, people can survive and thrive just as well or better in the distributive sector - working at Walmart - compared to production - working in a factory.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Formo  
#49 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2013 8:29:49 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Your words, Formo: "Seriously, and y'all think Bachman/Palin said some crazy shit." They are what they are. If you say you've got nothing against Bachman/Palin, fine, I don't know what's in your head. I'm just going by your words.


You are right.. that's EXACTLY what I said. Read it again, I didn't say "I thought Bachman/Palin said crazy shit". I said, "and Y'ALL think ..." Which you know means that I was talking about OTHER'S impressions of the Bachman/Palin words.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
As for Dakota, my respect for him basically comes from the fact that at times, anyway - like if you poke him in the eye with a sharp enough stick hahaha, he will do some debating - which is what makes forums worthwhile IMO. Never mind the fact that he's wrong about 99 1/2% of the time. He and anybody else hating Bachman and/or Palin is showing serious symptoms of anti-Americanism, as both of them do a very good job of expressing and promoting strongly PRO-American positions - for which they get thoroughly and maliciously bad-mouthed by the America-hating assholes of the leftist mainstream media.


I get your point here. I just don't find this particular topic and how it was presented as worthy of my time to debate, as I said, it was a loaded poll in the first place.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline DakotaT  
#50 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 6:20:10 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,265
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 623
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Your words, Formo: "Seriously, and y'all think Bachman/Palin said some crazy shit." They are what they are. If you say you've got nothing against Bachman/Palin, fine, I don't know what's in your head. I'm just going by your words. As for Dakota, my respect for him basically comes from the fact that at times, anyway - like if you poke him in the eye with a sharp enough stick hahaha, he will do some debating - which is what makes forums worthwhile IMO. Never mind the fact that he's wrong about 99 1/2% of the time. He and anybody else hating Bachman and/or Palin is showing serious symptoms of anti-Americanism, as both of them do a very good job of expressing and promoting strongly PRO-American positions - for which they get thoroughly and maliciously bad-mouthed by the America-hating assholes of the leftist mainstream media.


You really are a piece of work, Texas. You should write a book called: America, how I know it should be. You'd have a best seller, oh wait, rubes don't read books - they watch TV. Intelligent people see right through your load of bovine fecal matter. According to the last couple of elections, your way of thinking has gone by the wayside. Maybe the Republicans can rebound and save us all. Rolling On The Floor Laughing Oh wait, minorities know that the Republicans have been holding them down forever and won't vote for them; and not only holding them down - they know the Republicans hate their guts.

Ah shucks Texas - guess you'll have to watch your greatest nightmare come to fruition in your golden years - the rise of socialism. Just don't be too judgmental while you cash your Social Security check and abuse your Medicare.
UserPostedImage
Online texaspackerbacker  
#51 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:56:28 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,538
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: Dakotat Go to Quoted Post
You really are a piece of work, Texas. You should write a book called: America, how I know it should be. You'd have a best seller, oh wait, rubes don't read books - they watch TV. Intelligent people see right through your load of bovine fecal matter. According to the last couple of elections, your way of thinking has gone by the wayside. Maybe the Republicans can rebound and save us all. Rolling On The Floor Laughing Oh wait, minorities know that the Republicans have been holding them down forever and won't vote for them; and not only holding them down - they know the Republicans hate their guts.

Ah shucks Texas - guess you'll have to watch your greatest nightmare come to fruition in your golden years - the rise of socialism. Just don't be too judgmental while you cash your Social Security check and abuse your Medicare.


hahahaha Dakota, why are you so hung up on minorities? Near as I can detect, you aren't one ...... and of course, it ain't self-hate hahahaha. And socialism? You seem to think so highly of it - why? What they call socialism nowadays really ain't the real thing as Marx defined it anyway. Do you wish and hope for THAT? Or is the Nanny-state social programs the Obama gang are trying to ram through enough for you?

America as it SHOULD be ....... That wouldn't be very interesting to read because it would be too much like America as it IS hahahaha. I'm not really one of these people who says lets go back to the fifties, and certainly not the damn hippie infested sixties. Things are fairly fine from my perspective. The leftist destruction of America is more a matter of INTENT than anything else. Oh, they have made progress in the social/moral area - abortion, homosexual agenda, multi-culturalism, drug legalization, stuff like that, but even though I occasionally rant on some of those topics, when I sit right down and think about it, the shit that's happening really doesn't make much difference to me or other good normal Americans.

As for the electoral cycle, it tends to bounce around. You got a lot of know-nothing voters who are sickly under the influence of the damn leftist mainstream media and the equally damn leftist educational system - you might want to look in the mirror about that. You and several other younger posters in here really seem to have soaked up the shit those leftists put out - oh yeah, I know you're not a leftist hahahaha - you just think and say exactly what they have taught you to think and say - and just before they snap their fingers and bring you out of the trance, they say "remember, you are NOT a leftist" hahahaha. I don't know how much a prospective Republican president would change things. They're simply not gonna turn back the clock on this social/moral crap - as you have said in your own twisted way, the population has drifted too far, and there's not enough support for it - for whatever little difference it makes. The important items - defense/foreign policy and economics, I'm coming around to that point of view which I used to see as loony and conspiratorial - that SOMEBODY up there is pulling the strings - keeping the status quo pretty much the way things need to be - America on top. Call it the Zionist bankers, call it the insiders, call it the Iluminati, whatever. As I said earlier, leftist destruction of America is mostly about INTENT. I really am convinced that Obama personally and many of his extreme leftist buddies would like to see America dragged down, but it hasn't happened and it ain't gonna happen. They don't have the juice to do it (or is juice spelled Jews hahahaha?).

So yeah, I'll continue to take my Social Security - as the government injects that good debt-generated Keynesian money into the economy. I don't need Medicare because I've got the VA, and thankfully, I'm healthy as a horse and haven't needed to use either - probably because I ignore all of the shit put out by fat-ass Michelle and the nutrition Nazis. OK, let me go eat a dish of ice cream for breakfast now.

BTW, Dakota, an afterthought: you like to glorify good normal working-class Americans, and that's a fine thing, but how do you justify calling those same people "rubes"?

Edited by user Sunday, June 2, 2013 8:10:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Formo  
#52 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 8:51:20 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

lol Republicans have been holding down minorities forever?! You are ignorant or joking. Some of the biggest movements in civil rights have been bipartisan, and many lead by Republicans. Way to race bait, Dakota.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline DakotaT  
#53 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 9:11:41 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,265
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 623
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
lol Republicans have been holding down minorities forever?! You are ignorant or joking. Some of the biggest movements in civil rights have been bipartisan, and many lead by Republicans. Way to race bait, Dakota.


Race bait, I just call a spade a spade. The problem with all you clowns is you can't see the obvious flaws of those asshats you keep voting for. Palin and Bachman, great Americans with visions? Please, they are moronic Milf for the overindulged control freaks of this country. Those bumbling idiotic women don't even know the history of this country, and it is a sad state of affairs that they have become possible candidates for the presidency for that tired sad ass Grand Ole Party.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 6/4/2013(UTC)
Online texaspackerbacker  
#54 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 9:54:03 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,538
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: Dakotat Go to Quoted Post
Race bait, I just call a spade a spade. The problem with all you clowns is you can't see the obvious flaws of those asshats you keep voting for. Palin and Bachman, great Americans with visions? Please, they are moronic Milf for the overindulged control freaks of this country. Those bumbling idiotic women don't even know the history of this country, and it is a sad state of affairs that they have become possible candidates for the presidency for that tired sad ass Grand Ole Party.


MILFs huh? hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha You sure do have a way with abbreviations. Better be careful, Dakota. Only a leftist can get away with calling a spade a spade hahahaha - and of course, you're not one.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#55 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:17:06 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,265
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 623
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
MILFs huh? hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha You sure do have a way with abbreviations. Better be careful, Dakota. Only a leftist can get away with calling a spade a spade hahahaha - and of course, you're not one.



I knew the double meaning wouldn't get by you, Texas! Rolling Eyes But I'm quite certain it flew right over Formo's head.

Wade needs to be flogged for bringing up this stupid topic.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#56 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 7:09:06 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,879
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

A boofer is a not so nice term that a white man will call a black man . We called one another every name in the book, at the time, all the time. I guess the book has changed. It meant nothing, we were all boofers, there, regardless of actual color or heritage, and we all knew it, plus, we all had weapons and could kill one another if we got really pissed about such an inconsequential matter as race.


Ass end of the world... we felt... prison FAR more preferable than where we were...they were just WORDS... almost impossible to describe...

Go friggin' CAMPING for more than a few weeks and think about the words you could come up regarding your fellow campers, lol

So, again, not a nice term, but within the perspective of the time and place, not a terribly bad one,,, Answer, Texas?

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2013 8:05:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline Formo  
#57 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 8:33:36 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Race bait, I just call a spade a spade. The problem with all you clowns is you can't see the obvious flaws of those asshats you keep voting for. Palin and Bachman, great Americans with visions? Please, they are moronic Milf for the overindulged control freaks of this country. Those bumbling idiotic women don't even know the history of this country, and it is a sad state of affairs that they have become possible candidates for the presidency for that tired sad ass Grand Ole Party.


lol

More proof you are off your rocker. Someone should get you Life Alert.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Online texaspackerbacker  
#58 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 10:26:43 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,538
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 389
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
A boofer is a not so nice term that a white man will call a black man . We called one another every name in the book, at the time, all the time. I guess the book has changed. It meant nothing, we were all boofers, there, regardless of actual color or heritage, and we all knew it, plus, we all had weapons and could kill one another if we got really pissed about such an inconsequential matter as race.


Ass end of the world... we felt... prison FAR more preferable than where we were...they were just WORDS... almost impossible to describe...

Go friggin' CAMPING for more than a few weeks and think about the words you could come up regarding your fellow campers, lol

So, again, not a nice term, but within the perspective of the time and place, not a terribly bad one,,, Answer, Texas?


hahahaha OK I've heard "kefer" or something like that, but not boofer. I guess I'm just not up on racial terms.



Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Wade  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:21:21 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,768
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
You are right.. that's EXACTLY what I said. Read it again, I didn't say "I thought Bachman/Palin said crazy shit". I said, "and Y'ALL think ..." Which you know means that I was talking about OTHER'S impressions of the Bachman/Palin words.



I get your point here. I just don't find this particular topic and how it was presented as worthy of my time to debate, as I said, it was a loaded poll in the first place.


Clearly it was not a poll successful in making its intended point.

(Though the discussion has pointed out I need to rethink how I approach that part of the quant course.)

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline wpr  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:27:28 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,352
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,752
Applause Received: 1,321

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Clearly it was not a poll successful in making its intended point.

(Though the discussion has pointed out I need to rethink how I approach that part of the quant course.)



poor students. they have been crapped on for years before Wade realizes the error of his ways. Flapper
What else has he messed up on? Big Grin
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages«<2345>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

10m / Random Babble / texaspackerbacker

11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / StoicFire

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

31-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.