You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline yooperfan  
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 10:20:55 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,717
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 480
Applause Received: 227

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Are we waiting to move up in the 6th?


Ted must not be in a trading up mood today.

Offline play2win  
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:11:34 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,256
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 855
Applause Received: 552

he he.

OK, LT, check. C, check. Another awesome RB, check. All in R4.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:21:49 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,650
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 347

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
he he.

OK, LT, check. C, check. Another awesome RB, check. All in R4.


Wow, I didn't know you were so easly to please. 2 undersized Olineman and a RB that won't have a hole to run through.

Would have been better off with 2 3rds.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:24:16 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,535
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Remainder of my board:

TE: Nick Kasa, Ryan Otten, RB: Mike Gillislee, C: Barrett Jones, WR: Ryan Swope http://statwhore.wordpre.../nerds-board-rounds-1-3/
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:39:19 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,256
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 855
Applause Received: 552

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Wow, I didn't know you were so easly to please. 2 undersized Olineman and a RB that won't have a hole to run through.

Would have been better off with 2 3rds.


Yeah. It's not me. It's that I don't have to buy wpr lunch...Big Grin

Actually, I recognize that we get the canned version of talent evaluation. I'm willing to defer to Ted's experience and his NFL scouting department. They spend an awful lot of money and time evaluating every player on their board. Those are huge resources at work for our team. Not a series of maybe 8-10 draft sites...

Are there players I wanted? Of course! I listed them all. They clearly felt differently. I'm sure Ted and his staff could give two shits about draftscout.com, FF Toolbox and Walter's. So why hold so tight to those?

Do I think they reached on Tretter? Yes. Do I know that? No.

Last I saw, we had a full complement of OL. Its not like we didn't have a player at a starting level position. We are adding for the future, and maybe one of these kids shows this year.

Did you think Aaron Rodgers was bullshitting when he gave EDS his full endorsement at C?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:48:04 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,901
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,425
Applause Received: 1,204

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah. It's not me. It's that I don't have to buy wpr lunch...Big Grin

Actually, I recognize that we get the canned version of talent evaluation. I'm willing to defer to Ted's experience and his NFL scouting department. They spend an awful lot of money and time evaluating every player on their board. Those are huge resources at work for our team. Not a series of maybe 8-10 draft sites...

Are there players I wanted? Of course! I listed them all. They clearly felt differently. I'm sure Ted and his staff could give two shits about draftscout.com, FF Toolbox and Walter's. So why hold so tight to those?

Do I think they reached on Tretter? Yes. Do I know that? No.

Last I saw, we had a full complement of OL. Its not like we didn't have a player at a starting level position. We are adding for the future, and maybe one of these kids shows this year.

Did you think Aaron Rodgers was bullshitting when he gave EDS his full endorsement at C?


no worries on lunch maybe we will get together some time and I will buy.

Certainly Uncle Ted knows a how lot more than I. Just looking at it from a superficially a 2nd and 3rd round pick has a better chance of starting or being in a rotation. A 6th and 7th round pick is just happy to make the team.

Tretter is a reach. But Ted does that every year.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:49:27 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,901
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,425
Applause Received: 1,204

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
You can't win football if you don't have a 3rd round pick, you just cant, it's science. Season is over.


That is just as true as saying the team will win the SB with two 6's and three 7's.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:52:13 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,650
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 347

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah. It's not me. It's that I don't have to buy wpr lunch...Big Grin

Actually, I recognize that we get the canned version of talent evaluation. I'm willing to defer to Ted's experience and his NFL scouting department. They spend an awful lot of money and time evaluating every player on their board. Those are huge resources at work for our team. Not a series of maybe 8-10 draft sites...

Are there players I wanted? Of course! I listed them all. They clearly felt differently. I'm sure Ted and his staff could give two shits about draftscout.com, FF Toolbox and Walter's. So why hold so tight to those?

Do I think they reached on Tretter? Yes. Do I know that? No.

Last I saw, we had a full complement of OL. Its not like we didn't have a player at a starting level position. We are adding for the future, and maybe one of these kids shows this year.

Did you think Aaron Rodgers was bullshitting when he gave EDS his full endorsement at C?


Of all Ted's drafts in GB, at the end of draft day, this is going to be the one I am least excited about. I think he missed on oppourunities. There were players better than what we ended up with in the 4th when he moved back in the 3rd. I think the guys he wanted to target today got snagged and he was unable ot find a trade partner when it came time.

I don't think these Olineman improved out line and there was a chance to do that this year. I like Jones, and Lacey could be good with a line in front of him.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:54:28 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 757
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 313

A simple answer to your question of "why all the gnashing of teeth with Ted's trades" is because all these people know so much more than Ted Thompson does about being an NFL GM. That is why they are making the big bucks evaluating NFL talent and Ted Thompson is flipping burgers.
I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#25 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:57:31 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 757
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 313

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Ted Thompson traded away our 3rd for a bevy of picks that will allow him to maneuver at will through today's 4th round.

With KC owning the 2nd pick in the round, look for Ted to package a nice group of selections for his old friend John Dorsey to give us 3 picks in the round. KC is a rebuilding team, and I would be shocked, shocked, if Dorsey didn't make a deal with Thompson to help his team rebuild.

With that said, lets suppose Ted also uses more of those picks to move up with his two current R4s to add three very specific players. Here is where our GM can pretty much shop for exactly what he wants in the 4th round:

NT Jesse Williams
C Brian Schwenke
C Barrett Jones
S Phillip Thomas
DE Alex Okafor
LT David Quessenberry

Any 3 of these would make fantastic additions to our team.

