You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MontanaBob  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 1:30:40 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 45

MontanaBob is still alive and well........and very tanned. In early February we travelled down to Sun City West, in the Phoenix area to visit my wife's brother. What was going to be a short visit turned out to be about 8 weeks. Donna's brother has a winter home there and has begged us to come visit for the past 4 years. This year, with Donna retired, we took him up on the offer and went down just before Valentines Day. Our intended stay was for two weeks. HA..................The weather and laid back relaxation did us in.

We got back to Missoula this past Friday. With no pressing engagements and our home here taken care of by squatters...(son and daughter)...we just kept extending our stay. The only thing bringing us back was that I had a contract to teach Bicycle Safety here at our Lolo School starting next week.

We had a great time.....saw the Brewers a few times in spring training games....saw Ryan Braun in the WBC at Chase Field....and generally enjoyed our retirement time. We even managed to get into a bad snow storm up in Flagstaff on March 7-8th. We went up to watch the Lady Griz basketball game against Northern Arizona on Thursday March 7...spent the night there...and the next morning woke up to a blizzard. We managed to get out of Flagstaff about 1 hour ahead of them closing I-17 because of the heavy snow. Felt just like home.

Next winter we're looking into renting a house there for about 6 weeks around Feb-March. Donna's brother is looking at buying a home on one of the golf courses and he says he will sell us his present home. We are really considering that offer. Mainly because we came back home to 10 inches of snow still in our yard. That really is getting old......as I am. I hit the big 70 on Wednesday.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 1:31:59 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

It's about time you post. Now do it more and more often. Ryan Braun is a beast and doesn't need any PED. Don't let WPR try to fool ya into thinking anything else.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dfosterf  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 2:54:30 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

Great to hear from ya Bob!
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 2:59:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,425
Applause Received: 1,204

Glad to hear you had a great time Bob. Hope the 8 weeks was long enough to get you thawed out before your return to the frozen wonderland.

I thought about you when I was watching the basketball games.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline MontanaBob  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 3:33:10 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 45

The thing I liked down there..........no yard work!!! Most (99%) of the yards are rock and cactus. No lawn to mow, no leaves to rake up and very little watering. I brought back a cactus shoot from the back yard there.....highly illegal...........but what the hell, I'm old and senile.......and planted it in a big pot in our sun room. Next year I expect to have a 10 foot tall Saguaro Cactus in my yard. I'll be the talk of the town......and probably in prison in Maricopa County under the tuteledge of Sheriff Joe. Have to wear pink Carhartts!!!
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Offline Formo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 11:28:18 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!