Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:44:43 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,256
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Nothing is worse than the pack of Neocon wolves that run around in Packerhome.

At least you guys don't have mountain lions roaming around 1/2 mile from your houses. I don't mind the coyotes, but mountain lions bring a little fear.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:07:11 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,528
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Isn't nature wonderful! Down here, the coyotes bring their packs up from the south and chow down on our welfare benefits.

Dulak, shame on you for trying to stir up anti-Muslim sentiment hahahaha.

Pack of Neocons, huh, Dakota? Seems like the Prime Example of that glorious species is mostly a Lone Wolf around here. What exactly is a "Neocon" anyway? Perhaps you could explain that.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:22:53 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,256
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Isn't nature wonderful! Down here, the coyotes bring their packs up from the south and chow down on our welfare benefits.

Dulak, shame on you for trying to stir up anti-Muslim sentiment hahahaha.

Pack of Neocons, huh, Dakota? Seems like the Prime Example of that glorious species is mostly a Lone Wolf around here. What exactly is a "Neocon" anyway? Perhaps you could explain that.


What once were normal conservative people that turned into psychopaths when the black man took office. You're all fucking nutz.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:34:00 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,528
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
What once were normal conservative people that turned into psychopaths when the black man took office. You're all fucking nutz.


Well, that lets me out - I was crazy long before that hahahahaha. Besides, I'm all for the idea of a black guy in the White House - as long as his name is Alan Keyes.

Actually, "Neocon" is what the Tea Party types call the more mainstream pragmatic conservatives. By that definition, I suppose I am closer than some, but not exactly either.

Dakota, seriously, you ought to consider what exactly you are for and against, then analyze exactly who strays the farthest and who comes the closest to your own views - assuming your attention span can handle something like that. You might just change your tune about leftists, even if you continue your unwarranted negativity about the good guys.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:02:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,256
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Texas, I actually believe in a lot of conservative values. The problem I have is that the people that currently represent the conservatives are nothing but the spoiled offspring of rich people, who I consider very clueless people, and hardly hard working people that earned their life. The Dubya Bush era was the final straw for me. Bankrupting our country to finish off Daddy's fuckup is something I cannot forgive.

When the conservatives actually start picking men or women that represent middle class conservative values in Washington, and not just giving tax breaks to the wealthy, I'll consider voting for them again. Putting up a man like Mittens Romney as the nominee for the Republicans was appalling. You realize in my personal life I am a union millwright, a business owner, and in the winter for shits and giggles, I do taxes for an accounting firm. I'm about as diversified politically as it gets. I will always have conflicts in how I vote. But I just can't blindly follow the Republican party because I am a relatively conservative person. I find so much wrong with their agenda, because they are hardly the "good guys". We are all the good guys who are being taken advantage of.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:03:03 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,661
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,842
Applause Received: 1,997

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Nothing is worse than the pack of Neocon wolves that run around in Packerhome.

At least you guys don't have mountain lions roaming around 1/2 mile from your houses. I don't mind the coyotes, but mountain lions bring a little fear.


Packerhome.com is available for almost $2,000.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:23:45 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,256
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Packerhome.com is available for almost $2,000.


Right now it's free, and no responsibility. But we love you man.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:00:27 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Texas, I actually believe in a lot of conservative values. The problem I have is that the people that currently represent the conservatives are nothing but the spoiled offspring of rich people, who I consider very clueless people, and hardly hard working people that earned their life. The Dubya Bush era was the final straw for me. Bankrupting our country to finish off Daddy's fuckup is something I cannot forgive.

When the conservatives actually start picking men or women that represent middle class conservative values in Washington, and not just giving tax breaks to the wealthy, I'll consider voting for them again. Putting up a man like Mittens Romney as the nominee for the Republicans was appalling.
You realize in my personal life I am a union millwright, a business owner, and in the winter for shits and giggles, I do taxes for an accounting firm. I'm about as diversified politically as it gets. I will always have conflicts in how I vote. But I just can't blindly follow the Republican party because I am a relatively conservative person. I find so much wrong with their agenda, because they are hardly the "good guys". We are all the good guys who are being taken advantage of.


Bolded the parts where I absolutely agree with you.

Holy shit. We agree on something politically?!

Stop the planet, I want off!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:36:04 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,528
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Texas, I actually believe in a lot of conservative values. The problem I have is that the people that currently represent the conservatives are nothing but the spoiled offspring of rich people, who I consider very clueless people, and hardly hard working people that earned their life. The Dubya Bush era was the final straw for me. Bankrupting our country to finish off Daddy's fuckup is something I cannot forgive.

