You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:22:32 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,101
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Of all Ted's drafts in GB, at the end of draft day, this is going to be the one I am least excited about. I think he missed on oppourunities. There were players better than what we ended up with in the 4th when he moved back in the 3rd. I think the guys he wanted to target today got snagged and he was unable ot find a trade partner when it came time.

I don't think these Olineman improved out line and there was a chance to do that this year. I like Jones, and Lacey could be good with a line in front of him.

I think it looks like he's a genius. Eddie Lacy!? AND Johnathan Franklin!? ARe you kidding me? LOL
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:40:00 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 344

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
A simple answer to your question of "why all the gnashing of teeth with Ted's trades" is because all these people know so much more than Ted Thompson does about being an NFL GM. That is why they are making the big bucks evaluating NFL talent and Ted Thompson is flipping burgers.

Well hell, since Ted is God, why haven't the Packers won every SB since he came to GB? There are other teams that take players Ted passes on, are they all wrong?
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:41:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,779

Well hell, since Ted is God, why haven't the Packers won every SB since he came to GB? There are other teams that take players Ted passes on, are they all wrong?

Ted Thompson doesn't want to give it away that he is God so he lets puny mortals win from time to time.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:46:20 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Other teams are reaching for need. They also may not have scouts as good as ours.

That, and Mike and Aaron's stat whoring.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#35 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:49:06 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Good RBs have a way of making mediocre OLs look much better than they are.

And the opposite is true also. Though Our problem IMO was more that our guys don't block the scheme well. That if the scheme changes, they would open holes better. If they actually run consistently, they will get better.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#36 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:52:27 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Other teams are reaching for need. They also may not have scouts as good as ours.

That, and Mike and Aaron's stat whoring.

Not 31 other teams.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#37 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:58:34 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

And the opposite is true also. Though Our problem IMO was more that our guys don't block the scheme well. That if the scheme changes, they would open holes better. If they actually run consistently, they will get better.

This may be true, but Grant left ALOT of yards on the field with his lack of vision. And Green was always going for the home run. Cedric Benson seemed to always get what was there, but he wasn't a breakaway threat. I think Green was learning from him late in the year.

Starks was a good running but was hamstrung with injuries and Harris was only just getting started.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't put it ALL on the OL.

I also don't think Kuhn is the best FB. They like him for his versatility.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#38 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 1:03:29 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

This may be true, but Grant left ALOT of yards on the field with his lack of vision. And Green was always going for the home run. Cedric Benson seemed to always get what was there, but he wasn't a breakaway threat. I think Green was learning from him late in the year.

Starks was a good running but was hamstrung with injuries and Harris was only just getting started.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't put it ALL on the OL.

I also don't think Kuhn is the best FB. They like him for his versatility.

Grant had good vision, he just ran with too much lean so any contact took him down. I just look back, and we had a better than average running game, until Mike McCarthy switched us to the outsize zone. Since then, we have struggled.
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#39 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:29:40 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 307

Not at all but I will guarantee you that for every player another team takes that you wanted Ted Thompson to take there will be fans bitching and moaning about the pick. Ted Thompson is not a God, never said he was, but I will bet dollars to donuts that he knows a hell of a lot more about the players in the draft than anyone on this site or any site like it. I'll bet he knows a hell of a lot more than pretty much anyone who has ever done a mock draft as well.

You certainly don't have to agree with the picks but everyone who disagrees act's like they have some sort of inside information that proves the guy they wanted will be an all pro while the guy Ted Thompson actually took will suck.

Not all of TT's picks will pan out that is for certain and in some cases the guy you wanted him to take may actually have been a better choice but so many of you act like he is throwing darts at a list of names. What makes you so certain that just because some flunkie at one of a 1000 mock draft sites thinks that the guy Ted Thompson took would have been there 3 rounds later that the team after the Packers wouldn't have taken him?

Everyone has guys on their list that they would like to see and some people actually have reasons behind it but your list and your reasons are no more reliable than TT's and I would dare say they are many many times less.

If Ted Thompson thinks a guy is worth the pick its because he sees something that he thinks the guy can offer. He is not just pulling names out of his ass simply to piss you off. Maybe you can't see it but in the end it really doesn't matter what you can see. It's Teds' list and Teds choice and he is taking the guy he thinks is the best choice at the time.
I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
steveishere on 4/27/2013(UTC), play2win on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:40:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,779

Ted Thompson is not a God, never said he was, but I will bet dollars to donuts that he knows a hell of a lot more about the players in the draft than anyone on this site or any site like it.

