Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:12:39 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

I'm building raised beds to surround a concrete pad in the back of my family room.

The price of the dirt is pissing me off. Those guys have a real racket. I'm paying $32 per cu yd for screened top-soil, and around here, that's a good price.

Dirt never goes as far as you think it will. I'm taking from Peter to pay Paul in the sense that I have a "good" corner that I can lower a taste and still have sweet soil there- yet rob to fill my new project...

I hate anything associated with dirt, I'm contemplating adding it to my "list".

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:30:22 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

Reason 7493 that I live more of a rural life... I can go to a local farmer, flip him a few bucks and have him load the truck a number of times from the pasture. Probably less than a buck a yard although I do the hauling.... if I wish not to have the rich dirt.. I can hit the back of the land and pay notta.

Couple that with the compost piles along the trail in the back.. dirt truly is cheap.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:54:09 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

I've always admired the dirt in Wisconsin. I pointed it out to my D.C. buddy when we landed in Madison to head N to Green Bay.

You had good dirt in the little islands in the parking lots under construction. We would pay up the ying-yang for Wisconsin fill.

We don't do any black dirt in the mid-atlantic. We have ass-orange clay with rock.

PLUS, I think that dirt should be considered before our president invests the ground troops. It is very obvious that this has been a major oversight in virtually all the wars these clowns put us in.

I believe if these assorted leaders had to dig just one friggin' fox hole or gun pit they'd think twice about the whole agression-thing, lol
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:33:11 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I'm building raised beds to surround a concrete pad in the back of my family room.

The price of the dirt is pissing me off. Those guys have a real racket. I'm paying $32 per cu yd for screened top-soil, and around here, that's a good price.

Dirt never goes as far as you think it will. I'm taking from Peter to pay Paul in the sense that I have a "good" corner that I can lower a taste and still have sweet soil there- yet rob to fill my new project...

I hate anything associated with dirt, I'm contemplating adding it to my "list".

I love it when you cry about getting sodomized - it gives me a shit eating grin on my face. Again, why do you live in that shithole?
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 3:35:41 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 122

admired the dirt in wisconsin???

well my friend, you haven't been introduced to the beautiful black dirt of illinois!!

wow - i'm talking about dirt. wtf???
UserPostedImage
Offline MontanaBob  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 2:16:44 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 52

$32 a cubic yard?? We pay that out here for rocks and gravel. Real topsoil is about $44 per yard. That's why we grow tumbleweed, sagebrush and prickly pear cactus......and why they call this area the "ROCKY MOUNTAINS". My back yard has exactly, (give or take a few inches) 2 inches of topsoil. consisting of some brownish soil, rocks, granite boulders, and a few flakes of gold, buried in some quartz veins. We grow rocks instead of grass....really!! Small rocks pop up every month from seemingly nowhere in our yards. Heck, they grow on our trees here.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Rss Feed