When the conservatives actually start picking men or women that represent middle class conservative values in Washington, and not just giving tax breaks to the wealthy, I'll consider voting for them again. Putting up a man like Mittens Romney as the nominee for the Republicans was appalling. You realize in my personal life I am a union millwright, a business owner, and in the winter for shits and giggles, I do taxes for an accounting firm. I'm about as diversified politically as it gets. I will always have conflicts in how I vote. But I just can't blindly follow the Republican party because I am a relatively conservative person. I find so much wrong with their agenda, because they are hardly the "good guys". We are all the good guys who are being taken advantage of.


OMG I actually agree with some of what you wrote also hahaha. what's the world coming to? Back in the day, there was a guy named Everett Dirksen, Republican Senator from Illinois. To me, he represented exactly what was wrong with Republicans - which is pretty much the same stuff you described - completely beholding to the rich instead of what I call Good Normal Americans. I too have a union background, although it was not me but my father - a member of the UAW, working for General Motors for 37 years. I have a lot of respect for unions in terms of what they did for working class Americans, but even as a kid, I would read "Solidarity", the UAW newspaper, and then I would go to the barber shop or wherever and hear the true views of those union workers, and it was absolutely astounding how wonderful and pro-American and common sense conservative and yes, I suppose even racist in a matter of fact kind of way those guys were - in stark contrast to the vile left wing propaganda put out by their union leadership, and it damn well still is the same way. Eastern elitist dilettantes penning leftist CRAP to propagandize those good hearted sensible working people. Ronald Reagan found a way to overcome that and win the votes of those guys, but both Bushes and most other Republicans before and after have indeed been the way you describe. I have been wracking my brain trying to think of a present day conservative prospect who is the exception to the stuff you say. For me, the pro-American views - strong military, interventionist foreign policy, most social moral issues, etc. are enough for me to hold my nose and support them even though they are hopelessly pawns of the rich. Obviously, for you, that isn't enough. How about Rubio? He certainly doesn't fit the spoiled son of a rich guy stereotype, or Ted Cruz either or even Sarah Palin, although the media has thoroughly messed up any chance she would have had.

OK, you did a good job explaining why you don't support Republicans/conservatives. Now tell me why you don't come down about a hundred times harder on the leftists. Yeah, I know about the Obamacare thing, but basically, other than that, they are the worst of the worst on every issue you seem to care about and much much worse on what I consider most important, keeping America on top in the world. I really think Obama in particular has an agenda - his real goal is to drag America down - and THAT really is TREASONOUS, unlike the troublesome but not life-changing Republican thing of favoring the rich. As long as we stay on top, there is plenty of good life for everybody, never mind that some of the pigs consider themselves more equal than the others. But if the Obama types get there way, we really do ALL go down - rich, poor, middle, working classes alike.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:58:52 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,256
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post


OK, you did a good job explaining why you don't support Republicans/conservatives. Now tell me why you don't come down about a hundred times harder on the leftists. Yeah, I know about the Obamacare thing, but basically, other than that, they are the worst of the worst on every issue you seem to care about and much much worse on what I consider most important, keeping America on top in the world. I really think Obama in particular has an agenda - his real goal is to drag America down - and THAT really is TREASONOUS, unlike the troublesome but not life-changing Republican thing of favoring the rich. As long as we stay on top, there is plenty of good life for everybody, never mind that some of the pigs consider themselves more equal than the others. But if the Obama types get there way, we really do ALL go down - rich, poor, middle, working classes alike.



You guys beat him up enough, I don't really need to pile on. I don't like the fact that he seems to be just as much of a war monger as his predecessor. I also don't like the fact that he gave up very quickly on his message of evening the playing field. See I don't look at taxing the wealthy as a Robinhood tax system, because in the process of becoming wealthy, they cut a lot of corners and use and step on a lot of little people in obtaining their wealth. Taxing them at the high rates keeps things regulated. I wanted to see Barry get tough on the corporate loopholes and make corporations repatriate all their foreign activity to the United States of America - and he has failed miserably at that.

I do not believe in the current welfare system. Abled bodied people should work. Unfortunately, the good jobs were shipped overseas by the Romneys of the world - which is treasonous. And the spoiled American worker is not going to do the $10 an hour jobs to survive, when they can get welfare. Fixing the things wrong in this country are not that difficult, but they certainly become difficult with the inept politicians we keep electing making guiding us.

As for Marco Rubio, I really don't know that much about him, but that infamous drink of water speech he made didn't leave me very impressed. He seemed to be another lacky spewing the same old agenda I've been turned away from.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:02:20 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,256
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Bolded the parts where I absolutely agree with you.

Holy shit. We agree on something politically?!

Stop the planet, I want off!


STFU, the adults are talking, dumbass. You just don't want to pay taxes. We know what your political views are. Big Grin

BTW, if the Vikings ask goat roper if will take a pay cut, he's out the first door. Saw that on NFL network. I bet he wants to come play for the Packers.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:26:17 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,528
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
You guys beat him up enough, I don't really need to pile on. I don't like the fact that he seems to be just as much of a war monger as his predecessor. I also don't like the fact that he gave up very quickly on his message of evening the playing field. See I don't look at taxing the wealthy as a Robinhood tax system, because in the process of becoming wealthy, they cut a lot of corners and use and step on a lot of little people in obtaining their wealth. Taxing them at the high rates keeps things regulated. I wanted to see Barry get tough on the corporate loopholes and make corporations repatriate all their foreign activity to the United States of America - and he has failed miserably at that.

I do not believe in the current welfare system. Abled bodied people should work. Unfortunately, the good jobs were shipped overseas by the Romneys of the world - which is treasonous. And the spoiled American worker is not going to do the $10 an hour jobs to survive, when they can get welfare. Fixing the things wrong in this country are not that difficult, but they certainly become difficult with the inept politicians we keep electing making guiding us.

As for Marco Rubio, I really don't know that much about him, but that infamous drink of water speech he made didn't leave me very impressed. He seemed to be another lacky spewing the same old agenda I've been turned away from.


I'll try to make this quick, as I'm getting sleepy. You may not know, but at age 66, I still have a job - limited so I don't make too much and jeopardize my Social Security hahahaha, but I just got 2 hours sleep last night after delivering weekly newspapers most of the night on Fort Hood.

Bad as outsourcing seems or actually is, it isn't treasonous. Americans are doing just fine - typically making more money working in Walmart on an easy job than busting their ass in a foundry or whatever.

You do know, right, that corporate taxes are just passed on to consumers? And that they put American companies at a competitive disadvantage with foreign producers - enabling exactly what you described with Romney and business people like that? And "keeping them regulated" just amounts to unnecessary hassles that end up costing all of us money and not doing any good.

I'm not that thrilled with Rubio either, I guess, but he was the best I could do on short notice. What we really need is a good George Wallace kind of guy, minus the racism. I suppose you are too young even to remember him.



Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 4:45:49 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,661
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,842
Applause Received: 1,997

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Right now it's free, and no responsibility. But we love you man.


Congratulations!

packerhome.com is a Premium Domain Name and is available for $1,988.00*

Need help? Call us 24/7 at (480) 366-3343



See, it is not free.



UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 5:19:03 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,752
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

I can summarize this and almost all political threads in a little over a sentence on current issues.

Neither party is in it for the people any longer, it is about funding, party control and re-election. Any actions either party takes is either public relations to gather more funds or damage control to retain said funds.

We the people beating each other up in defense of either party is playing into their hands, nothing more.

Until we the people retake control of the process and remove the power from a corrupt two party system, progress will be fleeting.

Yet, here we sit, like most of America, trying to play the party lines. Defeating.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
yooperfan on 5/24/2013(UTC), SINCITYCHEEZE on 5/24/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:06:29 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,256
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I'll try to make this quick, as I'm getting sleepy. You may not know, but at age 66, I still have a job - limited so I don't make too much and jeopardize my Social Security hahahaha, but I just got 2 hours sleep last night after delivering weekly newspapers most of the night on Fort Hood.

Bad as outsourcing seems or actually is, it isn't treasonous. Americans are doing just fine - typically making more money working in Walmart on an easy job than busting their ass in a foundry or whatever.

You do know, right, that corporate taxes are just passed on to consumers? And that they put American companies at a competitive disadvantage with foreign producers - enabling exactly what you described with Romney and business people like that? And "keeping them regulated" just amounts to unnecessary hassles that end up costing all of us money and not doing any good.

I'm not that thrilled with Rubio either, I guess, but he was the best I could do on short notice. What we really need is a good George Wallace kind of guy, minus the racism. I suppose you are too young even to remember him.





Corporate taxes are not passed on to the consumer, corporate taxes reduce the bottom line profits and return to the shareholders - which is investment income at the individual level, taxed at a lower rate - then working income. So no, I don't see the evil in corporate taxes like the blind sheep do. What I see at the corporate tax level is a lot unethical practice and denying the American government the funding it needs to for domestic improvements. What is passed on to the consumer is ridiculous prices for lousy goods, so that the officers and major shareholders of a corporation keep getting by with looting the customers. It goes along with my whole guillotine argument.

I know who Governor Wallace was. I'm not as young as you may think. I'm not a novelist like Wade, so my posts most of the time are short due to pure laziness. If I tell you that you're full of shit, I usually have a long speech somewhere wandering around in my mind - just don't feel like taking the time to type it out. Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

6m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

55m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Announcements / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

10h / Fantasy Sports Talk / TengoJuego

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

13h / Announcements / dfosterf

14h / Random Babble / MontanaBob

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

29-Jul / Random Babble / porky88

29-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

29-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.