Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 2:06:25 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

The Brewers sign Lohse.. give up a 1st rounder to the Cards and pay 11 million a year for 3 years... 34 years old.

Ugh.. I think this may help this season.. maybe next.. but will probably become a noose in the third year. Randy Wolf type player.

I would rather have rode out the young pitchers early to see how it plays out.. still going to be counting on them heavily anyway..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 2:41:44 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

A few years ago I had Kyle on a fantasy team. Like the Cards I picked him up late in the draft because I was stuck and was desperate for pitching. He does ok some years and then stunk for a couple more. I retired before he really hit his grove with them but since I was burnt I have have always been a little squeamish.

It does not make since for Milw to grab him no matter how desperate they are. Giving up a draft pick (And of course MLB is not the same as the NFL when it comes to drafts.) for Lohse is just plan dumb. You are right they may get 2 of the 3 years out of him but he is getting long in the tooth and they may only get one decent year out of him.

He needs to go to a contending team. Someone who doesn't mind paying $11 a year for a #3-4 pitcher because he will help put them over the top and they will contend.

Tampa could use him. The Angles, Texas, Toronto even Atlanta would improve their rotation by putting him in the middle of it. Milwaukee jumped the gun. I couldn't see him getting more than $8-9 mil a year.

Don't get me wrong- I wish him all the best but I think he and Milwaukee both made a mistake. Kyle by not taking the StL offer and Milw by signing him and giving up a #1 pick. Even if he wins 20 games, strike out 200 and has an ERA of 2.00 Milwaukee is still going to finish 3rd and not make the playoffs.

He will do one thing and that is to help teach a bunch of the young kids on the staff.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 2:53:19 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Screw the Cardinals. Their fans are snobby buttwipes!!

:)
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 3:09:43 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post

Don't get me wrong- I wish him all the best but I think he and Milwaukee both made a mistake. Kyle by not taking the StL offer and Milw by signing him and giving up a #1 pick. Even if he wins 20 games, strike out 200 and has an ERA of 2.00 Milwaukee is still going to finish 3rd and not make the playoffs.

Ahhhh... I am humored by your dismissal of the Brewers.. potent offense with a revamped bullpen and a number of options at starters.

I don't endorse the signing.. but penciling in the Brewers at third brings a smile to my face. We shall see...

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#20 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 4:15:09 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Ahhhh... I am humored by your dismissal of the Brewers.. potent offense with a revamped bullpen and a number of options at starters.

I don't endorse the signing.. but penciling in the Brewers at third brings a smile to my face. We shall see...

Indeed. That is why way play the games.
Some "experts" have Milwaukee finishing 4th. I at least bumped them up a notch.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed