Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline OlHoss1884  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:26:31 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 142

So it looks like Pickett Raji and Jones get pencilled in as the starters, and I have heard Worthy might be PUP to start the year. I have a good feeling about Jolly, to be honest, and Neal should be good to go as well. That outs Daniels, Wilson Boyd and Miller in the mix for 2 spots? I don't see carrying more than 6 D-Line.

If Neal is 100% and Jolly can still play (I think he can) then I see the Line as a position of strength, and I think with more rotation, Raji and Pickett will both play better.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Sponsor
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:54:07 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,303
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
So it looks like Pickett Raji and Jones get pencilled in as the starters, and I have heard Worthy might be PUP to start the year. I have a good feeling about Jolly, to be honest, and Neal should be good to go as well. That outs Daniels, Wilson Boyd and Miller in the mix for 2 spots? I don't see carrying more than 6 D-Line.

If Neal is 100% and Jolly can still play (I think he can) then I see the Line as a position of strength, and I think with more rotation, Raji and Pickett will both play better.

It's a position of depth. They have to prove their strengths.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Laser Gunns  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:57:14 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 218

If we really are committed to getting bigger and stronger than I think Danials ( despite his flashes last year) does not make the team.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline greengold  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:00:14 PM(UTC)
greengold

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 7

I have penciled in Raji, Pickett, D.Jones, Daniels, Neal, and C.J.Wilson for my 6. Hopefully they can stash Peňa and Boyd on the practice squad and Worthy on IR.

I think Jolly and Miller have an uphill climb, but, that's why we have training camp and preseason to evaluate! Wanna Box?
Offline go.pack.go.  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:42:03 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

Plenty of depth there. It'd be nice if we could keep them all. But I guess this is a good problem to have. Hope the coaching staff makes the right decisions.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:43:14 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,303
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. Go to Quoted Post
Plenty of depth there. It'd be nice if we could keep them all. But I guess this is a good problem to have. Hope the coaching staff makes the right decisions.

There'll be an injury or two. It'll sort itself out.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:21:28 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post

Good Analysis.

This position has gone from crap to significant chance of very good - kinda like RB.

I also tend to favor Neal as fourth in the rotation, and I have a good (although unwarranted) feeling about Jolly. Daniels hustles, but all the weight room stuff ain't gonna make him taller. Boyd probably is the future big body. I never cared much for Wilson. Miller hadn't even crossed my mind. So what you said with Daniels and Boyd getting the final two spots.

As Nerdman said, injuries could have a lot to do with it also.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:45:08 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 300
Applause Received: 366

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
If we really are committed to getting bigger and stronger than I think Danials ( despite his flashes last year) does not make the team.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Daniels certainly hustles on every play but seems a little on the small side to be a run stuffer and I'm not sure he brings enough to the pass rush. It seems like everyone on the DL excels at one thing more than another. Daniels doesn't seem to excel at anything at the moment (could change come TC)

Originally Posted by: greengold Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully they can stash Peňa and Boyd on the practice squad and Worthy on IR.Wanna Box?

The thing with Pena is, at age 26 would it be worth putting him on the PS to develop for a year? Seems a little old for a development project given the limited shelf life of big, run stuffing d-linemen in the NFL.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 4:42:51 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I have penciled in Raji, Pickett, D.Jones, Daniels, Neal, and C.J.Wilson for my 6. Hopefully they can stash Peňa and Boyd on the practice squad and Worthy on IR.

I think Jolly and Miller have an uphill climb, but, that's why we have training camp and preseason to evaluate! Wanna Box?

Hey greengold,
I do think it is tough to call who makes it, but I feel there is no way Josh Boyd doesn't make this roster. I've got a feeling they will keep 7 on the DL this year, and the biggest battle may be between Johnny Jolly, Mike Daniels and CJ Wilson.

My 7 would be: Raji, Pickett, Datone Jones, Mike Neal, Josh Boyd, Johnny Jolly and Mike Daniels.

Our DL wore out last year with poor rotations. We just didn't have the right personnel. This year, I think we can work a solid rotation, and keep our D linemen fresh. With the way we got run on last year, I think it is clear we have to keep an extra lineman on D. I think that would be smart.
Offline steveishere  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 6:29:34 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 805

I think it'll be Raji, Pickett, Jones, Neal, Daniels, Boyd (Wilson if they keep 7) and Worthy starting on the PUP. I also think Raji will keep playing more DE like he was the 2nd half of last year when he started playing better. He's not nearly as good at playing 2 gap in the middle as Pickett but he's a much better pass rusher. I think a good base starting lineup is Jones/Pickett/Raji. That IMO would maximize run d abilities and pass rush. Neal and Daniels were 2 of the more promising pass rushers last year and would look good in the Nickle lineup as the inside guys. Wilson is a good reliable back up to have and I'm excited to see Boyd too because he seems like he might be able to play DE or back up at NT.
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:18:06 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

My opinion.. unless Neal really pops out in camp and shows a ton, his past failures to remain available and effective will cost him a spot if someone else is even close to him in terms of a impact. He is near the boot zone.

Worthy will be on the PUP IMO.. and will be given every opportunity to make an impact this season. But we will not count towards the 53 coming out of camp.

If Jolly still has it.. there is no way he isn't on the roster. IMO. That is a big if though.

It will be fun to watch Boyd battle his way to a spot.. interesting prospect IMO.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:20:08 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,842
Applause Received: 1,997

DL is vastly overrated. Focus on improving the backend and the linebackers. Fatties can be picked up anywhere to occupy space.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:28:13 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
DL is vastly overrated. Focus on improving the backend and the linebackers. Fatties can be picked up anywhere to occupy space.

Disagree immensely.. both the defensive and offensive lines are the life blood of any team. If you control the point of attack, everything else will fall into place regardless of the talent levels behind them.

That is QB speak there.. lol.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:33:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,842
Applause Received: 1,997

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Disagree immensely.. both the defensive and offensive lines are the life blood of any team. If you control the point of attack, everything else will fall into place regardless of the talent levels behind them.

That is QB speak there.. lol.

A good QB, solid WR corp and top notch secondary will beat a good OL and DL every Sunday.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:38:13 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

I don't believe there is a single DB or LB on our team who would agree with this statement Z, but I like your style.

I'm really glad we aren't talking about Muir or Mehrling...

We only had two DL that we could really count on these last two seasons, and that is Raji and Pickett. Everybody else purely sucked, and it showed. Bigtime. Two of our worst defensive years statistically in NFL history. We made freaking history for our inept D two years in a row.

Think the Ravens would have won the SB with Philipp Mehrling in place of Suggs? Muir in place of Ngata? What about the Giants and Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Chris Canty, Jason Pierre-Paul, Rocky Bernard? Do they WIN a SB without those players? Hell no.
Rss Feed