You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:37:27 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 70

JSOnline wrote:
Alex Marvez of foxsports.com gave the Packers a 'C' grade for their offseason moves, including the NFL draft, in his report for the NFC North.
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Yerko  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:47:17 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 108
Applause Received: 197

Wonder what that changes to upon winning the Super Bowl next season.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:11:51 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Applause Given: 348
Applause Received: 209

The Packers should get a B+ or A- just for what they DIDN'T DO before the draft. Upgrade that to an A+++ when the draft is factored in. Agreed about the Super Bowl thing.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:34:40 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 934

This test hasn't been presented and passed time and time again under Ted's watch? I would like to see Marvez grade his assessment at the end of the season.

Quote:
Says Marvez: "(Ted) Thompson’s belief in developing his own talent and eschewing free agency will be put to the test in a division where Minnesota, Detroit and Chicago have made up ground during the offseason."
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:50:43 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 108

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
This test hasn't been presented and passed time and time again under Ted's watch? I would like to see Marvez grade his assessment at the end of the season.

I was confused by what he meant by that. The two best free agents signed by those teams were Greg Jennings to the Vikings and Martellus Bennett to the Bears. If that is what Ted Thompson has to put his draft and develop up against, I'd put a good chunk of money on him succeeding.

I know there were other free agent signings, but the next best I could think of aside from the two mentioned above is Jermon Bushrod to the Bears.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:15:12 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
I was confused by what he meant by that. The two best free agents signed by those teams were Greg Jennings to the Vikings and Martellus Bennett to the Bears. If that is what Ted Thompson has to put his draft and develop up against, I'd put a good chunk of money on him succeeding.

I know there were other free agent signings, but the next best I could think of aside from the two mentioned above is Jermon Bushrod to the Bears.

Reggie Bush to the Lions.

Only thing we are really missing is a S imo. If none flash in Mini camp all the way up to training camp we'll will shop for one.

I think the only thing the Division got away from us is Greg Jennings to the Vikings.

In my mind we won the offseason.... You know why? We Signed Aaron Rodgers to a new deal.
Yerko on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 2:04:57 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 161

I guess this guy has no clue as to how the Packers have managed to put a better team than any in the NFC North for years now.

The Vikes lost their go to WR and this is a position where they were not nearly as strong as we are. Yes, we lost Jennings but he was out a lot of games last year so it's not like we don't know what they can do without him. The Vikes were like the 29th ranked passing team so I would say they have WAY more to go in catching the Pack than taking Jennings away.

The Bears may have made a few moves to bolster the OL that was terrible but they have had to give up draft picks in the last few years that made it virtually impossible to have young players waiting in the wings to take over for those old D guys.

Plus the Bears depth sucks. I looked last year and they didn't have a single OL behind the starters on the depth chart that had even been drafted.

We just put two 4th round OL in for depth and development. Which team has a better chance to get better there?

I find it laughable that we go 5-1 when half our damn team ended up on IR and this guy thinks teams are catching us? Freaking Bears fan is what he is. Maybe Vikes. Nobody's a Lions fan so....
"The train is leaving the station."
Yerko on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 3:43:24 PM(UTC)
TwinkieGorilla

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 42

So somebody employed by Fox is mentally deficient?

*SHOCK*
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

thanks Post received 4 applause.
DoddPower on 5/1/2013(UTC), porky88 on 5/1/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 5/1/2013(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 4:56:00 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post

There should be no confusion. Ted relies upon the draft to infuse our talent, he thinks it's the best way to go, and has been burned when dipping into the FA pool .

He sucks at it.

Actually,
He isn't good at it, and knows his limitations. The man did not know how many draft choices he made on draft day. Listen to his presser. That should scare the shit out of everyone that follows the draft, but he gets a pass, due to his perceived brilliance... I still like him, but he is no guru, imo.

Any fucking idiot would have worked very hard to get us a supreme line on both sides of the ball the past few years. He did not work that hard at it. As a result, we left SB trophies for others to get, imo. He's too stupid to even know what he did to us, and the fanbase is too stupid to call him on it. I'm not bitter, though. I was born and raised in Wisconsin and realize what a stupid motherfucker I am as a result.

Not talking

Edited by user Wednesday, May 1, 2013 5:29:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:05:11 PM(UTC)
TwinkieGorilla

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 42

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Any fucking idiot would have worked very hard to get us a FUCKING SUPERBOWL TROPHY and he did OOPS I'm an idiot.

Fixed?

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

DoddPower on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:07:07 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Any fucking idiot would have worked very hard to get us a supreme line on both sides of the ball the past few years. He did not work that hard at it. As a result, we left SB trophies for others to get, imo. He's too stupid to even know what he did to us, and the fanbase is too stupid to call him on it. I'm not bitter, though. I was born and raised in Wisconsin and realize what a stupid motherfucker I am as a result. Not talking

The Packers have drafted 17 offensive linemen and 15 defensive lineman since 2005. Yeah, Ted Thompson wasn't trying at all there!

Just like the idiots who blame the President for everything, you blame Ted Thompson for every shortcoming of the Packers as if it is easy to win Super Bowl after Super Bowl. You need to widen your understanding young man of this game called, football. We're here to help you along the way.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline play2win  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:24:02 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Hey, I've complained about Ted's lacking presence in getting FA players to help the team, and do think one or two might have offset some losses we suffered to injury, but I cannot fault his drafting.

Imagine our team last year had we not lost three players on D to injury: Desmond Bishop, Nick Perry and Jerel Worthy.

Bish would have shut a lot of those middle gains down, and so too Perry. Worthy looked to be just getting it at the NFL level when he was lost. I think the playoffs may have been far different with those 3 healthy.

Two years ago we nearly went undefeated coming off a SB win. All done with Ted's system of player procurement and development. Hindsight is bliss.

Thompson holds to his drafts, and this last one may have been his very best. Give it a couple years. Maybe another Lombardi Trophy or two finds a home in our trophy cases.

A grade. C grade. B grade. It all seems a bit foolish this early to make a call. All GMs make mistakes. Ted drafts better than most. I have no problem supporting him and his efforts to make us better.
DoddPower on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:29:43 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 99
Applause Received: 63

No doubt this idiot gave the Eagles an A grade when they assembled the "Dream Team".

Getting Aaron and Clay under long term contracts at least gives you a B in my opinion.

"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:13:37 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 132

I think he was thinking in terms of relativity where it appears like each of the other team "improved" more. That being said, I think he should have concentrated on grading each team on an individual basis.
Offline dfosterf  
#15 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 4:52:48 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: TwinkieGorilla Go to Quoted Post
Fixed?

That was not nice. Kindly never do that again. This is not PFT or somesuch. I've always respected your opinion, I'd think you'd respect mine regardless of the distance between them. I like you just fine, lad... I think you already know that. Don't change my words. Assault them if you wanna, but don't change 'em.

doddpower applauding that is shitty and devoid of class, also.

Edited by user Friday, May 3, 2013 5:41:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.