Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:59:09 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 77

ProFootballTalk wrote:
Charles Woodson is heading back to the team that drafted him. Woodson and the Raiders have agreed to terms on a one-year contract, Jay Glazer of FOX Sports first reported and the Raiders later confirmed. The move comes as no surprise, as Woodson had visited Oakland and the Raiders were one of the few teams
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:05:43 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

ProFootballTalk wrote:
Yes, Charles Woodson has returned to the Raiders.  The next question becomes how many million reasons they gave him to do it. According to Josina Anderson of ESPN, Woodson's agent, Carl Poston, said that the 1997 Heisman winner's one-year deal is worth a "max' of $4.3 million, which includes a $700,000 signing bonus. The maximum
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:11:13 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

LombardiAve wrote:
After three months of inaction, frustration and sitting around waiting for the phone to ring, former Green Bay Packers CB/S Charles Woodson is heading back to the team with which he started his pro career — the Oakland Raiders. NFL.com's Ian Rappaport reported the details of the deal: On Charles Woodson's new deal with #Raiders: [...]
UserPostedImage
Offline brandland  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:55:40 PM(UTC)
brandland

United States

Applause Given: 10
Applause Received: 11

i wish sir charles all the best. i also feel relieved we dont have to face him this year unless the raiders make the super bowl lol
Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:57:42 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,304
Applause Received: 577

Hope he gets that all time pick six record!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline yooperfan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:07:39 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 524
Applause Received: 243

I feel bad that he will in all likelyhood go into the Hall of fame as a Raider not A Packer.
Offline OlHoss1884  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:04:58 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 143

The football HOF doesn'tuse caps the way that the baseball HOF does so it isn't really an issue. I just hope he has a decent year because I would hate to think of him going out like Emmitt Smith or Orlando Pace did...looking terrible and hanging on desperately when it was clear it was over.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline OlHoss1884  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:12:42 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 143

This is a good move bythe raiders. He's an upgrade over their current roster, and for a team with little talent and $49 million in dead money on the books, he isn't tying up cap space beyond the one year. I don't think they see him as a part of things going forward, but unlike a lot of past bad moves, this doesn't cripple their rebuilding in what I think they already know is a lost year. Same with Flynn, to be honest...lots of good QB prospects in next years draft and I think they know they will be picking early again, so why give up the farm for an expensive FA when you can put in a stop-gap for now when you lack the talent to even challenge .500?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:18:47 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,751
Applause Received: 1,319

good luck Sir Charles. get the record.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:23:14 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,845
Applause Received: 2,001

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
I feel bad that he will in all likelyhood go into the Hall of fame as a Raider not A Packer.

This sentiment is why I was hoping he'd land on the Broncos or Lions. He'll go into the Hall of Fame as Charles Woodson and his bust will have the teams he played for listed, which is obvious, everyone knows this and doesn't need to be told. But I was pulling for Broncos or Lions because I could see the Packers being forgotten by Woodson. Sounds silly and innocuous, especially considering the Packers helped him to the only Super Bowl victory of his career. However, the more I think about it, the more I think the Radiers were probably the best fit for him to finish.

I wonder if Tracy Porter or Mike Jenkins will give up 24 or 21 for Woodson lol

Edited by user Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:21:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:28:23 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
This is why I was hoping he'd land on the Broncos or Lions.

it won't matter. see ol hoss above.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:17:56 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
This sentiment is why I was hoping he'd land on the Broncos or Lions. He'll go into the Hall of Fame as Charles Woodson and his bust will have the teams he played for listed, which is obvious, everyone knows this and doesn't need to be told. But I was pulling for Broncos or Lions because I could see the Packers being forgotten by Woodson. Sounds silly and innocuous, especially considering the Pcakers helped him to the only Super Bowl victory of his career. However, the more I think about it, the more I think the Radiers were probably the best fit for him to finish.

I understand this sentiment as I more or less feel the same way.

UserPostedImage

Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:30:25 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

LombardiAve wrote:
With the announcement that Charles Woodson signed with the Oakland Raiders today, the outpouring of sentiments was strong, both good and bad — especially on Twitter tonight. With that in mind, we've put together some of the tweets to and about Woodson for your review. We hope for the best, Sir Charles. Others, but not [...]
UserPostedImage
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:02:51 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 125
Applause Received: 85

Hard to read some of the fans posts and not laugh. He went to Oakland and not Denver because Oakland is paying him more money. They will sell it as his "coming home" blah blah bullshit. I'm not in his shoes, but I really don't understand the point in taking the money at this stage of the game. No doubt agents and union reps would disagree with that sentiment, but a second ring sure helps his cause for the HOF rather than having Peyton Manning embarrass his ass and the rest of the shoddy Oakland pass defence.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:14:27 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
Hard to read some of the fans posts and not laugh. He went to Oakland and not Denver because Oakland is paying him more money. They will sell it as his "coming home" blah blah bullshit. I'm not in his shoes, but I really don't understand the point in taking the money at this stage of the game. No doubt agents and union reps would disagree with that sentiment, but a second ring sure helps his cause for the HOF rather than having Peyton Manning embarrass his ass and the rest of the shoddy Oakland pass defence.

If you are at the very end of your career and the offer is near vet minimum for no sure thing v. a cool $4.3M, you wouldn't take the latter? He already won a SB and he will be in the HOF.

Charles Woodson is a business man who understands the value of a dollar. There are a lot of those with this deal, one that places him right in the middle of his (backyard) Napa Valley TwentyFour vineyard...

Woodson also knows the odds of landing a 2nd ring. They are taller than we might think.

You're right that this was all about the money, and a sound business decision. I wish him well.
Rss Feed