Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sschind  
#46 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:23:49 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Interesting the Bills signed Clowney .... Clowney also lead the NFL in pre-season games yardages a couple of years with the Jets (giving the Jets hope they were going to have a passing game)...

Ummm what do you mean by ""Jerry Rice" measurables"? .... you mean his height and weight? lots of guys have been big and not done well...

Anyways I hope they're both successful for the Packers. But it just bothers me a tad when players get this much hype because they don't seem to live up to it... like Ricky Elmore and Datko have had over the last two years.

That's the one thing I don't like about the off season following the draft until the preseason games start. The media makes it seem like everyone from the star QB right down to the very last street free agent long snapper are going to be all pros. Pretty much everyone is a star during training camp.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline steveishere  
#47 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:58:06 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 877

Interesting the Bills signed Clowney .... Clowney also lead the NFL in pre-season games yardages a couple of years with the Jets (giving the Jets hope they were going to have a passing game)...

Ummm what do you mean by ""Jerry Rice" measurables"? .... you mean his height and weight? lots of guys have been big and not done well...

Anyways I hope they're both successful for the Packers. But it just bothers me a tad when players get this much hype because they don't seem to live up to it... like Ricky Elmore and Datko have had over the last two years.

Sam Shields got a lot of hype and he sure lived up to it. Not all of those guys are busts. A lot of those guys are still in the league at least even if it's on another team. Say what you want but for 7th round types any career longer than a couple years is pretty good.
Offline nerdmann  
#48 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:37:28 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,383
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Sam Shields got a lot of hype and he sure lived up to it. Not all of those guys are busts. A lot of those guys are still in the league at least even if it's on another team. Say what you want but for 7th round types any career longer than a couple years is pretty good.

Ted is the master of finding these guys, and our staff are masters at developing them. Happens EVERY year.

Shields, Walden, Moses, Barclay, DuJuan Harris, even back to Tramone Williams.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline beast  
#49 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 5:24:19 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 276

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Height, weight, speed, quickness.

There where I'm not sure you're right comparing them to Rice. Didn't Rice run a rather slow 40 time? And these guys ran rather fast 40 times...

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post

I believe I said late draft pick. Shields wasn't drafted.

And you're right sticking in the NFL on a 53 man roster is very good for a 7th round pick. But my point of it is they were off the Packers teams very quickly.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline nerdmann  
#50 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:03:33 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,383
Applause Received: 600

There where I'm not sure you're right comparing them to Rice. Didn't Rice run a rather slow 40 time? And these guys ran rather fast 40 times...

I believe I said late draft pick. Shields wasn't drafted.

And you're right sticking in the NFL on a 53 man roster is very good for a 7th round pick. But my point of it is they were off the Packers teams very quickly.

Rice ran a 4.5 at the combine, iirc. Johnson ran a 4.3.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed