Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:39:48 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

JSOnline wrote:
In the second round, the Packers took Eddie Lacy. In the fourth round, they traded up for Johnathan Franklin. And somewhere, running back Alex Green was fielding plenty of phone calls and text messages.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:25:58 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,629
Applause Received: 653

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel Go to Quoted Post

I'd still like to see what Green can do. Gonna be the best TC in years!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
OlHoss1884 on 5/15/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:34:37 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 452
Applause Received: 272

If memory serves, he WAS healthy for a period of time before his injury, right? Not to be too negative - let's give the guy a chance - but I can't help thinking if Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy still had high hopes for Alex Green, they wouldn't have so thoroughly covered his position in the draft.

Wow, that's nifty. I typed the letter T twice and the letter M twice, and presto, the names Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy came out.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Since69  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:02:36 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post

Wow, that's nifty. I typed the letter T twice and the letter M twice, and presto, the names Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy came out.

It's forum magic. There's also a filter that protects your SSN by converting it to all X's.

XXX-XX-XXXX

See?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 5/14/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:53:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Keep in mind, Green was a third round pick, was he not? Iirc.

Johnathan Franklin was a 4th, right? Green also led the nation in yards per carry.

Green got his shot last year, and he didn't really light it up. I think the two biggest things that got in his way were the knee injury the year before and over-eagerness. I think he lost a little burst, which hopefully will be back by the start of this season. Also, I think earlier in the year, he was always trying to hit the homerun, trying to break loose and for a long run. Towards the end of the season, I thought he was learning from Cedric Benson to just follow his blockers and take what he could get.

Not saying he's gonna necessarily start, but he's def a candidate for third down guy. He'd be perfect on screens, if the Packers every want to go there.

JSO

Quote:
At no point, Green said, was he 100% last season.

"No, I wasn't, I wasn't," Green said. "I came back, I got close to it, but once I got close, then I had a couple setbacks. I was never really quite where I wanted to be, but I made great strides in the off-season. I'm definitely getting ready for this year."

Quote:
He started slow. In his first three starts, the 2011 third-round pick out of Hawaii mustered only 2.4 yards per carry. Initially, Green struggled pressing the hole and waiting for cuts to develop. But through November into December, he found a rhythm with the offensive line in Green Bay's zone-blocking scheme.

Through a five-game stretch, Green rushed for 245 yards on 59 attempts (4.2 average), blending well with Starks.

And that's when the soreness set in. A concussion sidelined Green for one week and scar tissue built up in his repaired knee.

Green didn't have a carry in the Packers' final four games. Instead, he had a front-row seat to watch Harris' emergence from obscurity. Green wanted to play, but he couldn't. Rushing back from rehab cost him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
greengold on 5/15/2013(UTC)
Offline greengold  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:27:57 PM(UTC)
greengold

Applause Given: 28
Applause Received: 7

Correct, Green was a 3rd round pick in 2011. If Green's knee is recovered, he has nothing to worry about.

This year's draft was bad news for Harris and Starks I think.
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:14:52 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: greengold Go to Quoted Post
Correct, Green was a 3rd round pick in 2011. If Green's knee is recovered, he has nothing to worry about.

I bet they keep Harris. Starks gets traded to Kansas City.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:26:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

I think DuJuan Harris has the best chance of the half backs of 2012 to return.
UserPostedImage
OlHoss1884 on 5/15/2013(UTC)
Offline OlHoss1884  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:22:16 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 58
Applause Received: 164

Harris offers a change of pace from what Lacy and Jenkins can do, so I think he's ore likely to make it. Pease could make the team as well, deending on how his camp works out, and I can't imagine them carrying more RB's than that.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline greengold  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:31:52 PM(UTC)
greengold

Applause Given: 28
Applause Received: 7

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I bet they keep Harris. Starks gets traded to Kansas City.

It would be great if any of these guys (Green, Harris, Starks) have any trade value. They certainly have a surplus of serviceable backs.

I would be surprised if anyone traded for Starks though, given his injury history. If Ted Thompson got a draft pick for him it would be the fleecing of the century! Shame on you Applause

Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:40:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

It would be great if any of these guys (Green, Harris, Starks) have any trade value. They certainly have a surplus of serviceable backs.

I would be surprised if anyone traded for Starks though, given his injury history. If Ted Thompson got a draft pick for him it would be the fleecing of the century! Shame on you Applause

Ted's got guys around the league who are familiar with Starks. McKenzie in Oakland, Schneider in Seattle, Dorsey in KC, Philbin in Miami. KC is in major rebuilding mode, but with the retention of Andy Reid and the acquisition of Alex Smith, it definitely looks as if they are serious about turning things around there.

If Starks can run low and stay behind his pads, he might end up staying much healthier.
OlHoss1884 on 5/16/2013(UTC)
Offline Laser Gunns  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:38:51 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 40
Applause Received: 244

Green was a project pick to begin with.

with the offense he ran in Hawaii, it was impossible evaluate him based on tape.

it really did not help his development having Cobb go through his knee.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:39:37 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 452
Applause Received: 272

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Ted's got guys around the league who are familiar with Starks. McKenzie in Oakland, Schneider in Seattle, Dorsey in KC, Philbin in Miami. KC is in major rebuilding mode, but with the retention of Andy Reid and the acquisition of Alex Smith, it definitely looks as if they are serious about turning things around there.

If Starks can run low and stay behind his pads, he might end up staying much healthier.

My old aunt used to say, if the rabbit hadn't stopped, the fox wouldn't have had him for lunch.

As for the trade, we can always hope. Good insight about the increased chances with those teams.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Rss Feed