Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:42:07 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,831
Applause Received: 1,977

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Well, I do know that 2 sacks are not better than 6...

lol nice Apple to Orange comparison there!

I believe a ILB in a 3 - 4 is far less asked to get sacks than a DE in a 4 - 3 :)

As for adding marquee talent, the hell the Packers don't! They certainly do! How do you think they got to Super Bowl? How do you think they ran up a 15 - 1 record? How many playoff appearances in a row?

What the Packers do NOT do is over pay for talent! And being a SMALL MARKET team with NO OWNER to bail them out ... I think it's a wise avenue to take. They have far less margin for error than say the Dallas Cowboys for example.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:44:29 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,725
Applause Received: 1,310

I don't think he is saying they are only one or two players away from winning a Championship, just that one or two FAs of high quality can help you to get there, taking pressure off of key areas that you normally fill with draft picks. For instance, we had a couple of scenarios where we had high calibre DTs, DEs, RBs and Ss looking for a new team this offseason. We didn't really play, so they went elsewhere. I would have loved to get one of them, maybe two of them, to allow a bit more freedom this draft, insuring our roster was truly complete.

We have so many holes, some bigger than others at some real need positions on this roster. One or two FA signings could have helped. They still may.

since I can only give you one applause point here is a second one.

By all means build through the draft but augment with decent FAs like Woodson and Pickett.
Uncle Teddy has already proven you can get good quality players without busting the bank on them.

UserPostedImage
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 4/25/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:47:08 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
lol nice Apple to Orange comparison there!

I believe a ILB in a 3 - 4 is far less asked to get sacks than a DE in a 4 - 3 :)

You like that bro? I gotta ton of 'em for ya!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, I hear what you are saying, but I think the big cat could have made the 3-4 transition, and might have been a nice addition. You were kind of hoping for that yourself weren't you?

Ah, well. I'm just a fan, and I'm happy to support the team and Ted's vision. I think he could do better, but he is pretty freaking good, as is. We are about to realize how good here with this draft, and the soon to be contract extension for the best QB on the planet.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 4/25/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:49:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

and for the record, I am not exactly thrilled with Brad Jones contract, much like I wasn't too thrilled with A.J. Hawk's when he signed it. I don't know what guaranteed money it has though so I can't gripe about it.

UserPostedImage
Online steveishere  
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:52:16 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 790

Well, I do know that 2 sacks are not better than 6...

It is when comparing an ILB with a full time pass rusher who is surrounded by a ton of talent on the line with him.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#36 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:54:58 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

You like that bro? I gotta ton of 'em for ya!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, I hear what you are saying, but I think the big cat could have made the 3-4 transition, and might have been a nice addition. You were kind of hoping for that yourself weren't you?

Ah, well. I'm just a fan, and I'm happy to support the team and Ted's vision. I think he could do better, but he is pretty freaking good, as is. We are about to realize how good here with this draft, and the soon to be contract extension for the best QB on the planet.

I would love for a pass rusher to fall out of the sky into the Packers lap. Thing is though, Osi (I assume that is 'big cat?') ... he's temperamental and if things aren't going his way, he throws a fit. Also, how is he gonna do with out Jason Pierre-Paul (sp), Justin Tuck, etc ... ? Packers only have Clay Matthews III and MAYBE Nick Perry.

If Osi signed the same contract, but incentive based ... I'd have been cool with that. The guaranteed cash of $5 million makes me less attracted to his addition when thinking he is a DE in a 4 - 3 and Packers would need him to play OLB or DE in a 3 - 4 ... which who knows, maybe he doesn't want to be in a 3 - 4?

There is so much to discuss on these because there are so many variables.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed