Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 7:00:45 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,383
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
PREDICTION: We will have one of the best offenses in the NFL yet again and some fans will continue to come up with bogus reasons to cry about it.

PREDICTION: We will have one of the best offenses OF ALL TIME. And yet still underperform. Particularly in crunch time.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Porforis  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 7:24:42 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
PREDICTION: We will have one of the best offenses OF ALL TIME. And yet still underperform. Particularly in crunch time.

And going from a top-20 rush attempt team to a top-10 rush attempt team will magically make us better in the playoffs. And better RBs are going to go a long ways towards making our rushing attack better if our O line doesn't get upgraded, because better RBs can teleport through their own linemen being pushed backwards.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#18 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 5:28:26 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 404
Applause Received: 233

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
PREDICTION: Defenses will let us run all we want, because they know we don't want to run. They know we only drafted these RBs to draw the safeties up. They know that if they keep the safeties deep, we'll throw deep anyway.

This is true. The questions is, how do the Packers then react to what the defense does? No matter how much improved our running game is, we're talking about Aaron Rodgers, the best player in the NFL. You don't just go all in to stop the run and let him go on a rampage. The key for the Packers will be to adjust on the run - see what the D is trying to take away, and go the other direction. It really has always been that way; The difference is that now we should have a running game with some credibility, assuming they sit back to stop the pass - then identify when the time is right to go play action or screen or whatever. It still is gonna take decent line blocking, though. Hopefully we will get at least adequate performance in that area.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
OlHoss1884 on 5/21/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:57:20 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

What I like seeing is the influx of RB talent is so great that McCarthy will have to commit more to running the ball, and doing so more effectively.

Added talent here, and on our OL will change what defenses do against us, completely opening up play action and deep patterns. Rodgers, running this offense, will have so many more options, better options available to him. This should be great fun to watch as fans.

Now, what that will do to what I consider to be a much improved defense... Wow.

In theory, this all looks really great. We'll have to see how McCarthy uses all of these great tools to his best advantage. If we can stay healthy this could be a very special year.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:16:30 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 404
Applause Received: 233

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
What I like seeing is the influx of RB talent is so great that McCarthy will have to commit more to running the ball, and doing so more effectively.

Added talent here, and on our OL will change what defenses do against us, completely opening up play action and deep patterns. Rodgers, running this offense, will have so many more options, better options available to him. This should be great fun to watch as fans.

Now, what that will do to what I consider to be a much improved defense... Wow.

In theory, this all looks really great. We'll have to see how McCarthy uses all of these great tools to his best advantage. If we can stay healthy this could be a very special year.

You see it; I see it; Probably almost all of us here see the Packers as vastly improved and the best bet to go all the way in 2013. It will be very interesting, however, when the talking heads/the so-called experts around the country start making their rankings and predictions.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Rss Feed