Add, there are others available in R4/R5 that could also make big impacts on our roster:

RB Jonathan Franklin
OLB Trevardo Williams
DE William Gholston
OT Xavier Nixon
WR Da'Rick Rogers
DE Quinton Dial
DE Joe Kruger
DE Lavar Edwards
TE Joseph Fauria
OT Chris Faulk
DE Devin Taylor
OLB Ty Powell

There is a lot to like about many in this latter group. A lot! My guess is that Ted Thompson will make us all very happy with what he does here today. I would guess his 10 picks are the most of any team at this point to maneuver around R4 and R5 if he likes. We are going to get some very good players.

Also, who the hell was there to warrant any kind of complaints at #88? The only truly impactful players I see that were taken in R3 were Damontre Moore and Jonathan Jenkins. Both were long gone by our #88. The only player chosen after that point in R3 that I might have wanted was Brandon Williams, a NT from Missouri Southern. He's just a giant of a wide body from a Division II school. There are plenty of those still available.

Ted's trading our #88 away, then again our #93 was brilliant. He'll turn that into just what we were looking for, quality talent at our many positions of need. I truly believe this. Ted Thompson will be dealing heavily today, and he now has the ammo to do so. If he pulls this off, and turns our R3 and R4 selections into three or who knows, maybe four R4s, - and gets the players we NEED to become a better team - I'll be thrilled.

My guess is he lands 3 more top 100 rated players today, making the grand total 5. That is just the kind of impact I was hoping for with this draft. Immediate infusion of high quality talent at 5 positions, and maybe more!


TT could get the top tackle, defensive lineman, linebacker, safety and running back and it still wouldn't make us ALL happy.

I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#26 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:10:21 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

So when everyone is clammering for a running game, we snatch 2 good looking prospects. 1 in which is probably the best RB in the draft. And now we're trashing Thompson for picking them. There are some greety motherfuckers aren't they xD

I honestly hate that you guys are saying "they won't be anything with no holes" That's complete and utter shit. You guys can be critical, idc but come on people.. These guys aren't just predicated on their college line giving them truck lanes on the field. They can catch, hold onto the football, PASS BLOCK!, and run in the open field. Yes even Lacy is deceptively nimble. He's compared to Micheal Turner in my mind, and that guy is pretty damn good. We now have real depth at running back, something we haven't had in years.

Our offensive line is not the best in the world, but I tell you what if we can stay healthy we can do some things with this running game. Bulaga was hurt last year and don't forget we had that Old man manding the Center position. EDS will get more playing time and will be a better player. Give them a chance boys. This draft isn't as bad as you think.
Offline nerdmann  
#27 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:12:58 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,535
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
So when everyone is clammering for a running game, we snatch 2 good looking prospects. 1 in which is probably the best RB in the draft. And now we're trashing Thompson for picking them. There are some greety motherfuckers aren't they xD

I honestly hate that you guys are saying "they won't be anything with no holes" That's complete and utter shit. You guys can be critical, idc but come on people.. These guys aren't just predicated on their college line giving them truck lanes on the field. They can catch, hold onto the football, PASS BLOCK!, and run in the open field. Yes even Lacy is deceptively nimble. He's compared to Micheal Turner in my mind, and that guy is pretty damn good. We now have real depth at running back, something we haven't had in years.

Our offensive line is not the best in the world, but I tell you what if we can stay healthy we can do some things with this running game. Bulaga was hurt last year and don't forget we had that Old man manding the Center position. EDS will get more playing time and will be a better player. Give them a chance boys. This draft isn't as bad as you think.


Good RBs have a way of making mediocre OLs look much better than they are.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:14:12 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,901
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,425
Applause Received: 1,204

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
A simple answer to your question of "why all the gnashing of teeth with Ted's trades" is because all these people know so much more than Ted Thompson does about being an NFL GM. That is why they are making the big bucks evaluating NFL talent and Ted Thompson is flipping burgers.


you don't have to be an @ss about it. I don't think anyone is saying they know more than the Packer's staff. But we are certainly aloud to express an opinion.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#29 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:17:05 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,901
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,425
Applause Received: 1,204

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Of all Ted's drafts in GB, at the end of draft day, this is going to be the one I am least excited about. I think he missed on oppourunities. There were players better than what we ended up with in the 4th when he moved back in the 3rd. I think the guys he wanted to target today got snagged and he was unable ot find a trade partner when it came time.

I don't think these Olineman improved out line and there was a chance to do that this year. I like Jones, and Lacey could be good with a line in front of him.


I shows that just because you have picks available doesn't mean you will find a trade partner.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#30 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:19:27 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,256
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 855
Applause Received: 552

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
So when everyone is clammering for a running game, we snatch 2 good looking prospects. 1 in which is probably the best RB in the draft. And now we're trashing Thompson for picking them. There are some greety motherfuckers aren't they xD

I honestly hate that you guys are saying "they won't be anything with no holes" That's complete and utter shit. You guys can be critical, idc but come on people.. These guys aren't just predicated on their college line giving them truck lanes on the field. They can catch, hold onto the football, PASS BLOCK!, and run in the open field. Yes even Lacy is deceptively nimble. He's compared to Micheal Turner in my mind, and that guy is pretty damn good. We now have real depth at running back, something we haven't had in years.

Our offensive line is not the best in the world, but I tell you what if we can stay healthy we can do some things with this running game. Bulaga was hurt last year and don't forget we had that Old man manding the Center position. EDS will get more playing time and will be a better player. Give them a chance boys. This draft isn't as bad as you think.


I think our biggest takeaway from this is OUR RUNNING GAME! We can say it now! We have a fucking RUNNING GAME! This level of talent coming in cannot be ignored by Mike McCarthy, nor do I expect it will be. Mike now has some awesome new toys to add to his offensive arsenal, and I can't wait to see it in motion, and what this will mean for our passing game.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.425 seconds.