Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 12:33:37 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,901
Applause Received: 2,096

Quote:
A pair of explosions rocked the finish line at the Boston Marathon on Monday afternoon, injuring at least a half-dozen people, a CNN producer at the scene said.

The blasts occurred a few seconds apart, shrouding downtown Boston's Copley Square in smoke. Paramedics were treating several victims at the scene, and police ordered onlookers to back away from the area, CNN Producer Matt Frucci reported.

The explosions occurred about 2:45 p.m., about an hour after the first runners had crossed the finish line, Frucci said.

WTF! I hope the injuries are minor.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 12:43:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

So much for my hope. 2 people lost their legs
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 1:26:40 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 251

2 killed, 22 injured, 6 seriously they are saying now. Also two more bombs found and disarmed. It looks like terrorism of some kind. There was a third explosion also at the JFK library.

Edited by user Monday, April 15, 2013 2:00:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Formo  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 3:07:28 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Wayy to early to be reporting anything now as reports are always changing (and really, the media isn't known for being very accurate with these things right away). But I'll just copy and paste what I posted on Facebook:

So much to say, but not the words to say it.. I hurt for those effected in Boston. But those courageous acts displayed by first responders, police, fire dept., hospital workers, blood-donators, etc reaffirm my faith in humanity.

Please people, don't let a few bad apples determine how you view humanity as a whole.

Gotta keep the faith!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DakotaT on 4/15/2013(UTC), TheKanataThrilla on 4/15/2013(UTC)
#5 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 4:16:39 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

good to see the death toll has not risen above 2. Obviously people are not gonna get negative about humanity in general - just about the perpetrators and anybody out there demonstrating support for the doers of the deed. How's that, Formo? Not too offensive to your sensitive whatever? I say this now when it is still a wide open question as to WHO - the obvious usual suspects, some other group with an agenda, or just some crazy individual - although that last one is looking kinda unlikely.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 5:48:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Now they're saying over 140 injured. Unreal. What was the point of this attack?
UserPostedImage
#7 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 8:37:55 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

yeah, and up to 3 killed.

Do I need to say it again? This is a GOOD v. EVIL world. They (whoever THEY turns out to be) don't need to have a point. We represent what is GOOD in the world, so EVIL attacks us.

Too much like AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM hahaha?
Offline Laser Gunns  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:33:13 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 237

3 dead, one was an 8-year old boy..

Some really f*cked up people out there.. Makes me sick.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline Formo  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:07:51 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
good to see the death toll has not risen above 2. Obviously people are not gonna get negative about humanity in general - just about the perpetrators and anybody out there demonstrating support for the doers of the deed.

I've seen PLENTY of posts via social media and message boards about people getting bent out of shape over humanity in general. My initial reaction was the same as those people. Wasn't until I saw reports of runners finishing the marathon and donating blood ASAP to help the victims when I felt the wave of pride. No amount of evil committed on that day or any will ever out-do the good.

How's that, Formo? Not too offensive to your sensitive whatever? I say this now when it is still a wide open question as to WHO - the obvious usual suspects, some other group with an agenda, or just some crazy individual - although that last one is looking kinda unlikely.

Offensive? Old man, I'm the furthest person you could ever offend. That said, Evil is evil, no matter the skin it wears. I'm not interested in who, only that they get caught/justice (whatever form that comes in).
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:09:19 PM(UTC)
Formo

A well written piece on what happened yesterday. My thoughts were put into words by Patton Oswalt. Thank you Patton!

Patton Oswalt wrote:
Boston. f*cking horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
UserPostedImage
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:57:25 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
I've seen PLENTY of posts via social media and message boards about people getting bent out of shape over humanity in general. My initial reaction was the same as those people. Wasn't until I saw reports of runners finishing the marathon and donating blood ASAP to help the victims when I felt the wave of pride. No amount of evil committed on that day or any will ever out-do the good.

Offensive? Old man, I'm the furthest person you could ever offend. That said, Evil is evil, no matter the skin it wears. I'm not interested in who, only that they get caught/justice (whatever form that comes in).

Good. That's not the way it sounded from your previous post.

Offline dfosterf  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:01:24 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 406

If that was a planned foreign terriorist act, it was very lame.

I'm feelin' somethin' along the lines of locally whacky, or just plain whacky, on this one.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:38:36 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
If that was a planned foreign terriorist act, it was very lame.

I'm feelin' somethin' along the lines of locally whacky, or just plain whacky, on this one.

I kinda get that feeling too, although it really makes you wonder what the motive could be if not the first thing that comes to mind. Al Qaeda denies doing it - for whatever miniscule bit that is worth. I guess they are sorta like McDonalds these days, though - a franchiser without total control in the home office of the franchisees. (give me a Jew-burger cooked in a pressure cooker and salted with ball bearings). Speakin' of Mics, though, I hear the IRA likes their bombs in trash cans.

Offline Laser Gunns  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:07:02 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 237

I kinda get that feeling too, although it really makes you wonder what the motive could be if not the first thing that comes to mind. Al Qaeda denies doing it - for whatever miniscule bit that is worth. I guess they are sorta like McDonalds these days, though - a franchiser without total control in the home office of the franchisees. (give me a Jew-burger cooked in a pressure cooker and salted with ball bearings). Speakin' of Mics, though, I hear the IRA likes their bombs in trash cans.

Totally agree,

If it was some local cell that cooked this up, it's not like they need to call Bin Laden for his permission. They train their people to do sh*t like this. Hell, they could have just googled "bomb making for dummies."

The police surrounded a suspect apartment that night, I don't think I've heard how that turned out.

I know we detained a Saudi guy, (Al Qaeda presence there). And that some dude was spotted walking the rooftops above where the bombs went off.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline gbguy20  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:19:10 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

cop killed. car chase. explosions. gun fight. absolutely massive police response (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXjBvxidkE). might have just caught the suspects. too early to know for sure if related.
call me Dan