You don't know me to well, or my profession, huh? :)

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Online wpr  
#41 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:51:16 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,390
Applause Received: 1,187

Not at all but I will guarantee you that for every player another team takes that you wanted Ted Thompson to take there will be fans bitching and moaning about the pick. Ted Thompson is not a God, never said he was, but I will bet dollars to donuts that he knows a hell of a lot more about the players in the draft than anyone on this site or any site like it. I'll bet he knows a hell of a lot more than pretty much anyone who has ever done a mock draft as well.

You certainly don't have to agree with the picks but everyone who disagrees act's like they have some sort of inside information that proves the guy they wanted will be an all pro while the guy Ted Thompson actually took will suck.

Not all of TT's picks will pan out that is for certain and in some cases the guy you wanted him to take may actually have been a better choice but so many of you act like he is throwing darts at a list of names. What makes you so certain that just because some flunkie at one of a 1000 mock draft sites thinks that the guy Ted Thompson took would have been there 3 rounds later that the team after the Packers wouldn't have taken him?

Everyone has guys on their list that they would like to see and some people actually have reasons behind it but your list and your reasons are no more reliable than TT's and I would dare say they are many many times less.

If Ted Thompson thinks a guy is worth the pick its because he sees something that he thinks the guy can offer. He is not just pulling names out of his ass simply to piss you off. Maybe you can't see it but in the end it really doesn't matter what you can see. It's Teds' list and Teds choice and he is taking the guy he thinks is the best choice at the time.

wow.

I have yet to see anyone on this or any other site including the professional ones like ESPN actually think they know more about than Uncle Ted and the Packer's system or how the Packers evaluate every player.

As for the moaning and groaning that goes on, I suppose you would prefer that fans didn't care what happens. After all we know nothing whatsoever so he should be grateful for anything. There should be no accountability to the fans because we are ignorant. Now go back to 2007. There were plenty of fans that were upset with the Justin Harrell pick. I questioned it but I said, "Hey Uncle Teddy knows what he is doing. He and his staff watched Justin in practice. They sat across the table from him. Those injuries are a thing of the past." Just because we don't know as much as Ted or his people doesn't mean we don't know anything or that we can't think and talk amongst ourselves. After all Ted may be our "Uncle" but we won't get to sit down and discuss any of this with him. Now we can't discuss it with you either.

It is rather silly and condescending for yo to say that you think people expect a draftee will still be avail 3 rounds later. Most of the time people think the player may be 1 round later. On a rare occasion 2 rounds later.

In conclusion I am going to have to write this down and memorize it because I didn't realize it.

Quote:
It's Teds' list and Teds choice and he is taking the guy he thinks is the best choice at the time.

I just may have to take my son standing in Afghanistan off my signature and put this one in.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#42 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 3:04:25 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 837
Applause Received: 546

It's a great point of view.

Lets remember we are all fans of this great team. As fans, we are all limited, except Zero2Cool, to the stuff we watch, read, or hear from connections to the team.

Compounding the situation is Ted's refusal to add some of the higher level FAs, and us fans are putting greater emphasis and energy into each draft.

I question many of his picks, but I'm also thrilled with many of them. Time will tell. I'm super disappointed with some, but willing to trust his system and talents here.

We are today, a far better team than we were on Wednesday. That I know.
Offline sschind  
#43 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:02:44 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 307

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
You don't know me to well, or my profession, huh? :)

No I don't, since this is pretty much an anonymous site that type of information is something I would not be privy to unless you cared to share it. I made an assumption and I stand by it. You may have a football background but unless you are someone like Bill Parcells posting on the sly I hope you won't be offended if I still think Ted Thompson has more knowledge than you.

I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
play2win on 4/27/2013(UTC), wpr on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#44 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:04:43 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Most people are not complaining about who was picked, more about the strategy of trading back this year. Because of Ted doing his job pretty good in the past, the team is at a point where we don't have room for 7-8 rookies on the roster, yet alone 11. The team doesn't improve by replacing young projects with new young projects. There were better quality players available when Ted traded back, there were better quality players that Ted could have traded up for.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan on 4/27/2013(UTC), wpr on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:08:22 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Most people are not complaining about who was picked, more about the strategy of trading back this year. Because of Ted doing his job pretty good in the past, the team is at a point where we don't have room for 7-8 rookies on the roster, yet alone 11. The team doesn't improve by replacing young projects with new young projects. There were better quality players available when Ted traded back, there were better quality players that Ted could have traded up for.

I wasn't enamored with the first pick, but I think he'll be fine. He wasn't on my board, because I took off all the 4-3 DE "tweeners."

Overall this draft was AWESOME, though.