Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rockmolder  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:58:42 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 243

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
Zero, where are those measurables from? That's a really fast 40 for a safety and the vertical is very impressive.

There's a reason he went 7th overall that year. His measurables, combined with his game tape were pretty impressive.

Why he hasn't been picked up yet?

I figure that's because he's been decent for most of his career, combined with him being forced to play corner this year, which obviously isn't his natural position.

That said, I'd love him as an adition to our team and it does look like a Thompson-like signing. A bit of an overlooked FA, later on in FA, most likely for a reasonable price.

I like Porky's post, as well. That'd be one heck of a D-line, well over 1000 lbs, with some speed and ballhawking on the back-end. If Perry turns out the way we hope he will, that's one heck of a defense on paper, with some depth at nearly every position. Very impressive.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:32:22 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 243

@Ravens: #Ravens have a 3-year agreement in principle with safety Michael Huff.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:38:54 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
@Ravens: #Ravens have a 3-year agreement in principle with safety Michael Huff.

Does this surprise you at all? Ted Thompson will not bring in someone to help the team he believes and has to much ego to go against his draft picks.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline play2win  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:49:34 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I am not surprised. 3 year $6M deal. That was cheap!!! But, we can't afford that with our recent Finley bonus and Brad Jones signings.

OK who else can we talk about not signing with the Packers? Who will be next to schedule a visit and not show...? hmmmmm....
Offline Yerko  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:55:29 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 234

From what I am reading, talks of Huff visiting the Packers is being referred to as "agent bullshit" so before we all start going crazy because the Packers passed up another decent free agent, we should see if Huff ever really visited the team. My guess is its doubtful.

I agree it would have been nice to have a player of this caliber sitting in the defensive backfield...

29 days until the NFL Draft my friends.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:18:32 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

It amazes me how some people think luring free agents is 100% on Ted Thompson. They seem to forget that players and agents have input as well.

Why did the Raiders cut him or choose to not resign him? The Raiders have a worse secondary than the Packers and parted ways with him? I sure liked his measurables though.
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:23:10 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Why did the Raiders cut him or choose to not resign him? The Raiders have a worse secondary than the Packers and parted ways with him? I sure liked his measurables though.

I thought it was just a money issue, but I could be wrong. I don't think there was anything negative about him. He even moved from his safety position to help the Raiders at corner last season and faired pretty will.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:36:51 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Signed with Ravens.. never got to GB.. let the barrage begin. The Packers failed yet again... Weeeee!!

Hazer already began. Big Grin

There is so much of the offseason left.. and so much of the makeup of the 2013 roster yet to be formed.. dinner hasn't even started yet, hell the groceries aren't even in the cart. Although.. more often than not.. most of those ingredients are homegrown and tasty.

Huff's versatility would have been welcomed.. but is he heads above others we have on the roster? I am betting no.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:55:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:01:46 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 640
Applause Received: 1,318

The secondary is not a concern of mine. Burnnett just has to step up and take charge. McMillian will be more than capable with playing time. We have spoiled at safety for quite a while, guys like Leroy Butler and Nick Collins can't plucked out of the thin air. We are more than well stocked at cornerback and may even have the luxury to let Tramon walk when his contract is up.

Huff would have been a good addition, but I'm not going to cry over something that was more than likely not even a possibility. Hazr has enough hate for Uncle Ted for all of us. Let it ride buddy!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 3/27/2013(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:42:29 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
The secondary is not a concern of mine. Burnnett just has to step up and take charge. McMillian will be more than capable with playing time. We have spoiled at safety for quite a while, guys like Leroy Butler and Nick Collins can't plucked out of the thin air. We are more than well stocked at cornerback and may even have the luxury to let Tramon walk when his contract is up.

Huff would have been a good addition, but I'm not going to cry over something that was more than likely not even a possibility. Hazr has enough hate for Uncle Ted for all of us. Let it ride buddy!

Hell ya this is my favorite time of year because I can rip on Ted Thompson :) Think about it why won't free agents come to Green Bay? Maybe because Ted Thompson doesn't let them or low balls them. And then look how disrespectful him and Mike McCarthy are to guys at the ends of their careers. Look at how they treated Favre, Woodson, Driver, and Jennings. That treatment right there says come to us and we will take care of you.

Time for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy to move on, I see our team on the downside of the hill now and we won't win another Super Bowl with Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy running the show. We need o-line and D-line and Ted Thompson constantly strikes out on those picks and how about a running game? Who needs that when we can pad Rodgers stats for him.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Pack93z  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:49:41 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
Hell ya this is my favorite time of year because I can rip on Ted Thompson :) Think about it why won't free agents come to Green Bay? Maybe because Ted Thompson doesn't let them or low balls them. And then look how disrespectful him and Mike McCarthy are to guys at the ends of their careers. Look at how they treated Favre, Woodson, Driver, and Jennings. That treatment right there says come to us and we will take care of you.

Time for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy to move on, I see our team on the downside of the hill now and we won't win another Super Bowl with Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy running the show. We need o-line and D-line and Ted Thompson constantly strikes out on those picks and how about a running game? Who needs that when we can pad Rodgers stats for him.

Wait... didn't Wolf show White the door? Or Brown? I could continue on.. but Wolf, every GM has to make some difficult business decisions.

Fact is.. the end of careers with ballooning salaries for diminished returns is difficult and emotional.. probably more so from the fans seat.

Didn't Driver hold a retirement party in Lambeau with the evil Ted looking on?

Didn't the Packers offer Jennings a deal that actually would have paid him more than he got on the open market several months later?

Woodson.. the was a business decision based on a high salary vs a declining talent. Facts of the game.

Favre.. come now.. just as much of that divorce was owned by Favre as the Packers.. not saying they handled it perfectly, just there was a ton more there than just showing him the door. Additionally, I think the Packers learned from that and adjusted moving forward.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:12:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:50:14 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Well, this offseason, the Ravens knocked a bunch of players off their payroll, and signed:

Elvis Dumervil
Chris Canty
Marcus Spears
Michael Huff

Kind of weird how we don't play at all, except for signing one of our own in Brad Jones to an insanely high dollar figure. I don't see any improvements in GB thus far. Maybe the opposite with what I consider to be an overpay.
Offline Since69  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:00:25 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Dang! Too bad. Huff would have been a nice pickup. I wanted him over Hawk back in 2006...
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:09:08 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 874

It was super disrespectful of Ted to pay Driver 2 million dollars to play one more year when he was only good enough to be the #6 WR...Duh!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 3/27/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:48:14 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,862
Applause Received: 430

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
Look at how they treated Favre, Woodson, Driver, and Jennings.

That statement is just silly and devoid of facts and reality. Give me a break.

Rss Feed